MD Family Medicine is a postgraduate degree program. Family medicine is a therapeutic claim to fame given to comprehensive national welfare for people as a whole. It is a division of essential considerations that provides continuing and extensive social insurance for individuals and families of all ages, sexes, illnesses, and body parts. The family medicine course has different levels that must be completed in order to become a physician. Students who want to pursue an MD in Family Medicine must first acquire an MBBS degree. After that will they be eligible to apply for this course.
The performance of the candidate in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination determines admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD course. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates Postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while respective state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
MD in Family Medicine Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in Family Medicine|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 3,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Teacher/ Lecturer, General Physician, Physiologist, Casualty Medical Officer, Consultant, etc.|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Family Medicine?
- The MD Family Medicine course will prepare students to conduct research in the field of medicine and to pursue a career as a physician in this field. This course is ideal for students who want to help people in need while also learning how to manage complex diseases.
- As the number of patients grows and there is a shortage of qualified doctors, there is also a need for more qualified doctors in the medical field. There are currently fewer people who choose to enroll in medical-related courses than there were millions of students who did so earlier. There is a severe shortage of medical professionals. As a result, more and more students ought to choose to enroll in medical programs like family medicine and work in the nation’s hospitals.
- In India and abroad, an MD with a focus on family medicine is in high demand and has a variety of doctorates to choose from. Some MD’s with a focus on family medicine can enter the medical and healthcare industries and work in new technology, management, technical consulting, etc., and also can work as Physician, Casualty Medical Officers, Professors, Lecturer, and many more career opportunities are available for the graduates from the course.
MD Family Medicine Syllabus
|Sr. No.||Subject to study|
|4||Dermatology and STD|
|7||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|14||Professional Duties and Ethics|
|15||Medicolegal Problems and Responsibilities|
MD Family Medicine Courses Entrance Exams
|MD Family Medicine||NEET PG Exam|
MD Family Medicine Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD Family Medicine||Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MD course fees in government colleges.
MD Family Medicine Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|General practitioner||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 5,00,000 Per Annum|
|Lecturer||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Physiologist||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Medical Examiner/ Forensic Pathologist||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Casualty Medical officer||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD Family Medicine Scope & Career Opportunities
- An MD with a focus on family medicine is in high demand both domestically and internationally, and there are numerous doctoral options available. Family medicine-focused MDs can work in new technology, management, technical consulting, and other fields. Graduates of the program also have access to many other career opportunities, including those as doctors, casualty medical officers, professors, and lecturers.
- More qualified doctors are required in the medical field as patient populations increase and there is a dearth of qualified medical professionals. Compared to years ago, when millions of students chose to do so, fewer people now choose to enroll in medical-related courses. Medical professionals are severely in short supply. As a result, increasingly more students should decide to enroll in medical programs like family medicine and work in the country’s hospitals.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD Family Medicine?
A. MD Family Medicine is an postgraduate degree program. Family medicine is a therapeutic claim to fame for comprehensive national welfare for the entire population. It is a division of vital considerations that provides ongoing and comprehensive social insurance for individuals and families of all ages, sexes, illnesses, and body parts.
Q. What is the duration of the MD Family Medicine?
A. The duration of MD Family Medicine is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in family medicine?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD Family Medicine is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD Family Medicine?
A. A. The average fees range for MD Family Medicine is between Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 3,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD Family Medicine?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD Family Medicine are Teacher/ Lecturer, General Physician, Physiologist, Casualty Medical Officer, Consultant, etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.