MDS Periodontology is a three-year postgraduate program that focuses on diseases that affect the tooth’s supporting and investing structures. Aside from theory, the program includes instruction in the processes and concepts of oral infection. Students can benefit from the program by gaining specialized knowledge in the science of teeth and gums. It’s a rewarding field where you can assist individuals in boosting their smiling faces as well as self-esteem. MDS graduates will have the opportunity to practice dentistry as well as conduct extensive research in their fields of study.
The NEET MDS Exam, which is administered by the NTA, is used to determine admission to the MDS Course (National Testing Agency) in various government and dental colleges. Admission to the MDS Course is determined by a candidate’s performance in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination. The Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates MDS counseling for 50% of MDS seats via AIQ quota, while the remaining 50% of MDS seats are handled by respective state counseling authorities.
Why should you pursue a career as an MDS in periodontology?
- The MDS in Periodontics program allows the candidate to study alongside qualified dentists in clinical practice. The degree enables the candidate to undertake research in the field of periodontics.
- MDS Periodontology allows you to combine clinical practice and research. However, apart from practicing dentistry, an MDS in this field can aid a student’s future career. It also provides the student with the expertise needed for carrying out surgical procedures on the gum tissue, teeth, as well as Alveolar bone.
- Periodontology MDS programs can lead to a variety of career opportunities. The program is intended for dentists who want to expand their knowledge and skills. Graduates may also pursue a doctorate in the field. This will increase the profession’s value and scope.
|Name of Course||MDS in Periodontology|
|Eligibility||Bachelor of Dental Surgery|
|Admission||Admission to MDS in Periodontology can only be done on the basis of NEET MDS Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Dental Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET MDS Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 30,00,000/- per Annum|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 15,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Job Profile||Consultant, Dental Assistant, Dental Hygienist, Dental Lab Technician/ Ceramist, Dental Surgeon etc|
MDS Periodontology Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-wise subjects|
|First Year||Semester 1|
|Applied Basic SciencesMinor Oral Surgery and TraumaMaxillofacial SurgeryRecent Advances in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Etiopathogenesis Of Periodontal DiseasesDiagnosis, Treatment, Preventive Periodontology and ImplantologyRecent Advances in PeriodonticsEndodontics|
|Second Year||Semester 3|
|Conservative Dentistry including Preventive dentistry and dental MaterialsRecent Advances in Conservative Dentistry|
|Oral Pathology, Oral Microbiology & Forensic OdontologyLaboratory And Histopathological Techniques|
|Third Year||Semester 5|
|Growth and Development, Basics in orthodontics, Diagnosis & RadiologyBio-Mechanics & Various Orthodontics Tissue Changes, Techniques & Treatment Planning|
|Recent Advances in OrthodonticsRecent Advances In Oral Pathology|
MDS Periodontology Courses Entrance Exams
|MDS Periodontology||NEET MDS Exam|
MDS Periodontology Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MDS Periodontology||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 30,00,000/- per Annum|
Above is an approximate range of MDS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MDS course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MDS Periodontology Courses Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Private Clinic Practitioner||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 3,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Government Sector Practitioner||Rs. 1,00,000/- To Rs. 5,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Researcher||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 4,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Dental Product Consultant||Rs. 8,00,000/- To Rs. 22,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Healthcare Panelist||Rs. 6,00,000/- To Rs. 15,50,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MDS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the dental field.
MDS Periodontology Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- Candidates will acquire conceptual, hands-on, and diagnostic knowledge of all mucous membrane lesions, involvement of the maxillofacial skeleton, diagnostic techniques, and the most recent imaging module data.
- The MDS graduates can work in dental hospitals and other hospitals to assist medical professionals in disease diagnosis. Additionally, they may work in radiological departments.
- After successfully completing the course, candidates are qualified to work in academic institutions, dental hospitals, dental clinics, the health ministry, military health services, etc. Dental surgeons, oral and maxillofacial radiologists, dental hygienists, oral pathologists, and other professionals are among their options. It is anticipated that the typical salary will range from Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 12,00,000
- The graduates have the option of going on to a doctoral program to further their education. The most popular research degree available to them is the Ph.D. in Oral Medicine and Radiology.
Courses Eligibility Criteria
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed BDS or equivalent undergraduate dental courses.|
|Registration||A candidate should have a provisional or permanent registration certificate from DCI or the State Dental Council (SDC).|
|Internship||Candidate must complete 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MDS College Predictor
The MDS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the dental colleges of their choice. The MDS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their dental studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MDS Admission Consultant
MDS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred dental colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What is MDS periodontology?
A. The three-year postgraduate course of study known as MDS Periodontology is dedicated to conditions that affect the structures that support and surround teeth. In addition to theory, the course covers instruction in the procedures and ideas of oral infection
Q. What is the periodontics MDS scope?
A. MDS Periodontics graduates can work as consultants, dental assistants, dental hygienists, dental lab Technician/ Ceramists, dental surgeons, and in other positions in the defense services, government and private dental institutions, healthcare panels, hospitals, Multi-Specialty clinics, polyclinics, and other settings.
Q. What is the average fee for MDS in periodontology?
A. The average fee for MDS Periodontology varies depending on the college. Furthermore, the fee structure of private and public colleges differs significantly. For the first year, students should budget between Rs. 3,00,000/- and Rs. 30,00,000/- per annum on average.
Q. Is periodontics a good profession?
A. A periodontist is qualified for many jobs in the government sector around the world, allowing for a comfortable and secure work environment.
Q. What is the duration of the MDS Periodontology course?
A. The duration of the MDS Periodontology course is 3 years.
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MDS Periodontology?
A. The various job profile offered by MDS Periodontology such as Private Clinic Practitioner, Government Sector Practitioner, Researcher, Dental Product Consultant, and Healthcare Panelist.