MD in Respiratory Medicine is two years postgraduate aims to produce proficient cardiac physicians capable of meeting the health needs of patient populations with all types of cardiac troubles while also fulfilling professional obligations in accordance with the National Healthcare Policy as well as professional ethics. The program focuses on the identification, treatment, and prevention of respiratory diseases. The curriculum is broken down into four six-month-long semesters, allowing students to finish their degrees quickly.
For the purpose of determining a candidate’s eligibility for admission to different government and private medical colleges for the MD program, the National Testing Agency’s (NTA) NEET exam results are used. According to the AIQ quota, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) is in charge of and manages postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats, and state counseling organizations are in charge of counseling for the other 50% of seats.
MD in Respiratory Medicine Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in Respiratory Medicine|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medicall Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 10,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Medical Pathologists, Professor, Bacteriologists, Anaesthesiologists, General Practitioners, Chiropodists, etc.|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Respiratory Medicine?
- Individuals can treat and identify conditions affecting the lungs and respiratory system with the aid of an MD in respiratory medicine. The larynx, lungs, and diaphragm are some examples of these body parts. Respiratory conditions account for one-third of hospital admissions. Individuals will assess patients in outpatient clinics who have symptoms or have chest X-rays that are abnormal.
- MD Respiratory Medicine physicians write prescriptions for drugs to treat a range of illnesses and conditions. For instance, a pulmonologist is qualified to identify and manage pulmonary diseases like tuberculosis. His knowledge in this area will guarantee that the patient receives the best care possible.
- The potential of MD The future of respiratory medicine is promising due to its rapid expansion. To advance the treatment and study of respiratory diseases, numerous centers must be established. These facilities will require doctors with the knowledge and expertise to lead in this field of medicine.
- There is a big demand for qualified professionals in the growing field of pulmonary medicine. Respiratory disorders are becoming more prevalent as the population ages, and lung health can affect how long somebody can continue living
MD in Respiratory Medicine Syallbus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MD First Year||Semester 1|
|Structure & Function of Respiratory System, Cardiovascular system, and mediastinumAirwaysThoracic TumorsNon-TB Respiratory InfectionsTuberculosisPulmonary Vascular DiseasesOccupational and Environmental DiseasesDiffuse Parenchymal (interstitial) Lung Diseases|
|Latrogenic diseasesAcute InjuryRespiratory FailurePleural DiseasesDiseases of the chest wall and respiratory muscles including the DiaphragmMediastinal Diseases excluding tumorsPleuro-pulmonary manifestations of systemic/Extra-pulmonary DisordersGenetic and Development Disorders|
|MD Second Year||Semester 3.|
|Respiratory Diseases and PregnancyAllergic Diseases (IGE medicated)Eosinophilic DiseasesSleep related disordersImmunodeficiency disordersOrphan Lung diseasesSymptoms and Signs Pulmonary Function Testing|
|Pulmonary Function TestingDifferent ProceduresTreatment Modalities and Prevention MeasuresCore generic abilitiesCompetencies in the fields shared with other specialtiesKnowledge of associated fields relevant to adult Respiratory MedicineFurther Areas relevant to respiratory medicineThesis|
MD in Respiratory Medicine Courses Entrance Exams
|MD in Respiratory Medicine||NEET PG Exam|
MD in Respiratory Medicine Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD in Respiratory Medicine||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD in Respiratory Medicine Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Respiratory Therapist||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 16,00,000 Per Annum|
|National Consultant||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 12,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Technical Assistant||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 99,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Lecturer||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Junior Research Scientist||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Professor||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD in Respiratory Medicine Scope & Career Opportunities
- Individuals with the assistance of a respiratory medicine MD can treat and identify conditions affecting the lungs and respiratory system. These body parts include the larynx, lungs, and diaphragm. One-third of hospital admissions are due to respiratory conditions. Individuals will evaluate patients in outpatient clinics who have symptoms or abnormal chest X-rays.
- MD Physicians in Respiratory Medicine write prescriptions for drugs to treat a variety of illnesses and conditions. A pulmonologist, for example, is trained to diagnose and treat pulmonary diseases such as tuberculosis. His expertise in this field will ensure that the patient receives the best possible care.
- MD’s Possibility Because of its rapid growth, the future of respiratory medicine looks bright. Numerous centers must be established to advance the treatment and study of respiratory diseases. These facilities will necessitate the presence of doctors who have the knowledge and expertise to lead in this field of medicine.
- In the expanding field of pulmonary medicine, there is a high demand for qualified professionals. Respiratory disorders are becoming more common as the population ages, and lung health can influence how long someone can live.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD in Respiratory Medicine?
A. MD in Respiratory Medicine is two years postgraduate aims to produce proficient cardiac physicians capable of meeting the health needs of patient populations with all types of cardiac troubles while also fulfilling professional obligations in accordance with the National Healthcare Policy as well as professional ethics. The program focuses on the identification, treatment, and prevention of respiratory diseases.
Q. What is the duration of the MD in Respiratory Medicine?
A. The duration of MD in Respiratory Medicine is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Respiratory Medicine?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Respiratory Medicine is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Respiratory Medicine?
A.The average fee or MD in Respiratory Medicine is between Rs. 1,00,000 and Rs. 25,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by an MD in Respiratory Medicine?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in Respiratory Medicine are Casualty Medical Officer, Centre Manager, Hospital Administrator, Manager, Medical Superintendent, Operations Head, Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Resident Anaesthetist, and Resident Pathologist, etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.