MDS in Public Health Dentistry is a three-year postgraduate program that focuses on the prevention and control of dental diseases, as well as the promotion of oral hygiene through community efforts. Public health dentistry is the science of preventing oral diseases through group dental care administering, applied dental research, and the elimination and management of dental diseases among community members. Admission to the MDS in Public Health Dentistry is determined by a number of entrance exams, including the NEET Exam administered by the NTA (National Testing Agency).
The results of the NEET exam, administered by the National Testing Agency, are used to determine admission to various government and dental colleges for the BDS program. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) oversees and conducts Postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats through the AIQ quota, and the remaining 50% of seats are counseled by the appropriate state counseling agencies.
Why should you pursue a career as an MDS in Public Health Dentistry?
- One of the major sources of applicants for jobs in the public and private sectors is MDS Public Health Dentistry.
- Many colleges and universities seek to hire professors and lecturers with a Master’s degree. Consequently, the person can pursue a career as an academic teacher.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of dental sciences and oral health through MDS Public Health Dentistry also helps to increase employment opportunities in a variety of fields, such as the military, hospital administration, academic teaching, etc.
- An individual who wishes to pursue their education further may enroll in a Ph.D. program with a focus in dentistry with the goal of becoming a researcher.
- 1 Course Highlights
- 2 MDS in Public Health Dentistry Syllabus
- 3 MDS in Public Health Dentistry Courses Entrance Exams
- 4 MDS in Public Health Dentistry Fees Structure
- 5 MDS in Public Health Dentistry Courses Average Salary Range
- 6 MDS in Public Health Dentistry Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- 7 Courses Eligibility Criteria
- 8 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 9 MDS College Predictor
- 10 MDS Admission Consultant
- 11 Documents Required
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions
- 12.1 Q. What is MDS in Public Health Dentistry?
- 12.2 Q: What is the function of a public health dentist?
- 12.3 Q. What is the difference between public health dentistry and clinical dentistry?
- 12.4 Q. What are the options after MDS in Public Health Dentistry?
- 12.5 Q. Is public health dentistry a good career?
- 12.6 Q. What is the duration of MDS Public Health Dentistry course?
|Name of Course||MDS in Public Health Dentistry|
|Eligibility||Bachelor of Dental Surgery|
|Admission||Admission to MDS in Public Health Dentistry can only be done on the basis of NEET MDS Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Dental Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET MDS Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 1,00,000/- To Rs. 20,00,000/- per Annum|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Job Profile||Public Health Manager, Dental Surgeon, Dental Assistant, and Oral Pathologist, and Dental Ceramist, etc.|
MDS in Public Health Dentistry Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|First Year||Applied anatomy|
|Oral Biology and Genetics|
|Second Year||Applied basic science|
|Etiopathogenesis periodontal diseases|
|Recent activities in periodontics|
|Third Year||Allied clinical sciences|
|Complete denture prosthesis|
|Partial denture prosthesis|
|Fixed partial prosthesis|
|Evaluation of quality and dental care|
MDS in Public Health Dentistry Courses Entrance Exams
|MDS in Public Health Dentistry||NEET MDS Exam|
MDS in Public Health Dentistry Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MDS in Public Health Dentistry||Rs. 1,00,000/- To Rs. 20,00,000/- per Annum|
Above is an approximate range of MDS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MDS course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MDS in Public Health Dentistry Courses Average Salary Range
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|Public Health Manager||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Dental Surgeon||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 5,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Dental Assistant||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 3,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Oral Pathologist||Rs. 8,00,000/- To Rs. 12,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Dental Ceramist||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 5,00,000/- Per Annum|
|General Practioner||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MDS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the dental field.
MDS in Public Health Dentistry Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- MDS Public Health Dentistry is a significant source of candidates for jobs in the public and private sectors.
- Employing professors and lecturers with a Master’s degree is a common practice in colleges and universities. As a result, they are able to pursue a career as academic teachers.
- The MDS Public Health Dentistry program helps students gain a thorough understanding of dental sciences and oral health, which helps them find work in a variety of professions like the military, hospital administration, academic teaching, etc.
- In order to become a researcher, a person who wants to further their education can enrol in a Ph.D. program with a focus on dentistry.
Courses Eligibility Criteria
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed BDS or equivalent undergraduate dental courses.|
|Registration||A candidate should have a provisional or permanent registration certificate from DCI or the State Dental Council (SDC).|
|Internship||Candidate must complete 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MDS College Predictor
The MDS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the dental colleges of their choice. The MDS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their dental studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MDS Admission Consultant
MDS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred dental colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
- BDS pass certificate and completion certificate
- NEET PG 2023 admit card
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard
- Final BDS part II mark sheet
- CRRI certificate
- Community certificate, if applicable
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by NDC
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is MDS in Public Health Dentistry?
A. The Master of Science in Public Health Dentistry program is a three-year postgraduate program that focuses on the prevention and control of dental diseases, as well as the promotion of oral hygiene through community efforts. The science of preventing oral diseases through group dental care administration applied dental research, and the elimination and management of dental diseases among community members is known as public health dentistry.
Q: What is the function of a public health dentist?
A. Plan population-based oral health programs. Choose interventions and strategies for the prevention, regulation, and advancement of oral health. measure, manage, and create resources for population oral health programs.
Q. What is the difference between public health dentistry and clinical dentistry?
A. An area of public health called dental public health is concerned with dental and oral health. Dental public health, in contrast to clinical practice, which operates at the individual level, is concerned with promoting the oral health of the populace by concentrating action at the community level.
Q. What are the options after MDS in Public Health Dentistry?
A. After completing the MDS in Public Health Dentistry, candidates have the option of becoming a private practitioner and starting their own dental practice. In the public and private sectors, one can also work as a dental surgeon, public health manager, etc.
Q. Is public health dentistry a good career?
A. The MDS in Public Health Dentistry is regarded as a viable option after receiving a BDS because it helps to create more jobs in a variety of fields, including the military, hospital administration, academic teaching, etc.
Q. What is the duration of MDS Public Health Dentistry course?
A. The Duration of MDS Public Health Dentistry is 3 year.