MD Radiodiagnosis is a three-year post-graduate program that focuses on the study of clinical specialties. The MD Radio Diagnosis course covers allergic comparison responses in addition to defibrillation methodologies. MD Radiodiagnosis is concerned with the investigation and application of radiation, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance in medical practice for diagnostic, therapeutic, and research purposes. Specializations include the genitourinary, biliary, gastrointestinal, and nervous systems, among others. The course is part of the Doctor of Medicine program and thus has a similar foundation. Students who want to pursue an MD in family medicine must first obtain an MBBS. After that, they will be able to apply for this course.
The National Testing Agency’s NEET exam results are used to determine a candidate’s eligibility for admission to various government and private medical schools for the MD program. The Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) oversees and manages postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats based on the AIQ quota, with state counseling organizations handling the remaining 50% of seats.
MD in Radiodiagnosis Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in Radiodiagnosis|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 27,000 to Rs. 13,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 5,00,000/- and Rs. 35,00,000/- per annum.|
|Job Profile||Radiologist, Radiographer, Radiology Technician, Health Diagnostics Technologist, etc|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Radiodiagnosis?
- Candidates who want to continue their education in the research field can choose this subject because it provides a lot of research opportunities. After earning an MD Radiodiagnosis degree, they can apply for a variety of fellowships and research grants.
- Radiology is one of the fascinating and exciting clinical disciplines that uses imaging to distinguish and treat illnesses that occur within the body. Diagnostic Radiology is a medical specialty that uses X-Ray images and other imaging strategies to diagnose a patient’s disorder and damage.
- Radiography will continue to experience faster-than-average job growth in the future. After specializing in radiodiagnosis, one can work in any Radiological Sciences Laboratory or in hospital settings, as well as academic/educational institutions.
- The typical salary for an MD Radiodiagnosis graduate earns between Rs. 5,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/- per annum. This salary is not fixed and is subject to a variety of factors or variables. The salary may vary according to experience and specialization. Graduates can increase their earnings by furthering their education or taking certificate courses.
MD in Radiodiagnosis Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MD First Year||Semester 1|
|Basic science related to the specialty of Radio-diagnosisRespiratory SystemMammography and Breast Intervention|
|Practical Schedule –PhysicsGeneral RadiologyAnatomy|
|MD Second Year||Semester 3.|
|Gastrointestinal (GIT) and Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic SystemGenito-Urinary System|
|Practical radiographyMusculoskeletal System|
|MD Third Year||Semester 5|
|Cardiovascular RadiologyNeuro-RadiologyRadiology Emergency Medicine|
MD in Radiodiagnosis Courses Entrance Exams
|MD in Radiodiagnosis||NEET PG Exam|
MD in Radiodiagnosis Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD in Radiodiagnosis||Rs. 27,000 to Rs. 13,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees have been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD in Radiodiagnosis Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Radiographer||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 29,00,000 Per Annum|
|Radiologists||Rs. 19,00,000/- To Rs. 25,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Radiology technician||Rs. 17,00,000/- To Rs. 19,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Health Diagnostics Technologist||Rs. 15,00,000/- To Rs. 35,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD in Radiodiagnosis Career Opportunities
- This course offers a lot of opportunities for research, so candidates who want to pursue further education in the field may choose it. They are eligible to apply for a range of fellowships and research grants after receiving an MD in Radiodiagnosis.
- Radiology is a fascinating and exciting clinical discipline that employs imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses that occur within the body. Diagnostic Radiology is a medical specialty that uses X-Ray images and other imaging strategies to diagnose disorders and damage in patients.
- The future job industry for radiography will continue to grow faster than the national average. One can work in any radiological sciences laboratory, a hospital setting, academic/educational institutions, or both after specializing in radiodiagnosis.
- An MD Radiodiagnosis graduate can expect to make between Rs. 5,00,000 and Rs. 12,00,000 annually. This salary is not set in stone and is based on a number of different variables. Depending on specialization and experience, the pay may change. By continuing their education or pursuing certificate programs, graduates can raise their income.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD in Radiodiagnosis?
A. MD Radiodiagnosis is a three-year post-graduate program that focuses on the study of clinical specialties. The MD Radio Diagnosis course covers allergic comparison responses in addition to defibrillation methodologies. MD Radiodiagnosis is concerned with the investigation and application of radiation, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance in medical practice for diagnostic, therapeutic, and research purposes
Q. What is the duration of the MD in Radiodiagnosis?
A. The duration of MD in Radiodiagnosis is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Radiodiagnosis?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Radiodiagnosis is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 35,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Radiodiagnosis?
A. The average fee or MD in Radiodiagnosis is between Rs. 27,000 to Rs. 13,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by an MD in Radiodiagnosis?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in Radiodiagnosis are Radiologist, Radiographer, Radiology Technician, Health Diagnostics Technologist, etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.