MD in Emergency Medicine is a postgraduate course that deals with medical processes and situations, such as advanced airway management and trauma resuscitation. An MD in this field typically requires two to three years to complete. It is a great option for future doctors and healthcare workers who want to practice emergency medicine. This specialization was recently acknowledged by MCI, making it the highest-paid specialty in the nation. An MBBS degree is a prerequisite for students who want to pursue an MD in Emergency Medicine. Once they are qualified, they can apply for this course.
Admission to various public and private medical colleges for the MD program is based on the candidate’s performance on the NEET exam administered by the National Testing Agency. Through the AIQ quota, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) manages and conducts postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats, and the remaining 50% of seats are counseled by the appropriate state counseling organizations.
MD in Emergency Medicine Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in Emergency Medicine|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 3,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 10,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||biotechnologists, Artificial intelligence designer, Medical technology developer, geneticists|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Emergency Medicine?
- The Future of Medicine Uncertainty surrounds emergency medicine. The delivery of emergency care has shifted from hospitals to urgent care facilities, as the COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated. Doctors are offering these services more frequently now thanks to telehealth and other cutting-edge technologies.
- The program’s graduates will be equipped to handle a range of medical emergencies. The profession demands the capacity to manage urgent situations and offer patients immediate care. They can specialize in particular fields, such as neurology or trauma care, depending on their training.
- Even though there is fierce competition for jobs, many emergency physicians change positions within the first three years of their careers. While changing careers in emergency medicine is common, moving from community practice to academia is more frequent.
MD in Emergency Medicine
|2||Orthopedic & wound care|
|12||Radiology & Ultrasound|
MD in Emergency Medicine Entrance Exams
|MD in Emergency Medicine||NEET PG Exam|
MD in Emergency Medicine Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD in Emergency Medicine||Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees have been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD in Emergency Medicine Average Salary Range
|MD in Emergency Medicine||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000 Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD in Emergency Medicine Scope & Career Opportunities
- Future Medical Practice Emergency medicine is shrouded in uncertainty. The COVID-19 pandemic has shown that urgent care centers are now providing emergency care in place of hospitals. These services are now more frequently provided by doctors as a result of telehealth and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Graduates of the program will be prepared to handle a variety of medical emergencies. The profession necessitates the ability to handle pressing situations and provide patients with prompt care. Depending on their training, they may choose to specialize in a particular area, such as neurology or trauma care.
- Many emergency physicians change positions within the first three years of their careers, despite the intense competition for jobs. While switching between community practice and academia is common in emergency medicine, it happens more frequently.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD in Emergency Medicine course?
A. MD in Emergency Medicine is a postgraduate course that deals with medical processes and situations, such as advanced airway management and trauma resuscitation. An MD in this field typically requires two to three years to complete
Q. What is the duration of the MD in Emergency Medicine?
A. The duration of an MD in emergency medicine is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Emergency medicine?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Emergency medicine is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Emergency Medicine?
A. The average fees range for MD in Emergency medicine is between Rs. 10,00,000/- to Rs. 25,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD in Emergency medicine?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in Emergency medicine are Emergency Physician and general practitioner.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.