Medical colleges in Chhattisgarh provide high-quality medical education to individuals interested in a career in medicine. The medical education curriculum in Chhattisgarh medical institutions adheres to the Medical Council of India’s (MCI) guidelines and involves theoretical and practical instruction in a variety of subjects.
To get admission to medical colleges in Chhattisgarh, candidates must take the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (NEET) and obtain a qualifying score. In Chhattisgarh, there are various government and private medical colleges that offer undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MD/MS) courses in medicine.
Medical colleges in Chhattisgarh provide students with cutting-edge equipment and amenities, such as well-equipped laboratories, libraries, and clinics. Medical colleges also have skilled and qualified teachers that give complete medical education and training to students.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 Why Chhattisgarh is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- 3 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 hhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023
- 7 Counselling Registration
- 8 Counselling Process
- 9 Documents required
- 10 Counselling Fee
- 11 Eligibility Criteria
- 12 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 13 Participating Medical Colleges
- 14 Frequently Asked Questions
- 15 Q. How many medical colleges are there in Chhattisgarh?
- 16 Q: What are the eligibility requirements for admission to Chhattisgarh medical colleges?
- 17 Q: Do Chhattisgarh have any government medical colleges?
- 18 Q: What courses are available in Chhattisgarh medical colleges?
- 19 Q: What is the duration of MBBS course in Chhattisgarh?
- 20 Q: What are the fees for MBBS in Chhattisgarh?
- 21 Q: What is the procedure for admission to medical colleges in Chhattisgarh?
Medical Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET UG exam||NEET-PG Exam|
|Approval From||National Medical Commission||National Medical Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS Degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical Colleges in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
|Popular Medical Colleges In Chhattisgarh||Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College, RaipurGovernment Medical College, AmbikapurLate Shri Baliram Kashyap Memorial Medical College, JagdalpurChandulal Chandrakar Memorial Medical College, Durg||Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences, BilaspurRaipur Institute of Medical Sciences, RaipurShri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences, BhilaiLate Shri Lakhi Ram Agrawal Memorial Government Medical College, Raigarh|
Why Chhattisgarh is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
Chhattisgarh has become a popular destination for medical aspirants due to several factors. Here are some of the reasons why Chhattisgarh is a popular medical education destination:
- Quality Education: Medical colleges in Chhattisgarh provide high-quality medical education that meets national norms. The curriculum adheres to Medical Council of India (MCI) norms and involves theoretical and practical training in disciplines such as anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, pathology, microbiology, forensic medicine, and community medicine, among others.
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure: Medical colleges in Chhattisgarh have cutting-edge equipment and amenities, such as well-equipped laboratories, libraries, and hospitals. Modern teaching tools and technology are available in the colleges, making learning more interactive and interesting.
- Experienced Faculty: Medical colleges in Chhattisgarh have skilled and qualified professors who provide comprehensive medical education and training to students. Faculty members are specialists in their disciplines and are committed to passing on their knowledge and expertise to students.
- Affordable Education: The cost of medical education in Chhattisgarh is lower than in other states, making it an attractive alternative for students. Students can receive subsidized tuition at government medical colleges, and private medical colleges charge reasonable prices.
- Placement Opportunities: Chhattisgarh medical colleges have a solid track record when it comes to placement possibilities. Students from these colleges have been hired by some of the country’s largest hospitals and healthcare organizations, and many of them have gone on to become doctors.
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Here is an approximate salary range for MBBS and MD/MS graduates in various job profiles based on industry standards and research:
|Job Profile||Salary Range for MBBS||Salary Range for MD/MS|
|General Physician||INR 4,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Officer||INR 3,00,000 – 8,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum|
|Resident Doctor||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Junior Consultant||INR 5,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
|Senior Consultant||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum||INR 20,00,000 – 50,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Professor||INR 8,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum||INR 15,00,000 – 35,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Researcher||INR 4,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 8,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
hhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official CGDME counseling website: www.cgdme.admissions.nic.in.
- Complete the online registration/application form yourself. Do not use agents or third parties.
- Register only once; multiple registrations will result in disqualification.
Step 2: Fill Up the Registration form
- Candidates are required to fill the all personal and qualification details in the registration form very cautiously.
Step 2: Information Accuracy
- Verify that all information provided during registration is accurate and factual.
- CGDME will not entertain requests for changes after submission.
Step 3: No Editing of Information
- CGDME does not edit or modify any registration information under any circumstances.
- Data entered on the NTA portal will be used for counseling purposes.
Step 4: Confirm Eligibility and Fee Structure
- Confirm your eligibility and domicile status before registering.
- Verify the fee structure and any additional fees from colleges, especially private ones.
Step 5: Central Pool Seats
- CGDME does not handle Central Pool nomination seats.
- Candidates should be aware of this and seek information elsewhere if needed.
Step 7: Registration and Security Deposit Refund Fees
- Make the payment for the Registration and Security Deposit Refund Fees. Any security deposit will be refunded to the same account from which it was initially deposited.
Counselling Registration Fees
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website for Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023 (Click Here).
- Click on the “Counselling Registration” or a similar link.
Step 2: Online Registration
- Create an account or log in if you already have one.
- Fill in your personal details accurately, including your name, date of birth, contact information, NEET Roll Number, and other required information.
Step 3: Rounds for the counselling
Round 1: Seat Allotment with Free Exit Option
- All candidates can participate in Round 1.
- Choose your preferences for colleges and courses.
- After the seat allotment in Round 1, candidates have the option to exit without losing their security deposit.
Round 2: Fresh Choices and Forfeiture Rules
- Only candidates who wish to continue to Round 2 participate.
- You can select new preferences for colleges and courses in Round 2.
- Results of Round 2 will be published on the CGDME counseling website.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat in Round 2 (Government or Private medical colleges) and chooses not to take admission or resigns after admission, their security deposit will be forfeited. They will also be ineligible for further counseling rounds.
Mop-Up Round: Eligibility and Process
- All registered candidates who haven’t been allotted any seat after Round 2 are eligible.
- Candidates admitted in Government or Private Dental Colleges but still unallotted for Medical Colleges are eligible.
- Participate by filling fresh choices for the Mop-Up Round.
- The results of the Mop-Up Round will be published on the CGDME counseling website.
- Report to the allotted Medical/Dental College after the Mop-Up Round.
Final Stray Vacancy Round: Compliance with Supreme Court Judgment
- This round is for State contributed seats and is conducted in compliance with a Supreme Court judgment.
- A merit list containing ten times the number of available seats is sent to the respective colleges for scrutiny and admission.
- No fresh registrations occur in the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
Step 4: Merit List
- NEET admit card/ result
- Class 10 mark sheet/ birth certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Caste/ category certificate (if applicable)
- Chhattisgarh State Residential Certificate
- Chhattisgarh State Character Certificate
- Income Certificate(for OBC candidates)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Freedom Fighter Certificate issued by Collectorate (if applicable)
- Allotment Letter
- Aadhaar Card/Other Photo Identity Proof
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Nationality||Indian citizens and eligible NRI candidates.|
|Age Limit||Minimum age limit: 17 years as of December 31, 2023.|
|Educational Qualifications||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects.|
|NEET Qualification||Should have qualified in the NEET-UG 2023 examination and obtained the minimum required percentile/cutoff score as determined by the authorities.|
|Domicile Requirement||Candidates must be residents of Chhattisgarh or fulfill specific domicile requirements set by the state authorities.|
|Category Reservation||Reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC) should meet the relevant criteria and provide valid certificates during the counselling process.|
|Age Relaxation||Some relaxation in the upper age limit may be applicable for reserved categories|
|Medical Fitness||Candidates must meet the medical fitness standards as per the guidelines issued by the respective authorities.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Participating Medical Colleges
|College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees structure|
|Rajmata Shrimati Devendra kumari Singhdeo Government Medical College, Surguja ( C.G.)||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur||Govt.||2016||125||Rs. 40,000/-|
|Pt. J N M Medical College, Raipur||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur||Govt.||1963||230||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Late Shri Lakhi Ram Agrawal Memorial Govt. Medical College, Raigarh||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur||Govt.||2013||100||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Late Shri Baliram Kashyap Memorial NDMC Govt. Medical College, Jagdalpur||Pt.Ravishankar Shukla University (Prev. Ravishankar University),Raipur||Govt.||2006||125||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Government Medical College, Mahasamund||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur||Govt.||2022||125||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Government Medical College, Korba||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur||Govt.||125||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Government Medical College, Kanker||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur||Govt.||2021||125||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Government Medical College (Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpyee Memorial Med. Col.), Rajnandgaon||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur||Govt.||2014||125||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences, Bilaspur||Ayush and Health Sciences University, Chhattisgarh||Govt.||2001||180||Rs. 50,000/-|
|Chandulal Chandrakar Memorial Govt. Medical College, Durg||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur||Govt.||2013||200|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur||Statutory Autonomous, AIIMS(Raipur)||Govt.||2012||125||Rs.5,780/-|
|College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees Structure|
|Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhilai||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur||Society||2016||150||Rs. 12,62,856/-|
|Shri Balaji Institute of Medical Science||Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Science & Ayush University of Chattisgarh||Society||2021||150||Rs. 12,00,156/-|
|Raipur Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), Raipur||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur||Society||2016||150||Rs. 12,50,156/-|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many medical colleges are there in Chhattisgarh?
A: Chhattisgarh has a total of 14 medical colleges, including both government and private Colleges.
Q: What are the eligibility requirements for admission to Chhattisgarh medical colleges?
A: Candidates must have finished their 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as obligatory subjects to be eligible for admission to medical colleges in Chhattisgarh. They must also have taken the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (NEET) and obtained a qualifying score.
Q: Do Chhattisgarh have any government medical colleges?
A: Yes, Chhattisgarh has a number of government medical colleges, including the Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Medical College in Raipur, the Government Medical College in Ambikapur, and the Late Shri Baliram Kashyap Memorial Medical College in Jagdalpur.
Q: What courses are available in Chhattisgarh medical colleges?
A: Medical colleges in Chhattisgarh provide undergraduate (MBBS) and postgraduate (MD/MS) medical education.
Q: What is the duration of MBBS course in Chhattisgarh?
A: The MBBS course in Chhattisgarh has a duration of five and a half years, including a one-year internship.
Q: What are the fees for MBBS in Chhattisgarh?
A: Fees for MBBS in Chhattisgarh vary based on the college. Government medical colleges provide subsidized education, whilst private medical colleges charge greater tuition.
Q: What is the procedure for admission to medical colleges in Chhattisgarh?
A: Admission to medical colleges in Chhattisgarh is based on candidates’ performance in the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (NEET). To be eligible for admission, candidates must obtain a minimum qualifying score in the NEET.