MD in Biophysics is a three-year postgraduate medical course. In order to study organic structures, the science of biophysics applies the methods of physical science. The course covers natural chemistry and science, subatomic science, biomechanics, auxiliary science, mathematics, prescription and neuroscience, pharmacology and physiology, material science, quantum biophysics, agronomy, horticulture, etc. An MD in Biophysics is expected to guide a student through the process of becoming a professional in their preferred area of medicine. A number of entrance exams, including the NEET Exam given by the NTA, determine admission to the MD Program (National Testing Agency)
The results of the candidate in the NEET exam administered by the National Testing Agency determine admission to different government and private medical colleges for the MD program. The Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) conducts and oversees postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats via the AIQ quota, and the other 50% of seats are counseled by the appropriate state counseling agencies.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 MD in Biophysics Syllabus
- 3 MD in Biophysics Courses Entrance Exams
- 4 MD in Biophysics Fees Structure
- 5 MD in Biophysics Average Salary Range
- 6 MD in Biophysics Scope & Career Opportunities
- 7 MD Courses Eligibility
- 8 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 9 MD College Predictor
- 10 MD Admission Consultant
- 11 Frequently Asked question
- 11.1 Q. What is an MD in Biophysics?
- 11.2 Q. What is the duration of the MD in Biophysics?
- 11.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Biophysics?
- 11.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Biophysics?
- 11.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD in Biophysics?
- 11.6 Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
|Name of Course||MD in Biophysics|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medicall Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 3,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 10,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||biotechnologists, Artificial intelligence designer, Medical technology developer, geneticists|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Biophysics?
- MD in Biophysics course that focuses on learning in-depth about one’s chosen specialization. In comparison to MBBS, the MD course is more practical and research-based.
- The study of Biophysicists strives to discover cures for illness, end world hunger, create renewable energy sources, create cutting-edge technologies, and unravel a myriad of scientific mysteries. In conclusion, biophysicists are at the forefront of finding solutions to both current and upcoming problems that face humans.
- Biophysists can enter the medical and healthcare industries and work in new technology, management, technical consulting, etc., and also can work as biotechnologists, Artificial intelligence designers, Medical technology developers, geneticists, and many more career opportunities are available for graduates from the course.
MD in Biophysics Syllabus
|Sr. No.||Subject to study|
|1||Essentials for Animal Research|
|2||Human Physiology I|
|3||Human Physiology II|
|4||Clinical Applications of Physiology I|
|5||Clinical Applications of Physiology II|
|8||M.S. Thesis Research|
MD in Biophysics Courses Entrance Exams
|MD in Biophysics||NEET PG Exam|
MD in Biophysics Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD in Biophysics||Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees have been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MD course fees in government colleges.
MD in Biophysics Average Salary Range
|MD in Biophysics||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000 Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field
MD in Biophysics Scope & Career Opportunities
- An MD who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation will provide individuals with specialized medical training. PM&R doctors are skilled at determining their patients’ needs and treating a variety of illnesses. Because they are highly educated, they can develop treatment plans for patients of any age or physical condition.
- In the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation, elderly people make up the majority of the patients. This field covers the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of bodily conditions. Chronic illnesses, especially those related to aging, are becoming more common.
- The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at Johns Hopkins University provides a range of educational and employment opportunities for candidates with an MD degree. There is a high demand for doctors in
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD in Biophysics?
A. MD in Biophysics is a three-year postgraduate medical course. In order to study organic structures, the science of biophysics applies the methods of physical science. The course covers natural chemistry and science, subatomic science, biomechanics, auxiliary science, mathematics, prescription and neuroscience, pharmacology and physiology, material science, quantum biophysics, agronomy, horticulture, etc.
Q. What is the duration of the MD in Biophysics?
A. The duration of an MD in Biophysics is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Biophysics?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Biophysics?
A. The average fees range for MD in Biophysics is between Rs. 10,00,000/- to Rs. 25,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD in Biophysics?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in Biophysics are biotechnologists, Artificial intelligence designer, Medical technology developer, geneticists.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.