Dental Colleges in Manipur are evolving in the of education due to the popularity of the dental field among youngsters. Dental education in Manipur has witnessed significant development with the establishment of reputable dental colleges in the state. The dental college in Manipur aims to provide high-quality dental education and training to aspiring dental professionals, contributing to the overall improvement of oral healthcare in the region.
The dental colleges in Manipur offer Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programs, which are designed to equip students with the necessary knowledge, skills, and practical training required to become competent dental practitioners. The curriculum encompasses a comprehensive study of basic medical and dental sciences, along with extensive clinical exposure to various dental procedures and treatments.
The dental college in Manipur places a strong emphasis on patient care and practical experience in addition to academic instruction. Students have the chance to treat patients while being supervised by knowledgeable faculty members, which helps them hone their clinical abilities and cultivate a compassionate attitude toward patient care.
The colleges promote research endeavors and offers students a venue on which to conduct research projects and present their findings at seminars and conferences. This encourages a culture of innovation and scientific inquiry among the students, advancing dental research.
Manipur’s dental colleges also takes a proactive role in community outreach initiatives by planning dental camps, oral health awareness drives, and dental checkup drives. These programs not only offer the neighborhood’s residents important dental care, but they also give students a chance to give back to the community and learn about a variety of oral health issues.
- 1 Dental Course Facts
- 2 Why is Manipur a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- 3 About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Manipur NEET Counseling 2023
- 7 Counselling Registration
- 8 Counselling Process
- 9 Documents Required
- 10 Counselling Fee
- 11 MCC Counselling Process
- 12 Eligibility Criteria
- 13 Participating Dental Colleges
- 14 NEET College Predictors
- 15 NEET Rank Predictors
- 16 Expert Admission Consultants
- 17 Frequently Asked Questions
- 18 Q: How can I get admission to a dental college in Manipur?
- 19 Q: What is the duration of the BDS course in Manipur?
- 20 Q: Are dental colleges in Manipur affiliated with any university?
- 21 Q: What are the facilities available at dental colleges in Manipur?
- 22 Q: Is hostel accommodation available for dental students in Manipur?
- 23 Q: Are dental colleges in Manipur recognized by the National Dental Commission?
- 24 Q: Do dental colleges in Manipur provide clinical exposure to students?
- 25 Q: What is the medium of instruction in dental colleges in Manipur?
- 26 Q: Are there opportunities for research and publication in dental colleges in Manipur?
- 27 Q: How is the overall campus life in dental colleges in Manipur?
Dental Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG Exam||NEET-MDS Exam|
|Approval From||National Dental Commission||National Dental Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||BDS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Dental Colleges in India||Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, DelhiManipal College of Dental Sciences, ManipalGovernment Dental College and Hospital, MumbaiNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiSDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, ChennaiChristian Dental College, LudhianaNair Hospital Dental College, MumbaiGovernment Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai|
|Popular Dental Colleges In Manipur||Dental College, Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical SciencesDental College, RIMS, Imphal||Dental College, Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical SciencesDental College, RIMS, Imphal|
Why is Manipur a popular destination for Dental aspirants?
- Quality Dental Education: Manipur offers high-quality dental education with the presence of reputed dental colleges in the state. These colleges have well-structured curriculum, experienced faculty, and modern infrastructure, ensuring comprehensive learning and skill development for students.
- Accreditation and Recognition: Dental colleges in Manipur are recognized and accredited by the Dental Council of India (DCI) and affiliated with reputed universities. This ensures that the education and degrees obtained from these colleges hold national recognition and are accepted across the country.
- Experienced Faculty: Manipur’s dental colleges boast a team of experienced faculty members who are experts in their respective fields. They provide guidance, mentorship, and support to the students, helping them acquire in-depth knowledge and develop practical skills necessary for a successful dental career.
- Clinical Exposure: Dental colleges in Manipur offer ample clinical exposure to students, providing them with opportunities to gain hands-on experience in treating patients. This exposure helps students refine their clinical skills, develop a professional approach, and build confidence in providing dental care.
- Modern Infrastructure: The dental colleges in Manipur are equipped with modern infrastructure, including well-equipped dental clinics, laboratories, libraries, and research facilities. This ensures that students have access to the latest dental equipment and technology, enabling them to stay updated with advancements in the field of dentistry.
- Research and Innovation: Manipur’s dental colleges encourage research and innovation among students. They give students opportunities to conduct research projects, present their findings at conferences, and advance dental science. This encourages a culture of academic excellence and sparks the intellectual curiosity of those aspiring to careers in dentistry.
- Cultural Diversity: Manipur is known for its rich cultural heritage and diverse ethnic communities. Dental aspirants who choose Manipur as their educational destination get an opportunity to immerse themselves in a unique cultural experience, interact with people from different backgrounds, and broaden their horizons.
About Dental Courses (BDS & MDS)
- Dentistry is a field of medicine that focuses on the investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions affecting the mouth, maxillofacial region, and related structures. The knowledge and skills needed to work in the dental industry are taught in dental courses. In India, the two primary dental programs are the BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) and the MDS (Master of Dental Surgery).
- An internship of one year is included in the five-year BDS program, which is an undergraduate dental program. Among the topics covered in the course are anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, dental materials, dental histology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and community dentistry. Additionally, students receive practical training in prosthodontics, root canal therapy, tooth extraction, and fillings.
- The three-year MDS program is a postgraduate program in dentistry. The goal of the course is to give students advanced knowledge and skills in a variety of dental specialties, including prosthodontics, orthodontics, pedodontics, periodontics, conservative dentistry, and endodontics. In order to graduate from the MDS program, students must complete a research project.
- Students must have a solid background in biology and science to be successful in both BDS and MDS courses. Additionally, students should be very skilled with their hands, have good communication skills, and focus on the needs of their patients when doing their work. Graduates from dental schools with a BDS or MDS degree can find employment as dental specialists in public and private clinics, research centers, and educational settings.
Career Opportunities & Scope
With technological and scientific advancements, the field of dentistry is also rapidly expanding. The demand for dental services is rising along with the population, presenting more career opportunities for dental specialists. Additionally, the growing emphasis on preventive care and early intervention is opening up more opportunities for dental professionals due to the increased awareness of oral health and hygiene. Following are a few of the career options open to BDS and MDS graduates:
- Private Practice: Graduates of BDS or MDS programs can open their own private practices and offer patients dental care after completing their programs. For those who have the entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to take risks, private practice can be a lucrative option.
- Hospital dentistry: Many hospitals have dental departments where dental specialists collaborate with other medical specialists to offer patients comprehensive medical care.
- Academician: Graduates with an MDS degree can work in research and teaching capacities at dental universities and colleges. Additionally, they can work toward a Ph.D. in dentistry and advance the subject through research.
- Dentistry for public health: Dentists can work for governmental and non-governmental institutions that prioritize promoting dental health and preventing dental diseases.
- Dental Industry: The dental industry has a variety of career options, including sales, marketing, and the design and development of dental tools and supplies.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
The salary range for dental professionals in India varies depending on factors such as qualifications, experience, location, and the nature of the job. Here is an approximate salary range for various job profiles in the dental field:
|Job Profile||Salary Range|
|BDS fresher||Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- Per Month|
|MDS fresher||Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- Per Month|
|Private Practice||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 2,00,000/-Per Month|
|Hospital Dentistry||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/-Per Month|
|Academician||Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
|Public Health Dentistry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 70,000/- Per Month|
|Dental Industry||Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Month|
The increasing awareness about oral health and hygiene is leading to a greater demand for preventive care and early intervention, creating more job opportunities for dental professionals. The job outlook for dental professionals in India is positive, with plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement in the field.
Manipur NEET Counseling 2023
Step 1: Visit the Official Website
- Go to the official website designated for Manipur NEET Counseling 2023 (Click Here). You can search for it online.
Step 2: Registration
- Look for the “Registration” or “New Candidate Registration” link on the website’s homepage and click on it.
Step 3: Enter Details
- Fill in the required information accurately. This typically includes your NEET roll number, name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, and other details as requested.
Step 4: Create a Password
- Create a strong password for your account, following the specified criteria (usually a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters).
Step 5: Verify Information
- Double-check all the details you’ve entered to ensure accuracy.
Step 6: Submit
- Once you’re confident that the information is correct, click the “Submit” or “Register” button.
Step 7: Confirmation
- After successful registration, you will receive a confirmation message or email. This confirmation may include a unique registration ID or reference number.
Step 1: Log In
- Visit the official website for Manipur NEET Counseling (Click Here) and log in using your NEET roll number and the password you created during registration.
Step 2: Personal Details Verification
- Verify your personal information displayed on the dashboard. Ensure it’s accurate.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Select and prioritize your preferred medical and dental colleges and courses from the available options based on your NEET rank.
Step 4: Lock Choices
- After making your selections, lock your choices within the specified deadline. Once locked, you can’t change them.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Wait for the counseling authority to announce the seat allotment results. You’ll be informed about the college and course allocated to you.
Step 6: Accept or Reject Allotment
- If you’re satisfied with the allotted seat, you can choose to accept it. If not, you may reject it and participate in subsequent counseling rounds.
Step 7: Reporting
- If you accept the allotted seat, follow the instructions provided to report to the allocated college within the given timeframe. You may need to pay admission fees and provide necessary documents.
Step 8: Subsequent Rounds (Optional)
- If you reject the initial seat allotment or wish to participate in further rounds, you can do so. Repeat the choice filling and seat allotment process for subsequent rounds.
Step 9: Final Reporting
- Once you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, complete the final reporting process at the allocated college to confirm your admission.
- 3 recent passport size photographs (including one 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm size)
- Age proof Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Marksheet of the qualifying exam
- SC / ST Certificate
- Ex-Serviceman / Armed Forces Personnel Certificate
- Meritorious Sportsperson Certificate
- Banker’s Cheque / Demand Draft / By Cash
- Domicile / Residential / Employment Certificate (as per enclosed formats)
- Mark sheets of 10 + 2 / B.Sc. & earlier qualifying exam. (For B.Sc.Candidates)
- Admit Card of the qualifying exam. (pending declaration of result)
- Disability Certificate (To obtain from the Medical Board, Medical Directorate, Lamphel).
- OBC Certificate
- NEET Score Card
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:ROUND-1:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
|Domicile||For Manipur NEET admission , the candidate must be a genuine resident of the state. However, applicants from all North-East states, including Sikkim, are eligible to apply for admission to the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences.|
NEET UG Cutoff
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Participating Dental Colleges
Government Dental Colleges in Manipur:
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees Structure|
|1||Dental College, Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences||Manipur University Canchipur, Imphal, Manipur||Government||2017||50||Rs. 45,700/-|
|2||Dental College of Regional Institute of Medical Sciences Imphal||Manipur University Canchipur, Imphal, Manipur||Government||2013||50||Rs. 29,110/-|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I get admission to a dental college in Manipur?
A: Admission to dental colleges in Manipur is usually based on entrance exams conducted at the national or state level. The most common entrance exam is the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for undergraduate dental courses (BDS). Candidates must qualify for the entrance exam and meet the eligibility criteria set by the respective dental college.
Q: What is the duration of the BDS course in Manipur?
A: The Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course in Manipur has a duration of five years, which includes four years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship.
Q: Are dental colleges in Manipur affiliated with any university?
A: Yes, dental colleges in Manipur are affiliated with recognized universities or dental councils. The degrees awarded by these colleges are usually affiliated with the respective state university or recognized by the National Dental Commission.
Q: What are the facilities available at dental colleges in Manipur?
A: Dental colleges in Manipur are equipped with modern facilities, including well-equipped dental clinics, laboratories, classrooms, libraries, and research facilities. They have the latest dental equipment and technology to provide students with hands-on training and a conducive learning environment.
Q: Is hostel accommodation available for dental students in Manipur?
A: Yes, most dental colleges in Manipur provide hostel accommodation for students. The hostels are well-maintained and offer a safe and comfortable living environment for students pursuing their dental education.
Q: Are dental colleges in Manipur recognized by the National Dental Commission?
A: Yes, dental colleges in Manipur are recognized and approved by the National Dental Commission, which is the regulatory body for dental education in India. The colleges adhere to the guidelines and standards set by the DCI to ensure quality education and training.
Q: Do dental colleges in Manipur provide clinical exposure to students?
A: Yes, dental colleges in Manipur provide extensive clinical exposure to students. They have well-equipped dental clinics where students can gain practical experience by treating patients under the guidance of experienced faculty members. This clinical exposure is essential for students to develop their clinical skills and confidence in handling various dental procedures.
Q: What is the medium of instruction in dental colleges in Manipur?
A: The medium of instruction in dental colleges in Manipur is generally English. Lectures, practical sessions, and examinations are conducted in English to ensure effective communication and comprehension among students and faculty members.
Q: Are there opportunities for research and publication in dental colleges in Manipur?
A: Yes, dental colleges in Manipur encourage research activities among students and faculty members. They provide platforms for conducting research projects, publishing research papers in scientific journals, and participating in national and international conferences. Research activities contribute to the advancement of dental science and provide opportunities for students to explore their interests and contribute to the field.
Q: How is the overall campus life in dental colleges in Manipur?
A: Dental colleges in Manipur offer a vibrant campus life with a mix of academic, extracurricular, and cultural activities. Students can participate in various student organizations, clubs, and events, fostering a sense of community and personal development. The colleges may also organize annual fests, sports events, and cultural programs, providing opportunities for students to showcase their talents and socialize with peers.