MDS in Prosthodontics is a three-year postgraduate that deals with both general and special areas of prosthodontics and prepares a candidate for teaching, research, and clinical abilities. Students will learn about the various methods and treatments used in this field of medicine. Candidates with this degree are prepared for careers as practitioners or advisory consultants. It is a program of choice that focuses on the restoration and maintenance of oral health, as well as the replacement of natural teeth and related tissues.
Admission to the MDS Course (National Testing Agency) in various government and dental colleges is based on a candidate’s performance in the NEET examination, which is administered by the National Testing Agency. MDS counseling is conducted and governed by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) for 50% of MDS seats through the AIQ quota, and for the remaining 50% of MDS seats, the relevant state counseling agencies are in charge.
Why should you pursue a career as an MDS Prosthodontics?
- A postgraduate program in prosthodontics and crown and bridge requires three years of coursework and clinical experience. Students will gain the abilities necessary to carry out a range of dental care procedures during this time. One of the few dental programs that can offer students a dual degree is the MDS. Another benefit of the program is that MDS graduates are better prepared to work as general dentists.
- MDS students receive specialized instruction in various facets of dental prosthetics while studying in a cutting-edge hospital. They are qualified to work in any setting after graduation, including private practices, clinics, and medical offices. The MDS curriculum places a strong emphasis on cutting-edge teaching techniques and research.
- Graduates of the program are qualified to work as lecturers and dental prosthodontists. Several graduates go on to earn their PhDs.
- Candidates must complete a two-year mandatory internship following completion of this program. They gain knowledge about the industry from a licensed prosthodontist during this internship and then put what they have learned into practice. The students’ potential earnings during a paid internship range from INR 20,000 to 40,000, and they rise with their level of training and experience.
|Name of Course||MDS Prosthodontics|
|Eligibility||Bachelor of Dental Surgery|
|Admission||Admission to MDS in Prosthodontics can only be done on the basis of NEET MDS Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Dental Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET MDS Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 80,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 19,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Job Profile||Dental Consultant, Dental Assistant, Private Practitioner, Dental Surgeon, etc|
MDS in Prosthodontics Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|First Year||Semester 1|
|Applied Basic SciencesMinor Oral Surgery and TraumaMaxillofacial SurgeryRecent Advances in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Etiopathogenesis Of Periodontal DiseasesDiagnosis, Treatment, Preventive Periodontology and ImplantologyRecent Advances in PeriodonticsEndodontics|
|Second Year||Semester 3|
|Conservative Dentistry including Preventive dentistry and dental MaterialsRecent Advances in Conservative Dentistry|
|Oral Pathology, Oral Microbiology & Forensic OdontologyLaboratory And Histopathological Techniques|
|Third Year||Semester 5|
|Growth and Development, Basics in orthodontics, Diagnosis & RadiologyBio-Mechanics & Various Orthodontics Tissue Changes, Techniques & Treatment Planning|
|Recent Advances in OrthodonticsRecent Advances In Oral Pathology|
MDS in Prosthodontics Courses Entrance Exams
|MDS in Prosthodontics||NEET MDS Exam|
MDS in Prosthodontics Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MDS in Prosthodontics||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 30,00,000/- per Annum|
Above is an approximate range of MDS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MDS course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MDS in Prosthodontics Courses Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Dental Consultant||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 4,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Dental Assistant||Rs. 1,00,000/- To Rs. 4,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Dental Surgeon||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs.10 ,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Private Practitioner||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Professor or Assistant Professor||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Oral Pathologist||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Dental Hygienist||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Forensic Odontologist||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 7,20,000/- Per Annum|
|Dental Lab Technician||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. ,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MDS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the dental field.
MDS in Prosthodontics Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- Three years of coursework and clinical experience are required for a postgraduate program in prosthodontics and crown and bridge. During this time, students will learn how to perform a variety of dental care procedures. The MDS is one of the few dental programs that can provide students with a dual degree. MDS graduates are also better prepared to work as general dentists, which is another advantage of the program.
- While studying in a cutting-edge hospital, MDS students receive specialized instruction in various aspects of dental prosthetics. After graduation, they are qualified to work in any setting, including private practices, clinics, and medical offices. The MDS curriculum emphasizes cutting-edge teaching techniques and research.
- The program prepares graduates to work as lecturers and dental prosthodontists. Several graduates pursue PhDs.
- After completing this program, candidates must complete a two-year mandatory internship. During this internship, they learn about the industry from a licensed prosthodontist and then apply what they’ve learned. During a paid internship, students’ potential earnings range from INR 20,000 to 40,000, and they rise with their level of training and experience.
Courses Eligibility Criteria
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed BDS or equivalent undergraduate dental courses.|
|Registration||A candidate should have a provisional or permanent registration certificate from DCI or the State Dental Council (SDC).|
|Internship||Candidate must complete 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MDS College Predictor
The MDS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the dental colleges of their choice. The MDS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their dental studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MDS Admission Consultant
MDS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred dental colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What is MDS in Prosthodontics course?
A. The Masters of Dental Sciences in Prosthodontics is a three-year program that focuses on dentistry that is concerned with the replacement or repair of teeth through the use of various apparatus and techniques such as dentures, implants, bridges, crowns, and veneers.
Q. What is the duration of MDS in prosthodontics?
A. The duration of MDS in Prosthodontics is 3 years.
Q. What is the salary of MDS prosthodontists in India?
A. An MDS Prosthodontist and Implantologist make an average annual salary of Rs. 5 in India, with salaries ranging from Rs.3,00,000/- to Rs. 12,00,000/-.
Q. What is the scope of prosthodontists?
A. A dentist who specializes in treating complex oral and dental issues, such as replacing missing or decayed teeth with dentures, is known as a prosthodontist. They have received specialized training in many areas, including dentures, jaw conditions, crowns, bridges, implants, and much more.
Q. What are some of the other best branches of MDS?
A. Public health dentistry, oral pathology, and microbiology, oral medicine and radiology, periodontology, conservative dentistry and endodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, etc. are some of the best subspecialties.
Q. Is Neet compulsory for the MDS Prosthodontics course?
A. Yes, the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Examination, also known as NEET, is held once a year for MDS programs and is the only accepted entrance exam for enrollment in MDS programs nationwide.