Government Medical College Kanker is a medical school in Kanker, Chhattisgarh, India. It is a government-funded medical college affiliated with Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur. The National Medica l Commission has recognised the college.
Government Medical College Kanker offers a variety of research opportunities to students in order to encourage them to pursue research in the field of medicine. The college has well-equipped research laboratories and encourages students to participate in research projects and publications.
The admission process for MBBS at Government Medical College Kanker is through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The candidates who qualify the NEET exam and meet the eligibility criteria can apply for admission to the college. The admission is done based on the NEET score and the reservation policy of the Government of Chhattisgarh.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Deparments
- 5 Faculty and Staff
- 6 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 MBBS Internship
- 9 Fees Structure
- 10 Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023
- 11 Counselling Registration
- 12 Counselling Process
- 13 Documents required
- 14 Counselling Fee
- 15 Eligibility Criteria
- 16 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 17 Government Medical College, Kanker Cut-Off 2023
- 18 Government Medical College, Kanker Cut-Off 2022 (MCC)
- 19 Contact Details
- 20 Ranking & Reputation
- 21 NEET College Predictors
- 22 NEET Rank Predictors
- 23 Expert Admission Consultants
- 24 Frequently Asked Questions
- 24.1 Q: Is Government Medical College Kanker recognized by the National Medical Commission?
- 24.2 Q: What courses are offered at Government Medical College Kanker?
- 24.3 Q: What is the duration of the MBBS course at Government Medical College Kanker?
- 24.4 Q: What is the student-faculty ratio at Government Medical College Kanker?
- 24.5 Q: What are the research activities of the faculty members at Government Medical College Kanker?
- 24.6 Q: What is the infrastructure of Government Medical College Kanker like?
- 24.7 Q: What is the selection process for admission to the MBBS course at Government Medical College Kanker?
- 24.8 Q: Does Government Medical College Kanker have hostel facilities for students?
- 24.9 Q: What are the career prospects for MBBS graduates from Government Medical College Kanker?
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Kanker|
|Popular Name||GMC, Kanker|
|Year of Establishment||2021|
|Affiliated to||Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Raipur.|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Chhattisgarh|
|Contact||Address: Chhattisgarh, India,Pin code – 494334.|
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Government
Government Medical College Kanker provides a variety of facilities to support the college’s teaching and research activities. The following are some of the college’s facilities:
- Library: The college has a well-stocked library with books, journals, and other reading materials on medicine and healthcare. The library has a reading room as well as an online access point to various e-journals and databases.
- Laboratories: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, and other subjects have excellent laboratory facilities at the college. Labs are equipped with cutting-edge technology and equipment to aid in teaching and research..
- Sports Facilities: The college has cricket, football, basketball, volleyball, and badminton courts. The college encourages students to participate in sports for their physical and mental well-being.
- Medical Facilities: The college has an efficient medical facility operated by qualified medical professionals to provide medical care to students and staff.. In addition, the college has agreements with nearby hospitals to provide emergency medical services.
- Auditorium: The auditorium at the college has a seating capacity of 400 people. The auditorium hosts a variety of academic and cultural events.
- Computer Lab: The college has a computer lab with internet access and the necessary software to support students’ and faculty’s academic and research activities.
Government Medical College Kanker offers a variety of facilities to help students grow academically and personally. The college strives to provide a conducive learning environment for students and encourages them to participate in various extracurricular activities for their overall development.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff at Government Medical College Kanker are dedicated to providing quality education and support to students. Here are some facts about the college’s faculty and staff:
- Faculty: The college has an outstanding teaching staff that includes professors, associate professors, and assistant professors. The faculty members are highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields of study.
- Non-Teaching Staff: The college has 97 non-teaching staff members, including administrative, technical, and support staff. Non-teaching staff members help with academic and administrative tasks and ensure the college runs smoothly.
- Training and Development: The college provides regular training and development programmes to its faculty and staff in order to improve their skills and knowledge. The training programmes are designed to improve faculty and staff members’ teaching quality, research capabilities, and administrative skills.
- Research Activities: The college’s faculty members are engaged in various research activities and have published numerous research papers in prestigious national and international journals.
- Awards and Recognitions : Faculty Members of the college have received numerous awards and recognitions for their contributions to the field of medicine and healthcare.
The faculty and staff at Government Medical College Kanker are highly qualified and dedicated to providing quality education and support to students. The college fosters a positive learning environment and encourages the professional development of its faculty and staff.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Course||Fees (per annum)|
Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official CGDME counseling website: www.cgdme.admissions.nic.in.
- Complete the online registration/application form yourself. Do not use agents or third parties.
- Register only once; multiple registrations will result in disqualification.
Step 2: Fill Up the Registration form
- Candidates are required to fill the all personal and qualification details in the registration form very cautiously.
Step 2: Information Accuracy
- Verify that all information provided during registration is accurate and factual.
- CGDME will not entertain requests for changes after submission.
Step 3: No Editing of Information
- CGDME does not edit or modify any registration information under any circumstances.
- Data entered on the NTA portal will be used for counseling purposes.
Step 4: Confirm Eligibility and Fee Structure
- Confirm your eligibility and domicile status before registering.
- Verify the fee structure and any additional fees from colleges, especially private ones.
Step 5: Central Pool Seats
- CGDME does not handle Central Pool nomination seats.
- Candidates should be aware of this and seek information elsewhere if needed.
Step 7: Registration and Security Deposit Refund Fees
- Make the payment for the Registration and Security Deposit Refund Fees. Any security deposit will be refunded to the same account from which it was initially deposited.
Counselling Registration Fees
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website for Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023 (Click Here).
- Click on the “Counselling Registration” or a similar link.
Step 2: Online Registration
- Create an account or log in if you already have one.
- Fill in your personal details accurately, including your name, date of birth, contact information, NEET Roll Number, and other required information.
Step 3: Rounds for the counselling
Round 1: Seat Allotment with Free Exit Option
- All candidates can participate in Round 1.
- Choose your preferences for colleges and courses.
- After the seat allotment in Round 1, candidates have the option to exit without losing their security deposit.
Round 2: Fresh Choices and Forfeiture Rules
- Only candidates who wish to continue to Round 2 participate.
- You can select new preferences for colleges and courses in Round 2.
- Results of Round 2 will be published on the CGDME counseling website.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat in Round 2 (Government or Private medical colleges) and chooses not to take admission or resigns after admission, their security deposit will be forfeited. They will also be ineligible for further counseling rounds.
Mop-Up Round: Eligibility and Process
- All registered candidates who haven’t been allotted any seat after Round 2 are eligible.
- Candidates admitted in Government or Private Dental Colleges but still unallotted for Medical Colleges are eligible.
- Participate by filling fresh choices for the Mop-Up Round.
- The results of the Mop-Up Round will be published on the CGDME counseling website.
- Report to the allotted Medical/Dental College after the Mop-Up Round.
Final Stray Vacancy Round: Compliance with Supreme Court Judgment
- This round is for State contributed seats and is conducted in compliance with a Supreme Court judgment.
- A merit list containing ten times the number of available seats is sent to the respective colleges for scrutiny and admission.
- No fresh registrations occur in the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
Step 4: Merit List
- Wait for the authorities to release the merit list based on your NEET score and other criteria.Check the website for the publication date of the merit list.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Based on the merit list and your selected choices, you’ll be allotted seats in colleges.You can choose to accept the allotted seat or opt for a choice upgradation in subsequent rounds.
Step 6: Reporting to Allotted College
- If you accept the allotted seat, you’ll need to report to the respective college within the specified timeframe for admission.
- NEET admit card/ result
- Class 10 mark sheet/ birth certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Caste/ category certificate (if applicable)
- Chhattisgarh State Residential Certificate
- Chhattisgarh State Character Certificate
- Income Certificate(for OBC candidates)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Freedom Fighter Certificate issued by Collectorate (if applicable)
- Allotment Letter
- Aadhaar Card/Other Photo Identity Proof
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Nationality||Indian citizens and eligible NRI candidates.|
|Age Limit||Minimum age limit: 17 years as of December 31, 2023.|
|Educational Qualifications||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects.|
|NEET Qualification||Should have qualified in the NEET-UG 2023 examination and obtained the minimum required percentile/cutoff score as determined by the authorities.|
|Domicile Requirement||Candidates must be residents of Chhattisgarh or fulfill specific domicile requirements set by the state authorities.|
|Category Reservation||Reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC) should meet the relevant criteria and provide valid certificates during the counselling process.|
|Age Relaxation||Some relaxation in the upper age limit may be applicable for reserved categories|
|Medical Fitness||Candidates must meet the medical fitness standards as per the guidelines issued by the respective authorities.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Government Medical College, Kanker Cut-Off 2023
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-up round|
|GS-UR-FF & PH||PH- 490712||PH- 219||—||—||—||—|
Government Medical College, Kanker Cut-Off 2022 (MCC)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Government Medical College, Kanker
- Address: Chhattisgarh, India,Pin code – 494334.
- Website: https://gmckanker.in/
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Kanker|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is Government Medical College Kanker recognized by the National Medical Commission?
A: Yes, Government Medical College Kanker is recognized by theNational Medical Commissio and is also affiliated with Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Sciences and Ayush University, Raipur.
Q: What courses are offered at Government Medical College Kanker?
A: The college offers undergraduate courses in medicine (MBBS).
Q: What is the duration of the MBBS course at Government Medical College Kanker?
A The duration of the MBBS course at Government Medical College Kanker is five and a half years, including a one-year compulsory internship.
Q: What is the student-faculty ratio at Government Medical College Kanker?
A: The student-faculty ratio at Government Medical College Kanker is 10:1, which ensures personalized attention and support to each student.
Q: What are the research activities of the faculty members at Government Medical College Kanker?
A: The faculty members of the college are actively involved in various research activities and have published numerous research papers in reputed national and international journals.
Q: What is the infrastructure of Government Medical College Kanker like?
A: The college has a modern infrastructure with well-equipped laboratories, classrooms, and libraries. The campus also has a hospital and hostel facilities for students.
Q: What is the selection process for admission to the MBBS course at Government Medical College Kanker?
A: Admission to the MBBS course at Government Medical College Kanker is based on the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Q: Does Government Medical College Kanker have hostel facilities for students?
A: Yes, the college has separate hostel facilities for male and female students. The hostels are equipped with modern amenities and provide a comfortable living environment for the students.
Q: What are the career prospects for MBBS graduates from Government Medical College Kanker?
A: MBBS graduates from Government Medical College Kanker can pursue various career options such as medical practice, government jobs, research, and higher studies.