MS in Anaesthesia is a three-year postgraduate program. The program includes courses in ambulatory anesthesia, cardiothoracic anesthesiology, pediatric anesthesiology, neuroanesthesia, obstetrical anesthesiology, and pain management. Anesthesiologists are medical professionals who manage and administer anesthesia before a surgical procedure. They are only required to stay in the hospital for a short period of time during the procedure. Students who want to pursue an MS in anatomy must first complete their MBBS. They can then enroll in such a course.
Admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MS program is based on the candidate’s performance on the NEET exam administered by the National Testing Agency. The Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) oversees and regulates postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats through the AIQ quota, and state counseling agencies handle counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MS in Anaesthesia Highlights
- 2 Why should you pursue a career as an MS in Anesthesiology?
- 3 MS in Anesthesiology Syllabus
- 4 MS in Anaesthesia Entrance Exams
- 5 MS in Anaesthesia Fees Structure
- 6 MS in Anaesthesia Courses Average Salary Range
- 7 MS Courses Eligibility
- 8 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 9 MS in Anaesthesia Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- 10 MS College Predictor
- 11 MS Admission Consultant
- 12 Frequently Asked question
- 12.1 Q. What is an MS in Anaesthesia?
- 12.2 Q. What is the duration of the MS in Anaesthesia?
- 12.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS in Anaesthesia?
- 12.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MS in Anaesthesia?
- 12.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MS in Anaesthesia?
- 12.6 Q. Can I go for MS without an MBBS?
MS in Anaesthesia Highlights
|Name of Course||MS in Anaesthesia|
|Admission||Admission to MS course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 3,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 25,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Associate Consultant, Cardiac anesthesia, Anesthesiologist, Anesthesia Technician (AT), Anesthesiologist Assistant (AAs)|
Why should you pursue a career as an MS in Anesthesiology?
- After earning an MS in anesthesia, a number of career options are open to you. One of the top medical specialties, anesthesiologists practice in both public and private medical facilities. Along with having attention to detail and dexterity, they must be capable of effective leadership and communication.
- Technology advancements have benefited the healthcare industry. With the use of computerized systems, anesthesiologists can now find precise resources and document their protocols and guidelines. Online training software enables anesthesiologists to train independently while relaxing in their homes and focusing on their work.
- MS anesthesiologists work in both private and public hospitals, healthcare facilities, and clinics. They are qualified to work as a cardiac anesthesiologist, associate consultant, anesthesiologist, anesthesia technician (AT), or an assistant anesthesiologist (AA)
- In addition to a consistent salary, anesthesiologists can benefit from a number of things. The benefits offered to anesthesiologists vary depending on the employer, but most have excellent medical insurance and paid time off.
MS in Anesthesiology Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MS First Year||AnatomyPrinciples of physics and use of equipment in anesthesiaPhysiologyPharmacologyBiochemistryDocumentation and medico-legal aspects of anesthesia.Cardiopulmonary ResuscitationNeonatal resuscitationIntroduction to Research methodology, Random clinical trials, etc., and basics of biostatistics.Preoperative assessments and medication – general principalsintroduction to anatomical physiological, pharmacological, and biochemical aspects of pain and pain managementIntroduction to artificial ventilation.Oxygen therapyIntroduction to the operation theatre, concepts of PACU and ICU. Recovery from anesthesia.Shock – pathophysiology, clinical diagnosis and management.Pulmonary function tests – principles and applications.Specialty AnesthesiaPrinciples of pediatric anesthesia, management of neonatal surgical emergencies, RA in infants.Basics of orthopedic anesthesia.Day care anesthesia.Rural anesthesia – anesthesia for camp surgery.Anesthesia outside the OR and in special situationPrinciple of management in Trauma, disorders and mass casualties|
|MS Second Year||Relevant anatomy of each systemPhysics of equipment used in anesthesiaSterilization of equipmentComputers, Utility, computer assisted leaning and data storage. Computerized anesthesia records.Pharmacology of drugs used in cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, renal diseases and CNS disorders.Acid-base and electrolyte balanceInterpretation of blood gases and other relevant biochemical valuesvarious function tests and basics of measurement techniques, ECGPediatrics — Prematurity, Physiology, anatomy of neonate vs. adult.Principles of monitoring equipment used for assessmentWorking principles of ventilators.Special anesthetic techniques as relevant to outpatient anesthesia, hypotensive anesthesia, anesthesia in abnormal environments, and calamitous situations.Anesthetic management in special situations – Emergency, ENT, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics, Obstetric analgesia. Plastic, Dental.Radio-diagnosis and Radiotherapeutic procedures and patients with systemic diseases.Medical statistics relevant to data collection, analysis, comparison, and estimation of significance.Journal clubs.|
|MS Third Year||Anesthesia for patients with severe cardiac, respiratory, renal, and hepatobiliary disorders posted for unrelated surgerySpecialty AnesthesiaPrinciples of anesthetic management of neuro/cardiac/thoracic/ vascular/Transplantation/burn and plastic surgery.Principles of one lung anesthesia.Principles of neonatal ventilation and critical carePrinciples of human resources and material management.General principles of medical audit|
MS in Anaesthesia Entrance Exams
|MS in Anaesthesia||NEET PG Exam|
MS in Anaesthesia Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MS in Anaesthesia||Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 3,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MS course fees in private colleges and MS course fees in government colleges.
MS in Anaesthesia Courses Average Salary Range
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|Associate Consultant||Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
|Cardiac anesthesia||Rs. 6,00,000/- to Rs. 18,00,000/-|
|Anesthesiologist||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 11,00,000/-|
|Anesthesia Technician (AT)||Rs. 3,80,000/- to Rs. 7,00,000/-|
|Anesthesiologist Assistant (AAs)||Rs. 5,00,000/- to Rs. 10,00,000/-|
Graduating from the MS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the Medical field.
MS Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MS. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MS in Anaesthesia Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- Individuals have a variety of career options available to them after earning an MS in anesthesia. Anesthesiologists, one of the top medical specialties, work in both public and private healthcare facilities. They must be capable of effective leadership and communication in addition to having attention to detail and dexterity.
- The healthcare sector has benefited from technological advancements. Anesthesiologists can now find precise resources and record their protocols and guidelines thanks to computerized systems. Anesthesiologists can train independently, unwind in their homes, and concentrate on their jobs thanks to online training software.
- MS anesthesiologists practice in both public and private hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings. They are qualified to work as an assistant anesthesiologist, cardiac anesthesiologist, associate consultant, anesthesiologist, or anesthesia technician (AT) (AA)
MS College Predictor
The MS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MS Admission Consultant
MS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MS in Anaesthesia?
A. The Master of Science in Anaesthesia is a three-year postgraduate program. Ambulatory anesthesia, cardiothoracic anesthesiology, pediatric anesthesiology, neuroanesthesia, obstetrical anesthesiology, and pain management are among the courses offered in the program.
Q. What is the duration of the MS in Anaesthesia?
A. The duration of an MS in Anaesthesia is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS in Anaesthesia?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MS in Anaesthesia is Between Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 25,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MS in Anaesthesia?
A. The average fee range for MS in Anaesthesia is between Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 3,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MS in Anaesthesia?
A. Various jobs are offered by the MS in Anaesthesia Associate Consultant, Cardiac anesthesia, Anesthesiologist, Anesthesia Technician (AT), and Anesthesiologist Assistant (AAs)
Q. Can I go for MS without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MS course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.