Dental colleges in Chhattisgarh equip students with the in-depth knowledge and abilities necessary to work as qualified dental professionals. Dental colleges in Chhattisgarh offer a variety of courses that are intended to give students both theoretical and practical training in various facets of dentistry. The dental curriculum includes various subjects such as anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, microbiology, dental materials, and oral medicine. Additionally, the curriculum also includes specialized subjects like periodontics, prosthodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, endodontics, pedodontics, and orthodontics. The curriculum for undergraduate and postgraduate courses
Dental schools in Chhattisgarh provide instruction and practical experience in the most recent dental innovations in addition to the standard curriculum. This aids students in staying current with the most recent advancements and innovations in dentistry.
Additionally, Chhattisgarh’s dental schools give students the chance to take part in community service projects where they can help underprivileged communities by spreading dental awareness and providing care. These initiatives aid students in cultivating a sense of civic duty and community empathy.
Chhattisgarh’s dental colleges place a strong emphasis on teaching students how to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally. Interprofessional cooperation, ethical behavior, and effective patient communication are all taught to students. Dental education at Chhattisgarh’s dental colleges gives students a solid foundation in the field and equips them to offer the community high-quality dental care.
- 1 Dental Course Facts
- 2 Why is Chattisgarh a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- 3 About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023
- 7 Counselling Registration
- 8 Counselling Process
- 9 Documents required
- 10 Counselling Fee
- 11 Eligibility Criteria
- 12 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 13 Participating Dental Colleges
- 14 Frequently Asked Questions
- 15 Q. What is the eligibility criteria to get admission into a dental college in Chhattisgarh?
- 16 Q. What is the duration of the BDS course in Chhattisgarh?
- 17 Q. What is the fee structure for the BDS course in Chhattisgarh dental colleges?
- 18 Q. What are the career options after completing a BDS course in Chhattisgarh?
- 19 Q. Are there any scholarships available for BDS students in Chhattisgarh?
- 20 Q. What are the top dental colleges in Chhattisgarh?
- 21 Q. Is there any reservation policy in dental colleges in Chhattisgarh?
- 22 Q. Is it necessary to do an internship after completing BDS in Chhattisgarh
- 23 Q. What is the admission process for dental courses in Chhattisgarh?
Dental Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET UG Exam||NEET-MDS Exam|
|Approval From||National Dental Commission||National Dental Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||BDS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Dental Colleges in India||Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, DelhiManipal College of Dental Sciences, ManipalGovernment Dental College and Hospital, MumbaiNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiSDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, ChennaiChristian Dental College, LudhianaNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiGovernment Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai|
|Popular Dental Colleges In Chattisgarh||Rungta College of Dental Sciences and Research, BhilaiNew Horizon Dental College and Research Institute, BilaspurChhattisgarh Dental College and Research Institute, RajnandgaonMaitri College of Dentistry and Research Centre, DurgTriveni Institute of Dental Sciences, Hospital and Research Centre, Bilaspur||Rungta College of Dental Sciences and Research, BhilaiNew Horizon Dental College and Research Institute, BilaspurChhattisgarh Dental College and Research Institute, RajnandgaonMaitri College of Dentistry and Research Centre, DurgTriveni Institute of Dental Sciences, Hospital and Research Centre, Bilaspur.|
Why is Chattisgarh a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- Chhattisgarh has emerged as a popular destination for dental aspirants in recent years due to several factors. The state has a growing healthcare industry with a high demand for dental services. This has led to an increase in the number of dental clinics and hospitals, creating a need for qualified dental professionals.
- The state government has taken several initiatives to promote dental education in the region. This includes establishing new dental colleges and providing financial assistance to students from economically weaker sections.
- Dental colleges in Chhattisgarh offer quality education at an affordable cost compared to other states. The fees for dental courses are relatively lower, and the cost of living in Chhattisgarh is also reasonable.
- Chhattisgarh is known for its rich cultural heritage and natural beauty, making it an attractive destination for students seeking a holistic college experience.
About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- Dentistry is a field of medicine that focuses on the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions affecting the mouth, maxillofacial region, and related structures. The knowledge and skills needed to work in the dental industry are taught in dental courses. In India, the two primary dental programs are the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) and the MDS (Master of Dental Surgery).
- An internship of one year is included in the five-year BDS program, which is an undergraduate dental program. Among the topics covered in the course are anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, dental materials, dental histology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and community dentistry. Additionally, students receive practical training in prosthodontics, root canal therapy, tooth extraction, and fillings.
- The three-year MDS program is a postgraduate program in dentistry. The goal of the course is to give students advanced knowledge and skills in a variety of dental specialties, including prosthodontics, orthodontics, pedodontics, periodontics, conservative dentistry, and endodontics. In order to graduate from the MDS program, students must complete a research project.
- Students must have a solid background in biology and science to be successful in both BDS and MDS courses. Additionally, students should be very skilled with their hands, have good communication skills, and focus on the needs of their patients when doing their work. Graduates from dental schools with a BDS or MDS degree can find employment as dental specialists in public and private clinics, research centers, and educational settings.
Career Opportunities & Scope
With technological and scientific advancements, the field of dentistry is also rapidly expanding. The demand for dental services is rising along with the population, presenting more career opportunities for dental specialists. Additionally, the growing emphasis on preventive care and early intervention is opening up more opportunities for dental professionals due to the increased awareness of oral health and hygiene. Following are a few of the career options open to BDS and MDS graduates:
- Private Practice: Graduates of BDS or MDS programs can open their own private practices and offer patients dental care after completing their programs. For those who have the entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take risks, private practice can be a lucrative option.
- Hospital dentistry: Many hospitals have dental departments where dental specialists collaborate with other medical specialists to offer patients comprehensive medical care.
- Academician: Graduates with an MDS degree can work in research and teaching capacities at dental universities and colleges. Additionally, they can work toward a Ph.D. in dentistry and advance the subject through research.
- Dentistry for public health: Dentists can work for governmental and non-governmental institutions that prioritize promoting dental health and preventing dental diseases.
- Dental Industry: The dental industry has a variety of career options, including sales, marketing, and the design and development of dental tools and supplies.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
The salary range for dental professionals in India varies depending on factors such as qualifications, experience, location, and the nature of the job. Here is an approximate salary range for various job profiles in the dental field:
|Job Profile||Salary Range|
|BDS fresher||Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- Per Month|
|MDS fresher||Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- Per Month|
|Private Practice||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-Per Month|
|Hospital Dentistry||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/-Per Month|
|Academician||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
|Public Health Dentistry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 70,000/- Per Month|
|Dental Industry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
The increasing awareness about oral health and hygiene is leading to a greater demand for preventive care and early intervention, creating more job opportunities for dental professionals. The job outlook for dental professionals in India is positive, with plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement in the field.
Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official CGDME counseling website: www.cgdme.admissions.nic.in.
- Complete the online registration/application form yourself. Do not use agents or third parties.
- Register only once; multiple registrations will result in disqualification.
Step 2: Fill Up the Registration form
- Candidates are required to fill the all personal and qualification details in the registration form very cautiously.
Step 2: Information Accuracy
- Verify that all information provided during registration is accurate and factual.
- CGDME will not entertain requests for changes after submission.
Step 3: No Editing of Information
- CGDME does not edit or modify any registration information under any circumstances.
- Data entered on the NTA portal will be used for counseling purposes.
Step 4: Confirm Eligibility and Fee Structure
- Confirm your eligibility and domicile status before registering.
- Verify the fee structure and any additional fees from colleges, especially private ones.
Step 5: Central Pool Seats
- CGDME does not handle Central Pool nomination seats.
- Candidates should be aware of this and seek information elsewhere if needed.
Step 7: Registration and Security Deposit Refund Fees
- Make the payment for the Registration and Security Deposit Refund Fees. Any security deposit will be refunded to the same account from which it was initially deposited.
Counselling Registration Fees
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website for Chhattisgarh NEET Counselling 2023 (Click Here).
- Click on the “Counselling Registration” or a similar link.
Step 2: Online Registration
- Create an account or log in if you already have one.
- Fill in your personal details accurately, including your name, date of birth, contact information, NEET Roll Number, and other required information.
Step 3: Rounds for the counselling
Round 1: Seat Allotment with Free Exit Option
- All candidates can participate in Round 1.
- Choose your preferences for colleges and courses.
- After the seat allotment in Round 1, candidates have the option to exit without losing their security deposit.
Round 2: Fresh Choices and Forfeiture Rules
- Only candidates who wish to continue to Round 2 participate.
- You can select new preferences for colleges and courses in Round 2.
- Results of Round 2 will be published on the CGDME counseling website.
- If a candidate is allotted a seat in Round 2 (Government or Private medical colleges) and chooses not to take admission or resigns after admission, their security deposit will be forfeited. They will also be ineligible for further counseling rounds.
Mop-Up Round: Eligibility and Process
- All registered candidates who haven’t been allotted any seat after Round 2 are eligible.
- Candidates admitted in Government or Private Dental Colleges but still unallotted for Medical Colleges are eligible.
- Participate by filling fresh choices for the Mop-Up Round.
- The results of the Mop-Up Round will be published on the CGDME counseling website.
- Report to the allotted Medical/Dental College after the Mop-Up Round.
Final Stray Vacancy Round: Compliance with Supreme Court Judgment
- This round is for State contributed seats and is conducted in compliance with a Supreme Court judgment.
- A merit list containing ten times the number of available seats is sent to the respective colleges for scrutiny and admission.
- No fresh registrations occur in the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
Step 4: Merit List
- NEET admit card/ result
- Class 10 mark sheet/ birth certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Caste/ category certificate (if applicable)
- Chhattisgarh State Residential Certificate
- Chhattisgarh State Character Certificate
- Income Certificate(for OBC candidates)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Freedom Fighter Certificate issued by Collectorate (if applicable)
- Allotment Letter
- Aadhaar Card/Other Photo Identity Proof
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Nationality||Indian citizens and eligible NRI candidates.|
|Age Limit||Minimum age limit: 17 years as of December 31, 2023.|
|Educational Qualifications||Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects.|
|NEET Qualification||Should have qualified in the NEET-UG 2023 examination and obtained the minimum required percentile/cutoff score as determined by the authorities.|
|Domicile Requirement||Candidates must be residents of Chhattisgarh or fulfill specific domicile requirements set by the state authorities.|
|Category Reservation||Reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC) should meet the relevant criteria and provide valid certificates during the counselling process.|
|Age Relaxation||Some relaxation in the upper age limit may be applicable for reserved categories|
|Medical Fitness||Candidates must meet the medical fitness standards as per the guidelines issued by the respective authorities.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Participating Dental Colleges
Government Dental Colleges in Chattisgarh:
|College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees Structure|
|Govt. Dental College, Raipur, Chhattisgarh||Ayush & Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur||Government||2003||100||—|
Private Dental Colleges in Chattisgarh:
|College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees Structure|
|Chattisgarh Dental College & Research Institute, Rajnandgaon||Ayush & Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur||Private||2001||100||Rs. 2,29,910/-|
|New Horizon Dental College & Research Instiute, Bilaspur||Ayush & Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur||Private||2006||100||Rs. 2,51,989/-|
|Maitri College of Dentistry and Research Centre, Durg||Ayush & Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur||Private||2005||100||Rs. 2,39,910/-|
|Rungta College of Dental Sciences & Research, Bhilai||Ayush & Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur||Private||2005||2005||Rs. 2,21,115/-|
|Triveni Institute of Dental Sciences, Hosptial & Research Centre, Bilaspur||Ayush & Health Sciences University of Chhattisgarh, Raipur||Private||2008||2005||Rs. 2,51,989/-|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the eligibility criteria to get admission into a dental college in Chhattisgarh?
A. The candidate should have completed their 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects. Additionally, they should have appeared and qualified in the NEET-UG entrance exam.
Q. What is the duration of the BDS course in Chhattisgarh?
A. The BDS course in Chhattisgarh is for a duration of 5 years, which includes 4 years of classroom learning and 1 year of internship.
Q. What is the fee structure for the BDS course in Chhattisgarh dental colleges?
A. The fee structure for the BDS course varies from college to college. It ranges between Rs. 2-4 lakhs per annum. Additionally, candidates are also required to pay for other expenses such as hostel fees, examination fees, and other charges.
Q. What are the career options after completing a BDS course in Chhattisgarh?
A. After completing a BDS course in Chhattisgarh, one can opt for further studies such as MDS or pursue a career as a dentist in private or government hospitals, clinics, and dental care centers. One can also start their own dental practice.
Q. Are there any scholarships available for BDS students in Chhattisgarh?
A. Yes, there are various scholarships available for BDS students in Chhattisgarh such as the Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST students, the OBC Scholarship, and the National Scholarship Scheme.
Q. What are the top dental colleges in Chhattisgarh?
A. Some of the top dental colleges in Chhattisgarh include Rungta College of Dental Sciences and Research, Chhattisgarh Dental College and Research Institute, and New Horizon Dental College and Research Institute.
Q. Is there any reservation policy in dental colleges in Chhattisgarh?
A. Yes, the reservation policy in Chhattisgarh dental colleges is as per the norms set by the state government. Seats are reserved for various categories such as SC, ST, OBC, and Physically Handicapped.
Q. Is it necessary to do an internship after completing BDS in Chhattisgarh
A. Yes, it is necessary to complete a one-year internship after completing BDS in Chhattisgarh. The internship provides practical training to the students, and it is mandatory for obtaining a degree.
Q. What is the admission process for dental courses in Chhattisgarh?
A. The admission process for dental courses in Chhattisgarh is based on the marks obtained in the NEET exam. Candidates who have cleared NEET can apply for the counselling process conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education, Chhattisgarh. The counselling process includes registration, choice filling, seat allotment, and document verification.