MD Physiology is a three-year postgraduate program that focuses on the investigation of animal (including human) functions at all cellular, tissue, organ, and systemic levels. The course examines the function of living organisms at all levels, including cells, tissues, organ systems, and the entire body. The overarching goal is to describe the fundamental mechanisms at work in a living creature and how they interact. Graduates of this program are prepared to assist patients, researchers, and medical professionals in understanding the inner workings of the human body and how to correct problems when they arise. Students who want to pursue an MD in Family Medicine must first acquire an MBBS degree. They will then be qualified to submit an application for this course.
The performance of the candidate in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination determines admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD course. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates Postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while respective state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
MD in Family Medicine Highlights
|Name of Course||MD Physiology|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 25,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 15,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Professor, Demonstrator, Anatomy Trainer, Physiology Trainer, Lab Technician, Clinical Analyst, Trainee Medical Coder, Regulatory Affairs Manager|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Physiology?
- MD Physiology has a wide range of career opportunities. It depends on the course’s demand for an appropriate specialization. The primary focus of this course is the investigation of biological processes in living things. This course also covers the fundamentals of aberrant function in human disease and how to treat those diseases with cutting-edge technologies and translational research.
- Many job opportunities are offered by an MD Physiology course; graduates can pursue careers as professors, demonstrators, anatomy and physiology instructors, lab technicians, clinical analysts, trainee medical coders, physiotherapists, regulatory affairs managers, etc.
- Students who earn this degree will receive training in kinesiology, animal physiology, gene expression, and biochemistry. Additionally, you will be prepared for a career in research and development with a master’s in physiology.
- After completing an MD Physiology course, candidates have the option of finding employment or pursuing further education. A second degree in the same industry increases job prospects. Postgraduates can learn more about the subject and break into the Physiology field by pursuing higher education. Additionally, it might enable them to earn more money.
MD in Physiology Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MD First Year||Semester 1|
|General PhysiologyPhysiology of Excitable TissueNeurophysiologySpecial Science|
|BloodEndocrinology and MetabolismGastrointestinal FunctionExcretory System|
|MD Second Year||Semester 3.|
|Medical GastroenterologyEndocrinology including DiabetologyClinical BiochemistryHaematology|
|Clinical PathologyAnatomyCommunity medicineUrology|
|MD Third Year||Semester 5|
MD Physiology Courses Entrance Exams
|MD Physiology||NEET PG Exam|
MD Physiology Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD Physiology||Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 25,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD Physiology Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Anatomy Trainer||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 5,00,000 Per Annum|
|Professor||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Trainee Medical Coder||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Clinical Analyst||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Lab Technician||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Medical Officer||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 5,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD Physiology Scope & Career Opportunities
- The career options at MD Physiology are numerous. It depends on how much a suitable specialization is required by the course. The primary focus of this course is the investigation of biological processes in living things. The fundamentals of aberrant function in human disease are also covered in this course, as well as how to treat those diseases using cutting-edge technology and translational research.
- An MD Physiology program provides students with a wide range of employment options, including professorships, careers as demonstrators and instructors of anatomy and physiology, jobs as lab technicians and clinical analysts, jobs as trainee medical coders and physiotherapists, jobs as regulatory affairs managers, etc.
- Training in kinesiology, animal physiology, gene expression, and biochemistry will be provided to graduates with this degree. A master’s in physiology will also equip you for a career in research and development.
- Postgraduates in MD Physiology can find employment not only in India but also abroad. Higher education is an option for postgraduates who want to improve their chances of finding employment abroad.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD Physiology?
A. MD Physiology is a three-year postgraduate program that focuses on the investigation of animal (including human) functions at all cellular, tissue, organ, and systemic levels. The course examines the function of living organisms at all levels, including cells, tissues, organ systems, and the entire body
Q. What is the duration of the MD Physiology?
A. The duration of MD Physiology is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD Physiology?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD Physiology is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 15,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD Physiology?
A. The average fees range for MD Physiology is between Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 25,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD Physiology?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD Physiology are Teacher/ Lecturer, General Physician, Physiologist, Casualty Medical Officer, Consultant, etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.