MD in Hospital Administration is a three-year postgraduate medical program. Hospital administrators oversee hospices, drug abuse treatment facilities, outpatient clinics, and hospitals. Participants in the programs receive training in project, operational, financial, material, and human resource management, allowing them to assume leadership positions. The individual will be well-versed in medical care and data processing technologies but will do so without the use of scalpels. Graduates of the M.D. program are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in their careers. It is an excellent option for anyone looking to advance their medical career. Students who want to pursue an MD in family medicine must first obtain an MBBS degree. After that, they will be eligible to apply for this.
Admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD program is based on the candidate’s performance on the NEET exam administered by the National Testing Agency. In accordance with the AIQ quota, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) oversees and conducts postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats, and state counseling agencies handle counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MD in Hospital Administration Highlights
- 2 MD in Hospital Administration Syllabus
- 3 MD in Hospital Administration Courses Entrance Exams
- 4 MD in Hospital Administration Fees Structure
- 5 MD in Hospital Administration Average Salary Range
- 6 MD Courses Eligibility
- 7 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 8 MD in Hospital Administration Scope & Career Opportunities
- 9 MD College Predictor
- 10 MD Admission Consultant
- 11 Frequently Asked question
- 11.1 Q. What is an MD in Hospital Administration?
- 11.2 Q. What is the duration of the MD in Hospital Administration?
- 11.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Hospital Administration?
- 11.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Hospital Administration?
- 11.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by an MD in hospital administration?
- 11.6 Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
MD in Hospital Administration Highlights
|Name of Course
|MD in Hospital Administration
|Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score
|National Medical Commission
|NEET PG Exam
|Average Fees Range
|Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 3,00,000/-
|Average Salary Range
|Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-
|Casualty Medical Officer, Centre Manager, Hospital AdministratorManager, Medical Superintendent, Operations Head, Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Resident Anaesthetist, and Resident Pathologist, etc
XWhy should you pursue a career as an MD in hospital administration?
- MD Hospital administration programs prepare you to manage the healthcare business. It is a rewarding profession that can take you anywhere. This program will also assist you in becoming a healthcare executive. Many prestigious hospitals are looking for MD graduates to lead their departments.
- The course gives students tools for problem-solving and aids in the development of planning and management skills for various types of hospitals.
- Large corporate, public, and private sector hospitals, clinics, international and domestic healthcare organizations, health insurance companies, colleges and universities, healthcare facilities, nursing homes, public health departments, rehabilitation facilities, pharmaceutical and hospital supply companies, medical software developers, and hospital consulting firms are all places where they can find work.
- The spread of the pandemic and the expansion of the healthcare infrastructure have increased the demand for medical professionals. The healthcare sector will expand to become a significant employer in the coming years.
MD in Hospital Administration Syllabus
|Subjects of Study
|Human Resource Management
|Materials Management in a Hospital
|Business Law and Regulations
|Health Administration in India
|Medical Care Systems
|National Health Programmes
|Epidemiology – General
|Health Information Systems
|Legal Aspects of Health Care
|Community Health Administration
|Nursing Service Administration
|Legal Aspects of Hospitals
|Human Relation in Hospitals
|Hospital Hazards including Disaster Management and Fire-Safety management
|Biomedical Waste Management
|Hospital Planning – General consideration
|Organization & administration of clinical services.
|Organization & Administration of Supportive & Utility Services.
|Project Management and related case studies
MD in Hospital Administration Courses Entrance Exams
MD in Hospital Administration Fees Structure
|MD in Hospital Administration
|Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees have been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MD course fees in government colleges.
MD in Hospital Administration Average Salary Range
|Casualty Medical Officer
|Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 5,00,000 Per Annum
|Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum
|Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum
|Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum
|Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test
|Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.
|Candidate must complete a 1-year internship
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Cut off percentile
MD in Hospital Administration Scope & Career Opportunities
- The course equips students with the skills needed to plan and manage various types of hospitals as well as problem-solving tools.
- They can find employment in large corporations, the public sector, the private sector, hospitals, clinics, domestic and international healthcare organizations, health insurance companies, colleges and universities, healthcare facilities, nursing homes, public health departments, rehabilitation facilities, pharmaceutical and hospital supply companies, medical software developers, and hospital consulting firms.
- The demand for medical professionals has risen as a result of the pandemic’s spread and the development of the healthcare system. In the upcoming years, the healthcare industry will grow to employ a sizable number of people.
- A large amount of generation, which is now entering their late 50s and early 60s, is to blame for the increase in demand. These people will be more likely to seek medical attention because they have an increasing need for healthcare. Due to the shortage of doctors and other staff, there will be a rising demand for medical administrators.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD in Hospital Administration?
A.MD in Hospital Administration is a three-year postgraduate medical program. Hospital administrators oversee hospices, drug abuse treatment facilities, outpatient clinics, and hospitals
Q. What is the duration of the MD in Hospital Administration?
A. The duration of MD in Hospital Administration is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Hospital Administration?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Hospital Administration is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-.
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Hospital Administration?
A. A. The average fees range for MD in Hospital Administration is between Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 3,00,000/-.
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by an MD in hospital administration?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in Hospital Administration are Casualty Medical Officer, Centre Manager, Hospital Administrator, Manager, Medical Superintendent, Operations Head, Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Resident Anaesthetist, and Resident Pathologist etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.