MS Obstetrics and Gynecology is a two-year postgraduate program that focuses on female reproductive organ wellbeing as well as pregnancy management. Obstetrics and gynecology is a medical specialty that includes the two subspecialties of obstetrics, which focuses on pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period, and gynecology, which examines the health of the female reproductive system, including the vagina, uterus, ovaries, and breasts. Obstetrician/Gynecologist, Senior Registrar, Lecturer, Clinical Associate, Junior Consultant, Senior Resident, Consultant, Key Accounts Manager, General Physician, and other positions are available to qualified candidates. Students interested in pursuing an MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology must first obtain an MBBS degree. They will then be able to apply for this course.
Admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MS course is determined by the candidate’s performance in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates Postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Highlights
- 2 Why should you pursue a career in MS Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
- 3 MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Syllabus
- 4 MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Entrance Exams
- 5 MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Fees Structure
- 6 MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Courses Average Salary Range
- 7 MS Courses Eligibility
- 8 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 9 MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Scope & Career Opportunities
- 10 MS College Predictor
- 11 MS Admission Consultant
- 12 Frequently Asked question
- 12.1 Q. What is an MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
- 12.2 Q. What is the duration of the MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
- 12.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
- 12.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
- 12.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
- 12.6 Q. Can I go for MS without an MBBS?
MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Highlights
|Name of Course||MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|Admission||Admission to MS course can only be done on the basis of NEET MS Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 23,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Hospital Registrar, Gynecologist Physician, Obstetrician, Medical Officer, Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative, Clinical Associate|
Why should you pursue a career in MS Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
- The Master of Surgery in Obstetrics and Gynecology is a very specialized degree. It focuses on women’s and their offspring’s reproductive health. In addition to performing keyhole surgery and treating infertility, a doctor in this field can offer both women and men a range of advice.
- Successful professionals in practice are paid well in government healthcare facilities, care homes, pharmacological institutions, private doctors, treatment centers, defensive system hospitals, nursing homes, universities and colleges, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), clinical research institutes, healthcare centers, polyclinics, and so on.
- Graduates can find employment in a range of places, such as polyclinics, hospitals, medical centers, etc. They can also work as a general practitioner, gynecologist physician, medical officer, pharmaceutical sales representative, clinical associates, etc.
- MS in Obstetrics & Gynecology postgraduates are in high demand as they possess expert surgical skills as well as medical expertise. To be the best in this field, all interested candidates must therefore have a few fundamental as well as necessary skills.
MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MS First Year||Semester 1|
|Obstetrics including Diseases of NeonatesRecent Advances in Obstetrics & GynaecologyLong Case (s)|
|Basic Sciences as related to Obstetrics & GynaecologyPrinciples and Practice of Gynaecology and Gynaecological PathologyShort Case (s)|
|MS Second Year||Semester 3|
|Common Obstetrical OperationsAsphyxia, Obstetrics PathologyOral Sessions|
|Common Disorders & Systemic Diseases Associated with PregnancyManagement of Premature ChildComplication in Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Entrance Exams
|MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||NEET PG Exam|
MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||Rs.1,00,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MS course fees in private colleges and MS course fees in government colleges.
MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Courses Average Salary Range
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|Obstetrician/ Gynaecologist||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 14,00,000/-|
|Clinical Associates||Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 6,00,000/-|
|General Physician||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 9,00,000/-|
|General Physician||Rs. 6,80,000/- to Rs. 16,00,000/-|
|Hospital Registrar||Rs. 10. 00,000/- to Rs. 17,00,000/-|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology Professor||Rs.6,00,000/- to Rs.8,50,000/-|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology Consultant||Rs. 13,00,000/- to Rs.20,50,000/-|
Graduating from the MS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MS Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MS. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology Scope & Career Opportunities
- The Master of Surgery in Obstetrics and Gynecology degree is highly specialized. It focuses on the reproductive health of women and their children. A doctor in this field can provide both women and men with a variety of advice in addition to performing keyhole surgery and treating infertility.
- Successful practitioners are well compensated in government healthcare facilities, care homes, pharmaceutical institutions, private doctors, treatment centers, defensive system hospitals, nursing homes, universities and colleges, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), clinical research institutes, healthcare centers, polyclinics, and other settings.
- Students in the MS Obstetrics and Gynecology program are accepted by numerous government hospitals, colleges, polyclinics, etc. for a long-term association. Key Account Managers, professors, Senior Registrars, and other positions in the Central Government are open to MS in Obstetrics & Gynecology holders. The average salary for government jobs in obstetrics and gynecology is about Rs. 15,00,000/-
- The scope of the MS in Obstetrics & Gynecology opens up a wide range of employment options in healthcare facilities, hospitals, and other medical settings. Where medical professionals are needed, private medical institutes, universities, hospitals, and clinics offer private employment opportunities. The MS Obstetrics and Gynecology salary in India is Rs. 20,00,000/-
MS College Predictor
The MS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the Medical colleges of their choice. The MS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MS Admission Consultant
MS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
A. MS in Obstetrics and gynecology is a two-year postgraduate program that emphasizes pregnancy management and the health of female reproductive organs. Gynecology and obstetrics are two subspecialties of medicine that focus on the health of the female reproductive system, including the vagina, uterus, ovaries, and breasts. Obstetrics focuses on pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period.
Q. What is the duration of the MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
A. The duration of an MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology is 2 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology is Between Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 23,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
A. The average fees range for MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology is between Rs. 1,00,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology?
A. Various jobs offered by the MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology are Hospital Registrar, Gynecologist Physician, Obstetrician, Medical Officer, Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative, Clinical Associate
Q. Can I go for MS without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MS course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.