MD General Medicine is a 3-year doctorate course that put emphasis on the study of the field and the diagnosis of disease using examinations of the organs, tissues, bodily fluids, and entire bodies. General medicine is the area of medicine that deals with internal organ disease diagnosis and (nonsurgical) treatment, particularly in adults. The course is included in the Doctor of Medicine program. Students interested in pursuing an MD in General Medicine must first obtain an MBBS degree. They will then be able to apply for this course.
The performance of the candidate in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination determines admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD course. Postgraduate counseling is conducted and regulated by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MD in General Medicine Highlights
- 2 MD in General Medicine Syllabus
- 3 MD in General Medicine Courses Entrance Exams
- 4 MD in General Medicine Fees Structure
- 5 MD in General Medicine Average Salary Range
- 6 MD Courses Eligibility
- 7 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 8 MD in General Medicine Scope & Career Opportunities
- 9 MD College Predictor
- 10 MD Admission Consultant
- 11 Frequently Asked question
- 11.1 Q. What is an MD in General Medicine?
- 11.2 Q. What is the duration of the MD in General Medicine?
- 11.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in General Medicine?
- 11.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MD in General Medicine?
- 11.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD in General Medicine?
- 11.6 Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
MD in General Medicine Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in General Medicine|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 16,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 5,00,000 – Rs. 24,00,000|
|Job Profile||Forensic Scientist, Forensic Medicine Junior Resident, Medical Officer, Research Assistant, Forensic Pathologist, Forensic Medicine Professor & Tutor etc.|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in General Medicine?
- The Doctorate in General Medicine is one of the highest-paying medical degrees in the world, but it also has many other advantages. Despite the fact that you’ll be trained in a variety of medical fields, it offers greater possibilities compared to any other kind of medical degree.
- By instructing resident physicians and giving them the clinical experience they need to be successful in their future careers, the program gets students ready for the job market. Additionally, the doctoral program equips students to practice medicine in a variety of fields, including pediatrics, internal medicine, and geriatrics.
- For anesthetists or anesthesiologists, bacteriologists, cardiologists, chief medical officers, chiropodists, clinical laboratory scientists, dermatologists, ear, nose, and throat specialists, among others, there is a large scope for an MD in general medicine in India. Graduates of the MD General Medicine program have excellent career prospects in numerous reputable
- The range of its professional ramifications includes everything from working in the public or private sector to pursuing advanced research initiatives in academia.
MD in General Medicine Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MD First Year||Semester 1|
|Applied Basic Science KnowledgeDiseases Concerning General MedicineRecent Advances in Medicine|
|Biostatistics And Clinical EpidemiologyDiagnostic Investigation And Procedures|
|MD Second Year||Semester 3.|
|Monitoring Seriously Ill PatientsCounseling Patients And RelativesResearch Proposal|
|Ability To Carry Out ResearchWard Patient ManagementOPD Patient Management|
|MD Third Year||Semester 5|
|Long And Short Topic PresentationsWard Rounds, Case Presentations, And DiscussionsClinico-Radiological And Clinicopathological Conferences|
|Journal ConferencesPG Case PresentationResearch View|
MD in General Medicine Courses Entrance Exams
|MD in General Medicine||NEET PG Exam|
MD in General Medicine Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD in General Medicine||Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD in General Medicine Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Bacteriologist||Rs. 1,50,000/- To Rs. 9,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Physiologist||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 12,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Gynecologist||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 13,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Clinical Research Scientist||Rs. 6,00,000/- To Rs. 14,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Academic lecturer||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 9,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Medical Examiner/ Forensic Pathologist||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD in General Medicine Scope & Career Opportunities
- The Doctorate in General Medicine is one of the highest-paying medical degrees in the world, but it also comes with a slew of other benefits. Despite the fact that you will be trained in a variety of medical fields, it provides more opportunities than any other type of medical degree.
- A doctorate in MD General Medicine is highly valued and respected in almost every government organization. Following the MD in General Medicine, the job opportunities in India’s government sector are diverse and rewarding for the doctorates. MD General Medicine salary in India is around Rs. 5,00,000 – Rs. 24,00,000 in public sectors of various reputed organizations.
- Regarding employment opportunities in the public sector, there are numerous private jobs in the medical industry, including those at biomedical firms, hospitals, clinics, research facilities, medical colleges, foundations and trusts, non-profit organizations, and so forth.
- The career opportunities for MD general medicine graduates in India are improving. Students can work abroad right away after earning their degree, along with a respectable annual salary package.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD in General Medicine?
A. MD General Medicine is a 3-year doctorate course that put emphasis on the study of the field and the diagnosis of disease using examinations of the organs, tissues, bodily fluids, and entire bodies
Q. What is the duration of the MD in General Medicine?
A. The duration of MD in General Medicine is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in General Medicine?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in General Medicine is Between Rs. 5,00,000/- and Rs. 24,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in General Medicine?
A. A. The average fees range for MD in General Medicine is between Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD in General Medicine?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in General Medicine are Forensic Scientist, Forensic Medicine Junior Resident, Medical Officer, Research Assistant, Forensic Pathologist, Forensic Medicine Professor & Tutor etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.