MD Aerospace Medicine is a three-year postgraduate degree that concentrates on the clinical care, research, and operational support of the health, safety, and performance of air and space vehicle crewmembers and passengers, as well as the support personnel who assist in the operation of such vehicles. It also focuses on the study of various concepts associated with the discipline of Aerospace Medicine, including aviation flight stress and strain such as temperature extremes, low atmospheric conditions, radioactivity, loud sounds, noise and vibration, respiratory failure, and strong forces of acceleration and deceleration.
The performance of the candidate in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination determines admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD course. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates Postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while respective state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MD Aerospace Medicine Highlights
- 2 MD Aerospace Medicine Syllabus
- 3 MD Aerospace Medicine Courses Entrance Exams
- 4 MD Aerospace Medicine Fees Structure
- 5 MD Aerospace Medicine Courses Average Salary Range
- 6 MD Courses Eligibility
- 7 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 8 MD Aerospace Medicine Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- 9 MD College Predictor
- 10 MD Admission Consultant
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
- 11.1 Q. What is MD Aerospace Medicine course?
- 11.2 Q. What is the duration of MD Aerospace Medicine?
- 11.3 Q. What are the major career paths in space medicine after an MD?
- 11.4 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Aerospace Medicine?
- 11.5 Q. What are the average fees for MD in Aerospace Medicine?
- 11.6 Q. What are the various jo profiles offered by MD in Aerospace Medicine?
MD Aerospace Medicine Highlights
|Name of Course||MD Aerospace Medicine|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 1,50,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 16,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Junior Consultant, Senior Consultant (Aerospace Medicine), Resident Doctor, Consultant, Visiting Consultant, Critical Care , Consult Anesthesia Specialist, etc.|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Aerospace Medicine?
- Doctors who complete their respective courses can either enter the job market or pursue a super-specialization course, with MD Aerospace Medicine serving as a feeder qualification. Candidates can apply for reputed jobs as Senior Residents, Junior Consultants, Consultants, and so on, with annual salaries ranging from Rs 10 lakhs to Rs 20 lakhs.
- The necessary training provided by a postgraduate specialist in the field of Aerospace Medicine would enable the specialist to acknowledge the community’s health needs. The student will be able to handle medical issues successfully and also be aware of recent advances in their field.
- A highly qualified anesthesiologist who possesses a wide range of skills that will allow them to practice anesthesia independently qualifies as an applicant. The PG candidate can learn the fundamentals of teaching medicine to paramedical students.
- The candidate should also be familiar with the principles of research methodology and the modes of the consulting library. To keep her knowledge up to date, the candidate should attend conferences, workshops, and CMEs on a regular basis.
MD Aerospace Medicine Syllabus
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|1||Applied basic science knowledge|
|2||Diseases with reference to General Medicine|
|5||Diagnostic investigation and procedures|
|6||Monitoring seriously ill patients|
|7||Counselling patients and relatives|
|8||Ability to teach undergraduate students|
|9||Ability to carry out research|
|10||Ward/OPD patient management|
|11||Long and short topic presentations|
|12||Ward rounds, case presentations and discussions|
|13||Clinico-radiological and clinico-pathological conferences|
|15||PG Case presentation clinics|
|17||In-house and guest lectures|
|18||Conferences, symposia, seminars and CMEs|
|19||Participations in workshops, updates, conferences|
|21||Use and maintenance of biomedical equipment.|
|22||Biostatistics and clinical epidemiology|
MD Aerospace Medicine Courses Entrance Exams
|MD Aerospace Medicine||NEET PG Exam|
MD Aerospace Medicine Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD Aerospace Medicine||Rs. 1,50,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MD course fees in government colleges.
MD Aerospace Medicine Courses Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Aerospace Medicine Physician||Rs. 7,00,000/- To Rs. 10,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Operational flight surgeon||Rs. 9,00,000/- To Rs. 12,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Shipping and Receiving Associate||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Senior Research Engineer||Rs. 9,00,000/- To Rs. 12,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Manufacturing Engineer||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Aerospace Engineer||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 7,50,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the dental field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD Aerospace Medicine Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- After completing their respective programs, doctors have two options: they can find employment or enroll in a super-specialization course, with the MD Aerospace Medicine program acting as a feeder qualification. Candidates may submit applications for well-known positions as Senior Residents, Junior Consultants, Consultants, and others, with annual salaries ranging from Rs 10,00,000 to Rs. 20,00,000.
- The applicant must be a highly qualified anesthesiologist with a broad range of abilities that will enable oneself to practice anesthesia independently. The PG candidate should also become familiar with the basics of instructing paramedical students in medicine.
- A postgraduate specialist in the field of aerospace medicine would have the necessary training to recognize the community’s health needs. The student should be competent in dealing with medical issues and knowledgeable about recent developments in their field.
- The candidates can work or pursue careers as Junior Consultant, Senior Consultant (Aerospace Medicine), Resident Doctor, Consultant, Visiting Consultant, Critical Care, Consult Anesthesia Specialist, etc.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their dental studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is MD Aerospace Medicine course?
A. MD Aerospace Medicine is a three-year postgraduate degree that focuses on the clinical care, research, and operational support of air and space vehicle crewmembers and passengers, as well as the support personnel who assist in the operation of such vehicles.
Q. What is the duration of MD Aerospace Medicine?
A. The duration of the MD Aerospace Medicine course is 3 years.
Q. What are the major career paths in space medicine after an MD?
A. The field of space medicine is connected to numerous other industries. Military aerospace medicine, research and development, industrial aerospace medicine, operational medicine, and emergency space medicine are a few of the most popular career fields.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Aerospace Medicine?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD Aerospace Medicine is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 16,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for MD in Aerospace Medicine?
A. The average fees range for MD in Aerospace Medicine is between Rs. 1,50,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-
Q. What are the various jo profiles offered by MD in Aerospace Medicine?
A. Various job offered by the MD in Aerospace Medicine is Junior Consultant, Senior Consultant (Aerospace Medicine), Resident Doctor, Consultant, Visiting Consultant, Critical Care, Consult Anesthesia Specialist, etc.