Directorate of Medical Education Raipur stands tall as a beacon of guidance and opportunity, serving as the distinguished counseling authority for medical and dental courses in the state. With a commitment to excellence and equity, the DME orchestrates a symphony of counseling procedures, ensuring a harmonious journey for aspiring healthcare professionals.
In its role as the esteemed counseling authority, the DME orchestrates a meticulous and precise process, akin to a conductor leading an orchestra. With expertise and finesse, it orchestrates the counseling sessions, orchestrating a seamless flow of information, guidance, and support. Through its endeavors, the DME creates a platform where deserving candidates can showcase their talents and aspirations, eagerly awaiting the moment when their dreams will take center stage.
Steeped in principles of fairness and transparency, the DME acts as the guardian of integrity throughout the counseling process. It meticulously verifies the documents presented by candidates, scrutinizing every note and melody, to ensure that only the most authentic and deserving individuals find their place in the grand composition of medical education. The DME’s commitment to maintaining the highest standards of credibility further strengthens the harmony of the counseling system.
The DME’s presence resonates throughout Chhattisgarh, leaving an indelible mark on the lives of countless individuals. It is an unwavering source of hope, forging a path towards a vibrant healthcare ecosystem in the state. With each counseling session, the DME composes a new chapter, intertwining the aspirations of the candidates with the threads of opportunity, creating a symphony that reverberates with success and achievement.
In the vast stage of medical education, the Directorate of Medical Education in Raipur, Chhattisgarh takes center stage as a distinguished counseling authority, where the melodies of talent, dreams, and dedication are skillfully orchestrated into a harmonious ensemble. With every counseling cycle, the DME enriches lives, fosters growth, and nurtures the future guardians of healthcare, transforming aspirations into a symphony of success.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Role of Directorate of Medical Education in Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- 3 Postgraduate Courses
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for various Courses
- 5 NEET UG Cut-Off 2023
- 6 Eligibility For Post-graduate Courses
- 7 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 8 NEET MDS Cut off 2023
- 9 Counselling Registration
- 10 Counselling Process
- 11 Documents required
- 12 Participating Colleges
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions
- 14 Q: What is the role of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) in Raipur, Chhattisgarh?
- 15 Q: How can I register for counseling under the DME, Raipur?
- 16 Q: What documents are required for the counseling process?
- 17 Q: How is the seat allocation done during counseling?
- 18 Q: What happens if I am allotted a seat during counseling?
- 19 Q: Can I participate in subsequent rounds of counseling if I am not satisfied with my seat allotment?
- 20 Q: How can I stay updated with the counseling process and notifications?
- 21 Q: What are the eligibility criteria for participating in the counseling process under the DME, Raipur?
- 22 Q: Is there an entrance examination for admission to Medical, Dental, and AYUSH courses under the DME, Raipur?
- 23 Q: How is the counseling schedule determined by the DME, Raipur?
- 24 Q: Can I participate in counseling if I belong to a different state or Union Territory?
|Counselling Authority Name||Directorate of Medical Education Raipur|
|Programs Offered||Medical and Dental|
|Role||Commencing counselling process as counseling authority for medical and health science undergraduate and postgraduate courses|
|Objective||To facilitate a fair and transparent counseling process for admission|
|Counselling Process||Registration and ApplicationVerification of DocumentsMerit List Generation Choice Filling and Seat AllotmentReporting and Admission|
|Focus Areas||Academic excellence and research, Clinical skills and ethics and Community engagement in medical and dental education in Chhattisgarh|
|Contact Information||Address: North Block, Sector-19, Swasthya Bhawan, 2nd Floor, Nawa Raipur, Atal Nagar, Chhattisgarh, Pin – 49200|
Role of Directorate of Medical Education in Raipur, Chhattisgarh
The Directorate of Medical Education (DME) in Raipur, Chhattisgarh plays a crucial role in the development, regulation, and enhancement of medical education in the state. As an esteemed institution, it carries out several responsibilities and functions to ensure the delivery of quality medical education and the overall growth of the healthcare sector. Here are the key roles and responsibilities of the Directorate of Medical Education:
- The DME is responsible for formulating policies, guidelines, and regulations related to medical education in Chhattisgarh. It develops strategies to enhance the quality of education, improve infrastructure, and establish standards for medical colleges and institutions.
Admissions and Counseling
- The DME oversees the admission process for undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses in Chhattisgarh. It conducts counseling sessions, verifies documents, and facilitates the fair and transparent allocation of seats to eligible candidates.
Affiliation and Recognition
- The DME is involved in the affiliation and recognition process of medical colleges in the state. It ensures that the colleges meet the necessary criteria and adhere to the regulations set by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and other governing bodies.
- The DME collaborates with medical colleges and universities to develop and update the curriculum for medical education. It ensures that the curriculum is relevant, comprehensive, and aligned with the latest advancements in the medical field.
- The DME focuses on the professional development of faculty members in medical colleges. It organizes workshops, seminars, and training programs to upgrade their knowledge and teaching skills, thereby ensuring the availability of competent educators.
- The DME conducts regular inspections and assessments of medical colleges to ensure compliance with standards of infrastructure, faculty, and facilities. It takes necessary measures to maintain and improve the quality of education and healthcare services in the state.
Research and Innovation
- The DME promotes and supports research activities in the field of medical sciences. It encourages collaboration between medical institutions, universities, and researchers to facilitate the discovery of new knowledge and advancements in healthcare.
Collaboration and Networking
- The DME collaborates with national and international institutions to foster academic and research collaborations. It encourages the exchange of knowledge, resources, and expertise, ultimately enriching the medical education ecosystem in Chhattisgarh.
|Aerospace Medicine||3 Years|
|Community medicine||3 Years|
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years|
|Emergency Medicine||3 Years|
|Family Medicine||3 Years|
|Forensic Medicine||3 Years|
|General Medicine||3 Years|
|Health Administration||3 Years|
|Hospital Administration||3 Years|
|Infectious Diseases||3 Years|
|Marine Medicine||3 Years|
|Medical Genetics||3 Years|
|Nuclear medicine||3 Years|
|Palliative Medicine||3 Years|
|Tropical Medicine||3 Years|
|Sports Medicine||3 Years|
|Respiratory Medicine||3 Years|
|Pulmonary medicine||3 Years|
|Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation||3 Years|
Eligibility Criteria for various Courses
For Undergraduate Courses ( MBBS, BDS and AYUSH)
|MBBS||Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as of 31st December of the admission year.Applicants must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects. They should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.Candidates must have qualified in the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|BDS||Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as of 31st December of the admission year.Applicants must have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.They should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% (40% for reserved categories) in the qualifying examination. Candidates must have qualified in the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
NEET UG Cut-Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility For Post-graduate Courses
For Medical Courses
|Nationality||Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for Chhattisgarh PG NEET Counselling 2023.|
|Education Qualification||Candidates must have completed their MBBS degree from a recognized university or institute. They must have also qualified the NEET PG 2023 exam.|
|Domicile||Candidates must be a domicile of Chhattisgarh state or have completed their MBBS degree from a medical college in Chhattisgarh.|
|Internship||Completion of one year of internship or likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March.|
|Age Limit||There is no upper age limit for Chhattisgarh PG NEET Counselling.|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
For Dental Courses
|Academic Qualification||Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree from a recognized institution|
|Internship Completion||Completion of a one-year compulsory rotating internship on or before March 31, 2023|
|NEET MDS Score||The qualifying score in the NEET MDS 2023 examination|
|Domicile||Candidates must be residents of Chhattisgarh or have completed their BDS degree from an institution in the state|
|Age Limit||There is no upper age limit for admission to postgraduate dental courses|
|Registration||Candidates must register for the counselling process through the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education, Chhattisgarh|
|Documents Required||Valid NEET MDS scorecard, BDS degree certificate, internship completion certificate, domicile certificate (if applicable), and other relevant documents as specified by the counselling authority|
NEET MDS Cut off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Step 1: Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website for Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023 (Click Here)..
Step 2: Registration: Click on the “Registration” or “Apply Now” link on the website.
Step 3: Personal Details: Fill in your personal details accurately, including your name, date of birth, contact information, NEET Roll Number, and other required information.
Step 4: Document Upload: Upload scanned copies of essential documents, such as your NEET scorecard, mark sheets, photograph, and signature, following the specified format and size requirements.
Step 5: Choice Filling: Select your preferred colleges and courses. You can typically fill in multiple choices and prioritize them.
Step 6: Fee Payment: Pay the counselling registration fee as per the instructions provided on the website. Payment can often be made online through various modes like credit/debit cards, net banking, or e-wallets.
Step 7: Lock Choices: Once you’ve filled in your choices, lock them to finalize your preferences.
Step 8: Confirmation: After completing the registration, you’ll receive a confirmation of your registration via email or SMS.
Counselling Registration Fees
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website for Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023 (Click Here)..
- Click on the “Counselling Registration” or a similar link.
Step 2: Online Registration
- Create an account or log in if you already have one.
- Fill in your personal details accurately, including your name, date of birth, contact information, NEET Roll Number, and other required information.
Step 3: Document Upload
- Upload scanned copies of essential documents, such as your NEET scorecard, mark sheets, photograph, and signature. Ensure they meet the specified format and size requirements.
Step 4: Choice Filling
- Select your preferred colleges and courses from the available options.
- You can typically fill in multiple choices and prioritize them based on your preferences.
Step 5: Payment of Registration Fee
- Pay the counselling registration fee as per the provided instructions.
- Payment can usually be made online through various modes, such as credit/debit cards, net banking, or e-wallets.
Step 6: Lock Choices
- Once you’ve filled in your choices, lock them to finalize your preferences.
Step 7: Verification
- After the registration, there may be a document verification stage.
- You might need to visit a designated verification center with your original documents for verification.
Step 8: Merit List
- Wait for the authorities to release the merit list based on your NEET score and other criteria.
- Check the website for the publication date of the merit list.
Step 9: Seat Allotment
- Based on the merit list and your selected choices, you’ll be allotted seats in colleges.
- You can choose to accept the allotted seat or opt for a choice upgradation in subsequent rounds.
Step 10: Reporting to Allotted College
- If you accept the allotted seat, you’ll need to report to the respective college within the specified timeframe for admission.
Step 11: Subsequent Rounds (if applicable)
- If you wish to participate in further rounds of counselling for seat upgradation, follow the instructions provided on the website
- NEET 2023 admit card
- NEET 2023 scorecard
- Class 10 pass certificate/Date of birth certificate
- Class 12 or equivalent examination mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate issued from the last attended institute
- Pass certificate from Class 6 to Class 12
- Permanent caste certificate, if necessary
- Aadhaar Card
- Minority certificate, if applicable
- Candidates who have studied outside Chhattisgarh are required to show the resident certificate stating that s/he is residing in the state for 10 years.
- Income certificate, if claiming fee exemption
- Undertaking signed by the parents and candidates that document about caste and area in original.
- Local status certificate
- A special category, if available
For Postgraduate Courses
For Medical courses
- NEET PG Admit Card
- NEET PG Score/Rank Card
- MBBS/BDS Mark Sheet
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship completion certificate
- NMC issued Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate.
- Date of Birth Proof
- Valid Identity Proof (Aadhar/PAN/DL/Passport)
- Caste Certificate (For Reserved Category)
- Disability Certificate (If any)
- Domicile Certificate (Chhattisgarh Students)
For Dental Courses
- NEET MDS 2023 scorecard
- NEET MDS 2023 Admit Card
- Mark sheet of BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year examinations
- Qualifying examination certificate, that is, BDS Degree Certificate (5)Permanent or provisional certificate provided by DCI/Dental Council
- Internship completion certificate issued by the Head of the Institution
- 10th standard certificate as proof of birth
- Valid Government Identity proofs (Driving License/ PAN Card/Voter ID/Passport or Aadhar Card)
- A physically handicapped medical certificate, if required.
- (10)SC/ST/OBC certificate, if required
|Medical College in Chhattisgarh||(Click here)|
|Dental College in Chhattisgarh||(Click Here)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the role of the Directorate of Medical Education (DME) in Raipur, Chhattisgarh?
A: The DME in Raipur, Chhattisgarh is responsible for the development, regulation, and enhancement of medical education in the state. It acts as the counseling authority for Medical, Dental, and AYUSH courses, facilitating the admission process and ensuring fair and transparent seat allocation.
Q: How can I register for counseling under the DME, Raipur?
A: To register for counseling, eligible candidates need to visit the official website of the DME and complete the online registration process. They must provide the required personal and academic details as specified in the registration form.
Q: What documents are required for the counseling process?
A: The documents required for counseling may include educational certificates, mark sheets, identity proof, domicile certificate, caste certificate (if applicable), and other relevant documents. Candidates are advised to refer to the official notification or guidelines for the complete list of documents.
Q: How is the seat allocation done during counseling?
A: Seat allocation is based on the merit rank of the candidates and their preferred choices of courses and colleges. The counseling authority considers the availability of seats and the candidate’s rank to allocate seats accordingly.
Q: What happens if I am allotted a seat during counseling?
A: If you are allotted a seat during counseling, you need to download the provisional allotment letter and report to the designated college within the specified time frame. You must complete the admission process by submitting the required documents and paying the admission fee.
Q: Can I participate in subsequent rounds of counseling if I am not satisfied with my seat allotment?
A: Yes, if there are vacant seats after the initial round of counseling, subsequent rounds may be conducted. Candidates who wish to upgrade their seat or those who did not get a seat in the first round can participate in the subsequent rounds.
Q: How can I stay updated with the counseling process and notifications?
A: It is important to regularly visit the official website of the Directorate of Medical Education in Raipur, Chhattisgarh for updates, notifications, and announcements related to counseling. The website will provide all the necessary information and guidelines for the counseling process.
Q: What are the eligibility criteria for participating in the counseling process under the DME, Raipur?
A: The eligibility criteria for counseling may vary depending on the specific courses. Generally, candidates must fulfill the educational qualifications, age limit, and other requirements specified in the official notification. It is important to carefully review the eligibility criteria before applying for counseling.
Q: Is there an entrance examination for admission to Medical, Dental, and AYUSH courses under the DME, Raipur?
A: The admission process may involve an entrance examination, such as the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for Medical and Dental courses. However, it is advisable to refer to the official notification for the specific requirements and entrance examinations applicable to the desired courses.
Q: How is the counseling schedule determined by the DME, Raipur?
A: The counseling schedule is determined by the DME, taking into consideration factors such as availability of seats, the timeline set by regulatory authorities, and other relevant factors. The counseling schedule will be announced through official notifications and on the DME’s website.
Q: Can I participate in counseling if I belong to a different state or Union Territory?
A: The eligibility for participation in counseling under the DME, Raipur is usually limited to candidates who meet the specified domicile requirements. However, some seats may be reserved for candidates from other states or Union Territories based on certain criteria. It is advisable to refer to the official notification for detailed information.