MD in Community Medicine is a three-year doctoral program in community medicine that concentrates on population and community health in any given area. Through health protection, health promotion, and disease prevention, the courses equip students with the knowledge and abilities they need to work for the health of those in need and deliver better, more modern healthcare to populations. The course focuses on administration and leadership skills, as well as public health, and is open to anyone interested in a career in medicine. After graduation, the student will be eligible for a variety of post-graduate fellowships in the field of community health.
Admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD course is determined by a candidate’s performance in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
MD in Community medicine Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in Community medicine|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs, 50,000/- to Rs. 9,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 12,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||epidemiologist, Public Health Project Manager, Health Program Manager, Physician, Research Officer, Public Health Officer, Consultant Internal Medicine, Clinical Research Assistant Professor, etc.|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Community medicine?
- MD Community Medicine provides numerous benefits and financially rewarding prospects for developing a good and thriving professional life. Job stability is much higher in this field because graduates are most often decided to hire by top and respected government organizations such as hospitals, ICMR, and so on, as well as top Healthcare companies such as Fortis Healthcare, MAX Healthcare, and so on.
- The average salary after completing the course is quite high, with graduates earning well over Rs. 12,00,000/- per annum. While it is a rewarding field to work in, it is also extremely demanding and requires a great deal of dedication. A doctorate in this field can lead to a variety of opportunities in health care, including work in the country’s poorest areas.
- MD Community Medicine job opportunities in the private sector include many private jobs inside the healthcare profession with other areas such as healthcare centers, hospitals, laboratories, medical colleges, medical foundations/trusts, non-profit organizations, and so on.
MD in Community medicine Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MD First Year||Semester 1|
|History Of Public HealthConcepts In Community MedicineEpidemiology|
|BiostatisticsResearch MethodsEpidemiology For Specific Diseases|
|MD Second Year||Semester 3.|
|Health ManagementHealth EconomicsHealth Services|
|NutritionEnvironmental HealthOccupational Health And Safety|
|MD Third Year||Semester 5|
|Population ScienceGeneticsMental Health|
|Medical SociologyBehavioral SciencePedagogy|
MD in Community medicine Courses Entrance Exams
|MD in Community medicine||NEET PG Exam|
MD in Community medicine Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD in Community medicine||Rs, 50,000/- to Rs. 9,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD in Community medicine Courses Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Epidemiologist||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Physician||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Internal medicine consultant||Rs. 12,00,000/- To Rs. 12,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Public health manager||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 23,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD in Community medicine Scope & Career Opportunities
- Graduates of the program typically earn well over Rs. 12,00,000 annually, which is quite a high salary. Despite being a rewarding profession, it is also very demanding and necessitates a lot of dedication. With a doctorate in this area, you may be able to work in some of the most underserved regions of the nation.
- MD (Community Medicine) offers a wealth of advantages and financially rewarding opportunities for building a successful and happy professional life. Because top government agencies like hospitals, the ICMR, and other reputable institutions regularly choose to hire graduates in this field, as well as top healthcare businesses like Fortis Healthcare, MAX Healthcare, and others, job stability in this field is much higher.
- Opportunities for employment in MD Community Medicine in the private sector span a wide range of positions in the healthcare industry, including positions in clinics, hospitals, laboratories, medical schools, medical foundations and trusts, non-profit organizations, and more.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is an MD in community medicine?
A. MD in Community Medicine is a three-year doctoral program in community medicine that concentrates on population and community health in any given area
Q. What is the duration of the MD in community medicine?
A. The duration of MD in community medicine is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in community medicine?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in community medicine is Between Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Community medicine?
A. A. The average fees range for MD in Community medicine is between Rs, 50,000/- to Rs. 9,00,000/-.
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD in Community medicine?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in Community medicine are epidemiologist, Public Health Project Manager, Health Program Manager, Physician, Research Officer, Public Health Officer, Consultant Internal Medicine, Clinical Research Assistant Professor etc
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.