MS in Anatomy is a postgraduate medical degree in general surgery requiring surgical competence and skills. The program is typically divided into didactic and clinical components. The structural organization of animals and plants is studied in anatomy. Phytology, also known as Plant Anatomy, studies the interior structure of plants, whereas Zootomy, also known as Animal Anatomy, studies the morphology of the human body. The study of animals and the adult human body is part of the course. Microanatomy, which studies microscopic anatomical structures, includes fields such as cytology, histology, and embryology. Students interested in pursuing an MS in Anatomy must first obtain an MBBS degree. They will then be able to apply for this course.
The performance of the candidate in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination determines admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MS course. Postgraduate counseling is conducted and regulated by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
MS in Anatomy Highlights
|Name of Course||MS in Anatomy|
|Admission||Admission to MS course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 9,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 23,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Associate Professor Anatomy, Medical Coder, Medical Scientist, Research Assistant, Medical Technician, Cardiologist|
Why should you pursue a career in MS in Anatomy?
- An MS in Anatomy provides a solid foundation for a career in medicine. This two-year program trains candidate for a range of positions in hospitals, private practices, research labs, and other medical settings. Additionally, graduates are well-prepared for employment in colleges, universities, and scientific institutions.
- The career options for MS Anatomy are quite diverse. The demand and specializations affect MS in Anatomy careers. MS Anatomy graduates can use their general education to find employment in the public, private, as well as charitable organization sectors.
- Anatomy provides a solid, organized foundation for instructing students in a field of study related to health. A career in physiology could be the beginning of one in many healthcare professions, including optometry, chiropractic, and medicine, among others. Anatomy and physiology graduate students can choose to work as instructors in colleges and universities.
- Graduates may find employment in Biomedical Research Laboratories (Colleges/Universities), Government Research Institutes, Industrial Biotechnology Companies, Applied Arts & Science Institutions, Hospitals, Private Clinics, Defense Services, and other settings.
MS in Anatomy Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MS First Year||Semester 1|
|History of AnatomyGeneral AnatomyElements of AnatomyGross Human AnatomyPrinciples of Physical AnthropologyMuseum techniques, embalming techniques including Medicolegal aspects, and knowledge of Anatomy ActMedical EthicsRecent Advances in Anatomy|
|Cross-Sectional AnatomyApplied AnatomyPrinciples of Microscopy and Histological TechniquesGeneral and Systematic HistologyPractical ScheduleCollection of tissues, fixing, block making, section cutting; use of different types of microtomes and preparation of general and systemic slidesHematoxylin & EosinPreparation of Stains|
|MS Second Year||Semester 3|
|General and Systemic Embryology Including Growth, Development and TeratologyNeuroanatomySurface AnatomyStaining TechniquesKnowledge of Special staining techniques like Silver Nitrate, PAS staining, Osmium tetroxide, Van Gieson etcEmbryo (chick embryo) mounting and serial sections of Embryo- should be taken, stained with Hematoxylin & Eosin|
|Radiological Anatomy including Principles of newer techniquesInterpretation of CT Scan, Sonography and MRIHuman GeneticsKnowledge of Light Microscope and Electron MicroscopeDetailed Microscopic Study of All The Tissues (General and Systemic Slides)Comparative Anatomy|
MS in Anatomy Entrance Exams
|MS in Anatomy||NEET PG Exam|
MS in Anatomy Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MS in Anatomy||Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 9,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MS course fees in private colleges and MS course fees in government colleges.
MS in Anatomy Courses Average Salary Range
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|Associate Professor Anatomy||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 8,00,000/-|
|Medical Scientist||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 6,00,000/-|
|Research Assistant||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 7,00,000/-|
|Anatomy and Physiology Instructor||Rs. 3,80,000/- to Rs. 8,00,000/-|
|Medical Consultant||Rs. 5,00,000/- to Rs. 10,00,000/-|
|Clinical Associate||Rs.3,00,000/- to Rs.6,50,000/-|
Graduating from the MS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the Medical field.
MS in Anatomy Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- An MS in Anatomy provides a solid foundation for a medical career. This two-year program prepares students for jobs in hospitals, private practices, research labs, and other medical settings. Graduates are also well-prepared for jobs in colleges, universities, and scientific institutions.
- MS Anatomy students have a wide range of career options. MS in Anatomy is influenced by demand and specializations. MS Anatomy graduates can use their general education to find work in the public, private, and charitable sectors.
- Graduates may work in defense services, hospitals, private clinics, industrial biotechnology companies, biomedical research laboratories (colleges/universities), government research institutes, and other places.
- Anatomy provides a solid, organized foundation for instructing students in a health-related field of study. A career in physiology could lead to a career in a variety of healthcare fields, including optometry, chiropractic, and medicine, among others. Physiology and anatomy
MS Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MS. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MS College Predictor
The MS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the Medical colleges of their choice. The MS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MS Admission Consultant
MS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MS in Anatomy?
A. MS in Anatomy is a postgraduate medical degree in general surgery that requires surgical competence and skills. Typically, the program is divided into instructional and clinical components. Anatomy is the study of the structural organization of animals and plants. Phytology, also recognized as “plant anatomy, is the study of the internal structure of plants, whereas zootomy, also known as “animal anatomy, is the study of the human body’s morphology.
Q. What is the duration of the MS in Anatomy?
A. The duration of an MS in Anatomy is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS in Anatomy?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MS in Anatomy is Between Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 23,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MS in Anatomy?
A. The average fee range for MS in Anatomy is between Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 9,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MS in Anatomy?
A. Various jobs offered by the MS in Anatomy are Associate Professor Anatomy, Medical Coder, Medical Scientist, Research Assistant, Medical Technician, and Cardiologist
Q. Can I go for MS without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MS course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.