MD Infectious Diseases is a three-year post-graduate medical course of study designed to provide candidates with extensive training in Infectious disease. Infectious disease consultants work in groups and handle referrals from other departments. They also see in-patients and out-patients on a regular basis. HIV and tuberculosis, tropical diseases, and hospital-acquired infections are all critical areas of infectious disease. In addition to infectious disease treatment, the consultants are trained in emergency care and other aspects of hospital-acquired infections. Students who want to pursue an MD in Infectious Diseases must first obtain an MBBS. After that, they will be able to apply for this course.
The performance of the candidate in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination determines admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD course. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates postgraduate counseling for 50% of available seats through the AIQ quota, with the remaining 50% handled by state counseling authorities.
MD in Infectious Diseases Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in Infectious Diseases|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- and Rs. 18,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Residents Doctor, Junior Consultants, Resident physicians, consultants, visiting consultants, Infectious Diseases specialist|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Infectious Diseases?
- Infectious disease is a fantastic field to enter after receiving a doctorate. After completion of 3 years of academic years for a period of 12 months, fellows will be given a full-time clinical appointment, with at least half of that time dedicated to core clinical rotations. As they advance, they will also get more clinical experience in their respective specialties and be able to pursue their clinical interests.
- The importance of infectious diseases to the health care system will determine the future reach of MD Infectious Diseases. Doctors with this specialty will be in high demand. Let’s look at what this sector will look like in the future. Here are some details to think about.
- Candidates will be able to specialize in specific areas of interest through the course. Within the fellowship program, there are two main service tracks: general infectious diseases clinic and transplant/orthopedic infectious disease service.
- The Department of Infectious Diseases places a strong emphasis on thorough training for its applicants. Both outpatient visits and consultations from other departments are handled by the department. Additionally, it addresses public health infections like HIV, tuberculosis, and tropical diseases.
MD Infectious Diseases Syllabus
|Sr. No.||Subject to study|
|1||Syndromic Approach To Infectious Diseases|
|2||Etiological Agents Of Infectious Diseases|
|4||Infectious Disease Epidemiology|
|5||Pleuro- Pulmonary And Bronchial Infections|
|8||Syndromic Approach to STIs|
|9||Influenza and Parainfluenza|
MD Infectious Diseases Courses Entrance Exams
|MD Infectious Diseases||NEET PG Exam|
MD Infectious Diseases Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD Infectious Diseases||Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 20,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD Infectious Diseases Average Salary Range
|MD Infectious Diseases||Rs. 2,00,000/- and Rs. 18,00,000/-|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD Infectious Diseases Scope & Career Opportunities
- After earning a doctorate, infectious disease is a fantastic field to work in. Fellows will receive a full-time clinical appointment with at least half of that time devoted to core clinical rotations after finishing three academic years for a period of 12 months. They will gain more clinical expertise in their respective specialties and have more freedom to pursue their clinical interests as they advance in their careers.
- The future scope of MD Infectious Diseases will depend on how important infectious diseases are to the healthcare system. The demand for doctors with this specialty will be high. Let’s take a look at the future of this industry. Here are some specifics to consider.
- Through the course, candidates will be able to focus on particular areas of interest. The general infectious diseases clinic and the transplant/orthopedic infectious disease service are the two main service tracks within the fellowship program.
- The Department of Infectious Diseases places a high priority on candidates receiving comprehensive training. The department manages both outpatient visits and consultations from other departments. In addition, it addresses tropical diseases, HIV, and tuberculosis as public health infections.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD infectious disease Course?
A. A three-year post-graduate medical program called MD Infectious Diseases is intended to give applicants in-depth training in infectious disease.
Q. What is the duration of the MD infectious diseases?
A. The duration of MD infectious diseases is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in infectious diseases?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Infectious Diseases is Between Rs. 20,00,000/- and Rs. 18,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Diseases?
A. A. The average fees range for MD Infectious Diseases is between Rs. 2,00,000/- and Rs. 20,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD Infectious Diseases?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD Infectious Diseases are residents’ doctors, junior Consultants, Resident physicians, consultants, visiting consultants, and Infectious disease specialists.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.