MD Forensic Medicine is a three-year postgraduate degree program that focuses on the application of scientific knowledge in criminal investigations. Forensic medicine is a group of medical specialties that examine and diagnose people who have been injured or died as a result of external or unnatural causes such as poisoning, assault, suicide, and other forms of violence. Students interested in pursuing an MD in forensic medicine must first obtain an MBBS degree. They will then be able to apply for this course.
Admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD course is determined by the candidate’s performance in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates Postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
MD in forensic medicine Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in forensic medicine|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 12,00,000/- and Rs. 16,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Gynecologist, Physiologist, Obstetrician, General Surgeon, MBBS Doctor, Senior Resident Doctor, Resident Doctor, Associate, Professor, Bacteriologist, Physiologist etc|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in forensic medicine?
- MD Forensic Medicine job opportunities for graduates are available in a variety of roles and prospects. Because of the relevance and diversity of the education that students receive, the MD Forensic Medicine course scope in India is high and rewarding.
- The MD in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology is a very esteemed degree. As forensic pathologists, crime scene investigators, trace evidence analysts, physiologists, or anthropologists, individuals can make a good living. The opportunities for teachers, law reviewers, and law reformers are also abundant with this career path. Additionally, there are numerous job openings in criminal rehabilitation. Individuals can work as a psychologist or a counselor in the field of psychiatry.
- The future of forensic medicine and toxicology is determined by specialization and demand. You can find work in law enforcement, the government, and universities with general education. You can also work in various investigative services.
MD in forensic medicine Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MD First Year||Semester 1|
|Forensic Medicine In Relation to Medicine and Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and PaediatricsForensic Medicine including Physical Anthropology and Forensic OdontologyElective I|
|Forensic Pathology, Forensic Immunology, and Forensic BiochemistryForensic Toxicology, Forensic Psychiatry, and Medical JurisprudenceElective II|
|MD Second Year||Semester 3.|
|Forensic ToxicologyLaw & Medicine and AutopsyCrime and SocietyDigital Forensics|
|Medical Jurisprudence and Legal ProcedureElective IIIPhysicsForensic Psychology|
|MD Third Year||Semester 5|
|AnthropologyQuestioned DocumentsResearch Project|
MD in Forensic Medicine Courses Entrance Exams
|MD in Forensic Medicine||NEET PG Exam|
MD in Forensic Medicine Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD in Forensic Medicine||Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD in Forensic Medicine Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Forensic Scientist||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 11,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Lab Technician – Forensic Pathology||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Manager – Forensic Advisory||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Medical Officer||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 9,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Forensic Medicine Assistant Professor||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 9,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Forensic Investigator||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Senior System Analyst||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 5,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD in Forensic Medicine Scope & Career Opportunities
- The MD in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology is a highly regarded diploma. Individuals can make a good living as forensic pathologists, crime scene investigators, trace evidence analysts, physiologists, or anthropologists. This career path also provides numerous opportunities for teachers, law reviewers, and law reformers. There are also numerous job opportunities in criminal rehabilitation. Individuals in the field of psychiatry can work as psychologists or counselors.
- Due to the quality of the education that the students receive, the scope and salary of an MD in forensic medicine in India are very rewarding and lucrative. Around INR 10 LPA is the typical MD Forensic Medicine salary in India.
- For graduates of MD forensic medicine programs, there are numerous government jobs available. After completing the program, students may need to take an entrance exam in order to be hired for central government positions.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD in Forensic Medicine?
A. MD Forensic Medicine is a three-year postgraduate degree program that focuses on the application of scientific knowledge in criminal investigations.
Q. What is the duration of the MD in Forensic Medicine?
A. The duration of MD in Forensic Medicine is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Forensic Medicine?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Forensic Medicine is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Forensic Medicine?
A. A. The average fees range for MD in Forensic Medicine is between Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MDs in Forensic Medicine?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in Forensic Medicine are Forensic Scientist, Forensic Medicine Junior Resident, Medical Officer, Research Assistant, Forensic Pathologist, Forensic Medicine Professor & Tutor etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.