MD Anatomy is a three-year full-time program that studies the internal workings of the human body. The course primarily covers topics like comparative anatomy, physical anthropology, radiological anatomy, surface anatomy, and surface marketing of the human body in addition to topics like gross and regional anatomy, anthropology, myology, osteology, systematic anatomy, Neuroanatomy, applied and clinical anatomy, general and systematic embryology, and comparative embryology. Students receive advanced instruction in the fundamental concepts of healthy human growth as well as the structure of the human body from the gross to the molecular levels.
Admission to different government and dental colleges for the MD program is based on the candidate’s performance on the NEET exam administered by the National Testing Agency. In accordance with the AIQ quota, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) oversees and conducts postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats, and state counseling agencies handle counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MD in Anatomy Medicine Highlights
- 2 MD in Anatomy Syllabus
- 3 MD in Anatomy Courses Entrance Exams
- 4 MD in Anatomy Medicine Fees Structure
- 5 MD in Anatomy Courses Average Salary Range
- 6 MD Courses Eligibility
- 7 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 8 MD in Anatomy Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- 9 MD College Predictor
- 10 MD Admission Consultant
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
- 11.1 Q. What is the MD in Anatomy?
- 11.2 Q. What subjects are in MD anatomy?
- 11.3 Q. What is the duration of MD in Anatomy Course?
- 11.4 Q. Is MD Anatomy is a good career?
- 11.5 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing MD Anatomy?
- 11.6 Q. What is the average fees for MD Anatomy Course?
- 11.7 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MD Anatomy course?
MD in Anatomy Medicine Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in Anatomy|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs, 25,,000/- to Rs, 4,50,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Anatomy Lecturer (Assistant Professor), Anatomy Reader, Medical Coder, Team Leader/Trainer, Medical Coder Trainee, Medical Transcriptionist/Proofer, Medical Coding Configuration Analyst etc|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Anatomy?
- The course offers a thorough understanding of all the body’s organ systems’ ontologies as well as the crucial stages of human growth and development. Anatomy opens the door to advantageous career prospects across a range of healthcare specialties, including optometry, chiropractic, and medicine, among others. Anatomy and physiology postgraduates who are successful may choose to work as instructors in colleges and universities.
- The course employs instructional techniques and approaches in training med professionals as well as paramedics, in addition to adequate competence for developing effective leaders for teams engaged in teaching and research.
- There are numerous job opportunities available to aspirants upon completion of the course. Graduates are hired as Operating Room Technicians, Allergists, Genetic Counsellors, Physician Assistants, Acupuncturists, Urologists, Cardiologists, and other positions.
- Successful Anatomy postgraduates can pursue teaching positions in private or public universities/colleges. They can also work in hospitals and operate their own.
MD in Anatomy Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MD First Year||Semester 1|
|Gross AnatomyRadiological AnatomySectional AnatomyMethod of Preservation Of The Human Body|
|General EmbryologySystemic EmbryologyHistologyVirtual Microscopy|
|MD Second Year||Semester 3.|
|Neuroanatomyinnervations of Blood Vessels|
|Clinical and Applied Aspect of AnatomyCryobanking|
|MD Third Year||Semester 5|
|Surface AnatomyPrinciples and Interpretation of CT Scan, Sonographer and M.R.I.|
|Determination of Age, Sex and Race From Skeletal RemainsDetermination of Age of a Living Individual|
MD in Anatomy Courses Entrance Exams
|MD in Anatomy||NEET PG Exam|
MD in Anatomy Medicine Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD in Anatomy||Rs, 25,,000/- to Rs, 4,50,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD in Anatomy Courses Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Operating Room Technician||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 4,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Cardiologist||Rs. 9,00,000/- To Rs. 16,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Urologist||Rs. 12,00,000/- To Rs. 20,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Acupuncturist||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Physician Assistant||Rs. 1,50,000/- To Rs. 4,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Genetic Counsellor||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 5,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Allergist||Rs. 10,00,000/- To Rs. 19,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Lecturer/Assistant Professor||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 7,50,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD in Anatomy Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- Successful postgraduates in anatomy may seek teaching positions in public or private universities and colleges. They may also run their own hospitals or work in others.
- The course uses instructional techniques and approaches to train medical professionals and paramedics, as well as to develop leaders who are capable of leading teams that are engaged in teaching and research.
- The course provides a thorough understanding of the ontologies of all of the body’s organ systems as well as the critical stages of the development of human beings. Anatomy provides access to promising career opportunities in a variety of healthcare specialties, including optometry, chiropractic, and medicine, to name a few.
- Successful postgraduates in anatomy and physiology are able to work as lecturers in higher education institutions.
- One can also pursue high education such as Ph.D., M.Ch Or postgraduate diploma
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the MD in Anatomy?
A. MD Anatomy is a three-year full-time program that studies the internal workings of the human body.
Q. What subjects are in MD anatomy?
A. Faculty members teach gross, surface, and cross-sectional anatomy, microanatomy, embryology, neuroanatomy, histochemistry, and genetics.
Q. What is the duration of MD in Anatomy Course?
A. The duration of the MD in Anatomy course is 3 years.
Q. Is MD Anatomy is a good career?
A. After earning an M.D. in anatomy, one can work as a faculty member in a private or public college. They can work in hospitals as well as run their own.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing MD Anatomy?
A. The expected salary range after completing MD Anatomy is Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 20,00,000/-
Q. What is the average fees for MD Anatomy Course?
A. The average fees for MD Anatomy Course is Rs, 25,,000/- to Rs, 4,50,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MD Anatomy course?
A. The various job profiles offered by MD Anatomy are Anatomy Lecturer (Assistant Professor), Anatomy Reader, Medical Coder, Team Leader/Trainer, Medical Coder Trainee, Medical Transcriptionist/Proofer, Medical Coding Configuration Analyst, etc