MDS in Pedodontics is a three-year undergraduate course that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of oral health and all types of dental diseases in children from birth to adulthood. The course is an excellent choice for students who want to concentrate on children’s behavioral and developmental needs and plan therapy accordingly. MDS pedodontics and prevention dentistry students can also find employment in a variety of settings.
The results of the NEET exam, which is given by the National Testing Agency, are used to determine a candidate’s eligibility for admission to the MDS course) at various government and Private dental colleges. MDS counseling is conducted and governed by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) for 50% of MDS seats through the AIQ quota, and for the remaining 50% of MDS seats, the relevant state counseling agencies are in charge.
Why should you pursue a career as an MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry?
- MDS Pedodontics is one of the best options for candidates who have a BDS degree and are interested in pursuing a career in the field. The demand for experts in this field has increased as a result of its high demand. As a result, it is a fulfilling choice of career for dental professionals who seek to improve the care of adolescents and children’s oral health. MDS Pedodontics also has promising job prospects. Graduates can find employment as researchers, dentists, or teachers in both public and private dental clinics. Even those who want to work in dentistry can find jobs with the government.
- The candidate will learn sufficient information about conditions affecting the teeth, jaw, and other facial tissues as well as dental science to deal with oral health through the study of this program. Several government dental institutes and hospitals offer resident doctor training programs for those with an interest in MDS Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry.
- MDS graduates have a wide range of career options in dentistry for children, public service, and research. To support themselves, they could even start their own children’s dental clinic.
- Furthermore, MDS holders who work for themselves can support their careers. Students can expect to make between Rs 4.00 lakhs and Rs 13.00 lakhs annually with an MDS in Pedodontics. One of the top dental postgraduate programs is offered here.
|Name of Course||MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry|
|Eligibility||Bachelor of Dental Surgery|
|Admission||Admission to MDS in Pedodontics can only be done on the basis of NEET MDS Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Dental Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET MDS Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 15,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Job Profile||Dental surgeon, Dental Assistant, Dental hygienist, Consultant, Professor, Public health specialists, Forensics, Private practitioners, Oral pathologists, Medical representatives, and Clinical Microbiologist etc|
MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|First Year||Applied Basic SciencesApplied AnatomyPhysiologyPathologyMicrobiologyNutrition & DieteticsGrowth and DevelopmentDental PlaqueGenetics|
|Second Year||Clinical PaedodonticsConscious, Deep Sedation and General Anesthesia in Pediatric DentistryGingival and Periodontal Diseases in ChildrenOral habits in ChildrenTraumatic Injuries in ChildrenDental RadiologyCongenital Abnormalities in ChildrenManagement of minor oral surgical procedures in childrenSetting up Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry Clinic|
|Third Year||Preventive and Community DentistryChild PsychologyBehavior managementChild abuse and dental neglectPreventive PedodonticsCardiologyFluoridesEpidemiologyComprehensive infant oral health care/comprehensive|
MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry Courses Entrance Exams
|MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||NEET MDS Exam|
MDS in Prosthodontics Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 20,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MDS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MDS course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry Courses Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Dental surgeon||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 4,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Dental Assistant||Rs. 1,00,000/- To Rs. 4,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Dental hygienist||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. ,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Consultant||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Professor||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 7,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Public health specialists||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 8,50,000/- Per Annum|
|Private practitioners||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Medical representatives||Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Oral pathologists||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 9,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Forensic Odontologist||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 7,20,000/- Per Annum|
|Clinical Microbiology||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MDS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the dental field.
MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry Scope & Career Opportunities
- Candidates with a BDS degree who want to work in the field have a number of excellent options, including MDS Pedodontics. Due to the high demand in this field, there is now a greater need for experts in it. Therefore, it is a rewarding career choice for dental professionals who want to enhance the treatment of adolescents and kids’ oral health. Job prospects are also bright for MDS Pedodontics. Graduates can work in both public and private dental clinics as researchers, dentists, or teachers. Even dental professionals can find employment with the government.
- Graduates of the MDS program have numerous career options, including pediatric dentistry, public service, and research. They could even open their own children’s dental clinic to support themselves.
- Additionally, MDS holders who run their own businesses can support themselves. With an MDS in Pedodontics, graduates can expect to earn between Rs 4.00 lakhs and Rs 13.00 lakhs per year. Here, you can enroll in one of the best postgraduate dental programs.
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MDS College Predictor
The MDS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the dental colleges of their choice. The MDS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their dental studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MDS Admission Consultant
MDS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred dental colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry?
A. MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry is a three-year undergraduate course that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of oral health and all types of dental diseases in children from birth to adulthood.
Q. What is the duration of MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry?
A. The duration of MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry is 3 years.
Q. What is the average salary for MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry in India?
A. An MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry makes an average annual salary of Rs. 5 in India, with salaries ranging from Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 20,00,000/-
Q. Are crowns considered prosthodontics?
A. Yes, since prosthodontics includes crowns. The branch of dental surgery known as prosthodontics is responsible for creating artificial teeth and gums. In addition to crowns, it also includes dental implants, veneers, bridges, and fillings.
Q. What are some of the other best branches of MDS?
A. Some of the best subspecialties include public health dentistry, oral pathology and microbiology, oral medicine and radiology, periodontology, conservative dentistry, endodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, etc.
Q. Is Neet compulsory for the MDS in Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry course?
A. Yes, the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Examination, also known as NEET, is held once a year for MDS programs and is the only acceptable entrance exam for enrollment in MDS programs nationwide.