MD Geriatrics is a three-year doctorate-level program. Geriatric Care is the preparation and organization of eldercare in a way that promotes personal happiness and maintains autonomy for as long as possible. The course’s goal is to perform a comprehensive assessment of an older person in an in-patient, home, or community setting, including day hospitals, including mood and cognition, gait, nutrition, and fitness for surgery. Students who want to pursue an MD in forensic medicine must first obtain an MBBS. After that, they will be able to apply for this course.
The performance of the candidate in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination determines admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD course. Postgraduate counseling is conducted and regulated by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MD Geriatrics Highlights
- 2 MD Geriatrics Syllabus
- 3 MD Geriatrics Courses Entrance Exams
- 4 MD Geriatrics Fees Structure
- 5 MD Geriatrics Average Salary Range
- 6 MD Courses Eligibility
- 7 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 8 MD Geriatrics Scope & Career Opportunities
- 9 MD College Predictor
- 10 MD Admission Consultant
- 11 Frequently Asked question
- 11.1 Q. What is an MD Geriatrics?
- 11.2 Q. What is the duration of the MD Geriatrics?
- 11.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Geriatrics?
- 11.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MD Geriatrics?
- 11.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD Geriatrics?
- 11.6 Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
MD Geriatrics Highlights
|Name of Course
|MD in forensic medicine
|Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET MD Score
|National Medical Commission
|NEET PG Exam
|Average Fees Range
|Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 5,00,000/-
|Average Salary Range
|Rs. 12,00,000/- and Rs. 16,00,000/-
|Geriatric Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Therapist Caregiver, etc.
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in geriatrics?
- The MD Geriatrics is one of the world’s highest-paying medical degrees, but it also has many other benefits. Despite the fact that you will be trained in a variety of medical fields, it provides more opportunities than any other type of medical degree.
- The program prepares students for the job market by instructing resident physicians and providing them with the clinical experience they need to be successful in their future careers. Furthermore, the doctoral program prepares students to practice medicine in a wide range of specialties, including pediatrics, internal medicine, and geriatrics.
- The candidate can work as Geriatric Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Therapist Caregiver, etc.
MD Geriatrics Syllabus
|Subject to study
|Allied Basic Sciences in Geriatrics
|General Medicine including Psycho Geriatrics
|Social and Preventive Geriatrics including Rehabilitation and Recent Advances
MD Geriatrics Courses Entrance Exams
|NEET PG Exam
MD Geriatrics Fees Structure
|Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 5,00,000/-
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD Geriatrics Average Salary Range
|Geriatric Social Worker
|Rs. 1,00,000/- To Rs. 4,00,000 Per Annum
|Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum
|Mental Health Therapist
|Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum
|Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test
|Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.
|Candidate must complete a 1-year internship
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Cut off percentile
MD Geriatrics Scope & Career Opportunities
- The MD Geriatrics is one of the highest-paying medical degrees in the world, but it also has many other advantages. Despite the fact that you will be trained in a wide range of medical disciplines, it offers more opportunities than any other type of medical degree.
- The program prepares students for the job market by providing them with clinical experience and instruction from resident physicians. Additionally, the doctoral program prepares students to practice medicine in a variety of specialties, such as pediatrics, internal medicine, and geriatrics.
- The candidate could work as a Geriatric Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Therapist Caregiver, or other similar positions.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD Geriatrics?
A. MD Geriatrics is a doctorate-level program that lasts three years. Geriatric care is the preparation and organization of eldercare in such a way that personal happiness and autonomy are maintained for as long as possible.
Q. What is the duration of the MD Geriatrics?
A. The duration of MD Geriatrics is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Geriatrics?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD Geriatrics is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD Geriatrics?
A. A. The average fee range for MD geriatrics is between Rs. 45, 000 and Rs. 5,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD Geriatrics?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD Geriatrics are Geriatric Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Therapist Caregiver, etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.