MD Radiotherapy is a three-year clinical specialty course. Radiotherapy, also known as radiation therapy or radiation oncology, is a treatment method that uses high-energy X-rays to treat critical disorders such as cancer, thyroid disorders, and some blood disorders. The MD The first doctorate in radiotherapy to be granted by universities and conservatories is in radiotherapy. The program incorporates medical-level academic analysis in areas like radiobiology, radiation oncology, chemotherapy, radiotherapy as it relates to pathology, etc. with advanced studies in an applied area of specialization.
In order to determine a candidate’s eligibility for admission to different government and private medical schools for the MD program, the National Testing Agency’s NEET exam results are used. According to the AIQ quota, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) oversees and manages postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats, and state counseling organizations handle the other 50%.
- 1 MD Radiotherapy Highlights
- 2 MD Radiotherapy Syllabus
- 3 MD Radiotherapy Courses Entrance Exams
- 4 MD Radiotherapy Fees Structure
- 5 MD Radiotherapy Average Salary Range
- 6 MD Courses Eligibility
- 7 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 8 MD Radiotherapy Career Opportunities
- 9 MD College Predictor
- 10 MD Admission Consultant
- 11 Frequently Asked question
- 11.1 Q. What is an MD Radiotherapy?
- 11.2 Q. What is the duration of the MD Radiotherapy?
- 11.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD Radiotherapy?
- 11.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MD Radiotherapy?
- 11.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by an MD Radiotherapy?
- 11.6 Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
MD Radiotherapy Highlights
|Name of Course
|Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score
|National Medical Commission
|NEET PG Exam
|Average Fees Range
|Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 13,00,000/-
|Average Salary Range
|Rs. 10,00,000 – Rs. 15,00,000/-
|Radiation Oncologist, Radiation Therapist, Ultrasound Technician, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, MRI Technician, CT Tech, CAT Scan Technologist, CT Scan Technologist, etc
Why should you pursue a career as an MD Radiotherapy?
- Radiation therapy is a highly effective treatment for many cancer patients. It is frequently used to treat cancer-related pain and other symptoms, and it can even prolong the lives of people in the advanced stages of the disease. The primary goal of radiation therapy is to keep the dose of radiation to the surrounding healthy tissue as low as possible.
- MD Radiotherapy graduates can work in fields such as Radiology, Technicians, Ultrasound, Pharmacy, Pathologist, Education, Physician, Medical Advisor, and others. They can work as Assistant Professors, Pharmacists, Medical supervisors, technicians, radiologists, and other similar positions.
- The typical salary after completing an MD Radiotherapy salaries are quite high when compared to other medical fields, with graduates earning around Rs. 10,00,000 – 15,00,000/- per annum or even more.
- The availability of highly qualified and skilled professionals will determine the future scope of the doctorate of medicine in radiotherapy. Technology is developing quickly due to the growing need for radiation therapy. The quality of patient care will increase as a result of this development. The accurate delivery of the therapy will be aided by the numerous new radiation delivery systems that have been developed.
MD Radiotherapy Syllabus
|MD First Year
|Clinical Oncology (In-patient ward and special clinics)Radiation PhysicsPathology/Radiobiology
|Pathology/RadiobiologyCancer Epidemiology and Statistics Cancer Research and Laboratory methods
|MD Second Year
|Clinical Oncology & Critical Care (Inpatient ward & special clinics) Radiation Physics Palliative Care
|Medical Oncology including Haemato-oncology (In-patient ward and special clinics) Simulator and Teletherapy machine posting
|MD Third Year
|Radiation Oncology (Inpatient ward and special clinics)
MD Radiotherapy Courses Entrance Exams
|NEET PG Exam
MD Radiotherapy Fees Structure
|Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 13,00,000/-
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MD course fees in government colleges.
MD Radiotherapy Average Salary Range
|Rs. 1,80,000/- to Rs. 4,80,000/-Per Annum
|Radiation Oncologist/ Radiation Therapist
|Rs. 5,00,000/- To Rs. 20,00,000/- Per Annum
|Rs. 17,00,000/- To Rs. 19,00,000/- Per Annum
|Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the Medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test
|Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.
|Candidate must complete a 1-year internship
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Cut off percentile
MD Radiotherapy Career Opportunities
- The treatment of choice for many cancer patients is radiation therapy. It is frequently employed to treat the discomfort and other side effects of cancer, and it has even been shown to extend life in patients with the most severe forms of the illness. Keeping the radiation dose to the nearby healthy tissue as low as possible is the main objective of radiation therapy.
- Graduates of the MD program in radiotherapy can find employment in a variety of disciplines, including radiology, ultrasound, pharmacy, pathology, education, medicine, and more. They are capable of holding jobs as assistant professors, pharmacists, medical directors, technicians, radiologists, and other similar positions.
- MD graduates typically earn between Rs. 10,00,000 and Rs. 19,00,000 per year or even more, which is quite high when compared to salaries in other medical specialties.
- The key opportunity of the doctorate of medicine in radiotherapy will depend on the accessibility of highly competent and skilled professionals. As the demand for radiation therapy increases, technology is advancing quickly. As a result of this development, patient care will be of higher quality. The many innovative new radiation delivery systems that have been created will help with the precise delivery of the therapy.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD Radiotherapy?
A. MD The three-year clinical specialty program in radiotherapy. Critical illnesses like cancer, thyroid conditions, and some blood disorders can be treated using radiotherapy, also known as radiation therapy or radiation oncology.
Q. What is the duration of the MD Radiotherapy?
A. The duration of MD Radiotherapy is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD Radiotherapy?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD Radiotherapy is Between Rs. 10,00,000/- and Rs. 19,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD Radiotherapy?
A. The average fee or MD Radiotherapy is between Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 13,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by an MD Radiotherapy?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD Radiotherapy are Radiation Oncologist, Radiation Therapist, Ultrasound Technician, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, MRI Technician, CT Tech, CAT Scan Technologist, CT Scan Technologist, etc
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.