MD in Pulmonary Medicine is a medical science degree that focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the respiratory system as well as related issues. During the program, applicants learn about medical procedures and therapies such as bronchodilators, inhalers, and so on. The course is useful for training pulmonary physicians, physician-scientists, and pre- and post-doctoral basic scientists in respiratory system physiology, cell biology, and molecular biology. The MD in Pulmonary Medicine program prepares outstanding specialists for careers in academic medicine that are tailored to the diverse interests of trainees.
The National Testing Agency’s (NTA) NEET exam results are used to determine a candidate’s eligibility for admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD program. According to the AIQ quota, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) is in charge of and manages postgraduate counseling for 50% of the seats, while state counseling organizations are in charge of counseling for the remaining 50%.
- 1 MD in Pulmonary medicine Highlights
- 2 MD in Pulmonary medicine Syllabus
- 3 MD in Pulmonary medicine Entrance Exams
- 4 MD in Pulmonary medicine Fees Structure
- 5 MD in Pulmonary Medicine Average Salary Range
- 6 MD Courses Eligibility
- 7 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 8 MD in Pulmonary medicine Scope & Career Opportunities
- 9 MD College Predictor
- 10 MD Admission Consultant
- 11 Frequently Asked question
- 11.1 Q. What is an MD in Pulmonary Medicine Course?
- 11.2 Q. What is the duration of the MD in Pulmonary medicine?
- 11.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Pulmonary medicine?
- 11.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Pulmonary medicine?
- 11.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by an MD in Pulmonary medicine?
- 11.6 Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
MD in Pulmonary medicine Highlights
|Name of Course
|MD in Pulmonary medicine
|Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score
|National Medical Commission
|NEET PG Exam
|Average Fees Range
|Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 8,00,000/-
|Average Salary Range
|Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 14,00,000/-
|Respiratory Therapist, Pulmonary Function Technologist, Neonatal-Pediatric Specialist, Medical & Health Services Manager, and such.
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Pulmonary Medicine?
- MD in Respiratory Medicine will assist you in the treatment and diagnosis of lung and respiratory illnesses. The larynx, lungs, and diaphragm are examples of these body parts. Respiratory problems account for one-third of all hospital admissions. You will evaluate patients with symptoms or abnormal chest X-rays during outpatient clinics. You will be a practicing physician in the field after graduation.
- The MD in Pulmonary Medicine program prepares students to provide excellent clinical care while also applying basic, clinical, and translational research discoveries to better understand the pathogenesis of lung diseases and improve treatment. The program provides the highest quality training in clinical pulmonary and critical care medicine, as well as experience in clinical and basic science research fundamentals.
- MD in Pulmonary Medicine candidates can pursue careers in both the public and private sectors. They can work as doctors in hospitals or as lecturers in medical schools. Those who want to do heart-related research can do so as well and become Pulmonary Medicine scientists.
MD in Pulmonary medicine Syllabus
|Subject to study
|Development of respiratory tract
|Transport of blood gases Diffusion, Diffusion capacity
|Assessment of lung function
|Interstitial lung disease including drug-induced/ Radiation-induced lung disease
|Environmental lung disease including indoor/outdoor air pollution, high attitude/ diving injuries
|Pulmonary vascular disorders including pulmonary emboli, vasculitis syndromes, pulmonary hypertension, cor pulmonale
|Surgical aspects of pulmonary medicine including lung transplantation
|Immunology as applied to lung
|Social & Preventive Medicine
MD in Pulmonary medicine Entrance Exams
|MD in Pulmonary medicine
|NEET PG Exam
MD in Pulmonary medicine Fees Structure
|MD in Pulmonary medicine
|Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MD course fees in government colleges.
MD in Pulmonary Medicine Average Salary Range
|Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 14,00,000 Per Annum
|Rs. 10,00,000/- To Rs. 18,00,000/- Per Annum
|Rs. 6,00,000/- To Rs. 9,00,000/- Per Annum
|Junior Research Scientist
|Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 12,00,000/- Per Annum
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test
|Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.
|Candidate must complete a 1-year internship
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Cut off percentile
MD in Pulmonary medicine Scope & Career Opportunities
- You will receive help in the treatment and diagnosis of lung and respiratory illnesses from an MD in Respiratory Medicine. These body parts include the diaphragm, lungs, and larynx. One-third of all hospital admissions are due to respiratory issues. During outpatient clinics, you will assess patients who have symptoms or abnormal chest X-rays. After graduation, you will be a licensed physician working in the area.
- The MD in Pulmonary Medicine program equips students with the skills necessary to deliver excellent clinical care as well as to apply recent advances in basic, clinical, and translational research to better understand the pathogenesis of lung diseases and advance patient care. The program offers the best instruction in clinical pulmonary and critical care medicine, as well as training in the fundamentals of clinical and basic science research.
- Candidates for the MD degree in pulmonary medicine may choose to work in both the public and private sectors. They have the option of working as hospital doctors or medical school lecturers. Researchers in pulmonary medicine who are interested in conducting work on the heart are welcome to apply.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD in Pulmonary Medicine Course?
A. MD in Pulmonary Medicine is a medical science degree that focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the respiratory system as well as related issues. During the program, applicants learn about medical procedures and therapies such as bronchodilators, inhalers, and so on.
Q. What is the duration of the MD in Pulmonary medicine?
A. The duration of MD in Pulmonary medicine is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Pulmonary medicine?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Pulmonary Medicine is between Rs. 20,00,000/- and Rs. 18,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Pulmonary medicine?
A. A. The average fees range for MD in Pulmonary medicine is between Rs. 2,00,000/- and Rs. 20,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by an MD in Pulmonary medicine?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in Pulmonary medicine are Dietician, MD Medical Consultant, Orthopedic, Neuropathy Doctor, Dietician, Gym Instructor, Management Trainee, Medical Doctor etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.