MD Pediatrics is a three-year postgraduate program that deals with instructing new parents about breastfeeding and a healthy diet as well as giving nutrition counseling for newborns, infants, kids, and teenagers. Students who earn an MD in Pediatrics can work in a variety of fields. The branch specifically oversees the medical treatment of children and teenagers. People under the age of 18 are taken into account for pediatric care according to the standards established by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Pediatricians are doctors who specialize in and work in this field.
The results of the NEET exam, which is given by the National Testing Agency, are used to determine a candidate’s eligibility for admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD program. The Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) oversees and manages postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats in accordance with the AIQ quota, and state counseling organizations handle counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
MD in Pediatrics Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in Pediatrics|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 25,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 3,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Respiratory Therapist, Pulmonary Function Technologist, Neonatal-Pediatric Specialist, Medical & Health Services Manager, and such.|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in pediatrics?
- The MD Pediatrics course provides sufficient training in giving nutritional advice to new parents regarding breastfeeding and a healthy diet as well as for newborns, infants, children, and adolescents. Additionally, it offers training in pediatrics and neonatology to create qualified specialists capable of offering fundamental and specialized care to newborns, infants, children, and teenagers.
- Prospective pediatricians have access to a wide variety of specialized pediatric training programs. You will have a wide range of career options as a doctor in pediatrics. You can work in a general hospital, a hospital for kids, or a private practice. Additionally, you’ll have the chance to focus on a wide range of child health issues, like neonatal care.
- One of the reasons is that, as a result of the course structure and the aspirants’ ability to be regarded as professionals after completing the MD Pediatrics program, they will be well-equipped for employment and possess a wide range of skills. In fact, many graduates continue their education on their own, which increases their employability. Campus interviews are a further factor in the job application process being simple.
- Graduates in MD Pediatrics can find employment in both the public and private sectors in India, depending on their interests, abilities, and preferred field of work.
MD in Pediatrics Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MD First Year||Semester 1|
|Growth and DevelopmentRespiratoryNeonatologyBehavioral Disorder|
|Psychological disorderEndocrinologyInfectionsSkin diseases|
|MD Second Year||Semester 3.|
|Social PaediatricsGeneticsNutritionCardiovascularNeurological DisordersInfections|
|Adolescent HealthCentral Nervous systemFetus NewbornEye diseasesEmergence and critical careDigestive system|
|MD Third Year||Semester 5|
|Social Paediatrics IIResearch Project|
|Adolescent Health IIInternship|
MD in Pediatrics Courses Entrance Exams
|MD in Pediatrics||NEET PG Exam|
MD in Pediatrics Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD in Pediatrics||Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD in Pediatrics Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Pediatricians||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 5,00,000 Per Annum|
|Assistant Professor in Pediatrics||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Neonatology Doctor||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Pediatric Intensivist or Critical Care Pediatrician||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Scope & Career Opportunities
- Graduates in MD Pediatrics can find employment in both the public and private sectors in India, depending on their interests, abilities, and preferred field of work. Both have advantages and advantages in the workplace.
- A course in pediatrics can aid in specializing in the study of society and its structure. Government and private sectors, as well as the kind of job or even the applicant’s skills, all have different pay scales. Graduates typically make around INR 12 LPA in salary.
- The demand for MD pediatricians is high worldwide, but because different regions have different skill requirements, the job and the offer are dependent on the student’s credentials and test results. Students who pursue an MD in pediatrics may find employment as a pediatric surgeon, neonatologist, developmental-behavioral pediatrician, pediatrician, pediatrician, pediatrician, pediatrician, pediatrician, pediatrician, etc.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD in Pediatrics?
A. MD Pediatrics is a three-year postgraduate program that deals with instructing new parents about breastfeeding and a healthy diet as well as giving nutrition counseling for newborns, infants, kids, and teenagers.
Q. What is the duration of the MD in Pediatrics?
A. The duration of MD in Pediatrics is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Pediatrics?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Pediatrics is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Pediatrics?
A.A. The average fee or MD in pediatrics is between Rs. 1,00,000 and Rs. 25,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by an MD in Pediatrics?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in Pediatrics are Casualty Medical Officer, Centre Manager, Hospital Administrator, Manager, Medical Superintendent, Operations Head, Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Resident Anaesthetist, and Resident Pathologist, etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.