MS Orthopedics is a three-year postgraduate surgery course that falls under the umbrella of the Master of Surgery and therefore follows a similar foundation of the study. One of the leading specializations in the MS Orthopaedics Degree is acute, chronic, traumatic, overuse, and other musculoskeletal system disorders. Candidates can hone their skills in four settings: hospitals, clinics, private chambers, and diagnostic centers. MS Orthopedics is not only about treating or curing patients, but also about gaining various practical and mental skills throughout one’s career and applying them in one’s personal life. Students interested in pursuing an MS in orthopedics must first obtain an MBBS degree. They will then be able to apply for this course.
Admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MS program is based on the candidate’s performance on the NEET exam administered by the National Testing Agency. In accordance with the AIQ quota, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) oversees and conducts postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats, and state counseling agencies handle counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
MS Orthopaedics Highlights
|Name of Course||MS Orthopaedics|
|Admission||Admission to MS course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 10,00,000 to Rs. 50,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 14,00,000/- and Rs. 55,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Medical Consultant, Orthopedic Surgeon, Professor, Clinical Associate and Orthopedic Assistant etc|
Why should you pursue a career as an MS Orthopaedics?
- A surgeon with an MS in orthopedics earns a relatively high salary. While there are fewer graduates per job opening than in other subspecialties, the job outlook is favorable. Orthopedics is a specialty that MBBS doctors can pursue.
- Successful completion of an MBBS program, an orthopedic surgeon may work in private practice, government agencies, or the public sector. He or she will be prepared to manage surgical patients in a clinic after completing this master’s program.
- An orthopedic surgeon will also be knowledgeable in the management of various orthopedic disorders and diseases. As a result, he or she might operate on patients to treat fractures, strained muscles, and arthritis in joints.
- Additionally, it can help the student advance their understanding of otorhinolaryngology and develop their clinical expertise in this field. Candidates can decide whether to pursue a Master of Surgery in this area by reviewing the course syllabus.
MS Orthopaedics Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MS First Year||Semester 1|
|InfectionsCongenital Peripheral Nerve InjuriesOperative OrthopedicsImaging the Orthopedics|
|TumorsAnomaliesMicrosurgerySurgical Techniques and Approaches|
|MS Second Year||Semester 3.|
|ArthrodesisClosed Reduction of FracturesMastering Plastering TechniquesExternal Fixator ApplicationExcision of Benign Lessons|
|Practical WorksDislocationsDebridement of Open FracturesInternal Fixation of Minor Fractures with K-WiresSkull Tongs Application|
|MS Third Year||Semester 5|
|Fractures and DislocationsSpineThe Foot and AnklesClinical Diagnosis|
|Regional OrthopedicsSports MedicineArthroplasty, Amputations|
MS Orthopaedics Entrance Exams
|MS Orthopaedics||NEET PG Exam|
MS Orthopaedics Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MS Orthopaedics||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 40,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MS course fees in private colleges and MS course fees in government colleges.
MS Orthopaedics Courses Average Salary Range
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|Clinical Associate||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
|Orthopedic Surgeon||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|Medical Consultant||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 8,00,000/-|
|Pediatric Surgeon||Rs. 6,80,000/- to Rs. 16,00,000/-|
|Orthopedic Professors||Rs. 10. 00,000/- to Rs. 17,00,000/-|
Graduating from the MS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MS Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MS. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MS Orthopaedics Scope & Career Opportunities
- An orthopedic surgeon with an MS makes a respectably good living. The job outlook is good despite the fact that there are fewer graduates per opening than in other subspecialties. MBBS physicians can specialize in orthopedics.
- An orthopedic surgeon who has successfully completed an MBBS program may work in private practice, governmental organizations, or the public sector. After completing this master’s program, he or she will be equipped to oversee surgical patients in a clinic.
- An orthopedic surgeon will also have knowledge of how to treat different orthopedic conditions and illnesses. He or she may therefore perform surgery on patients to treat fractures, strained muscles, and joint arthritis.
- It can also aid in the advancement of your knowledge of otorhinolaryngology and the development of your clinical proficiency in this area. Examining the course syllabus will help you determine whether to pursue a Master of Surgery in this field.
MS College Predictor
The MS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MS Admission Consultant
MS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MS Orthopaedics?
A. MS Orthopedics is a three-year postgraduate surgery course that falls under the umbrella of the Master of Surgery and therefore follows a similar foundation of the study. One of the leading specializations in the MS Orthopaedics Degree is acute, chronic, traumatic, overuse, and other musculoskeletal system disorders
Q. What is the duration of the MS Orthopaedics?
A. The duration of an MS in orthopedics is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS Orthopaedics?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MS Orthopaedics is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 50,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MS Orthopaedics?
A. The average fee range for MS Orthopaedics is between Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 40,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MS Orthopaedics?
A. Various jobs offered by MS Orthopaedics are Medical Consultant, Orthopedic Surgeon, Professor, Clinical Associate, and Orthopedic Assistant, etc
Q. Can I go for MS without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MS course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.