MD Biochemistry is a three-year Postgraduate program that focuses on the structure, composition, as well as chemical reactions of substances in living things. Students may utilize their biochemistry understanding by deciding how to retrieve nutrition from disposal goods and creating techniques for extending the food product’s shelf life. Biologists in food science investigate ways of producing plentiful and cheap sources of nutritious foods, decide on the chemical structure of foods, and develop mechanisms to retrieve nutrients.
The performance of the candidate in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination determines admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD course. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates Postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while respective state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MD in Biochemistry Highlights
- 2 MD in Biochemistry Syllabus
- 3 MD in Biochemistry Courses Entrance Exams
- 4 MD in Biochemistry Medicine Fees Structure
- 5 MD in Biochemistry Courses Average Salary Range
- 6 MD Courses Eligibility
- 7 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 8 MD in Biochemistry Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- 9 MD College Predictor
- 10 MD Admission Consultant
- 11 Frequently Asked Question
- 11.1 Q. What is MD in Biochemistry course?
- 11.2 Q. What is the duration of MD in Biochemistry ?
- 11.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Biochemistry ?
- 11.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Biochemistry?
- 11.5 Q. What are the various jo profiles offered by MD in Biochemistry?
- 11.6 Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
MD in Biochemistry Highlights
|Name of Course
|MD in Biochemistry
|Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score
|National Medical Commission
|NEET PG Exam
|Average Fees Range
|Rs. 50,000 to Rs.10,00,000/-
|Average Salary Range
|Rs. 8,00,000/- to Rs. 15,00,000/-
|Clinical Biochemistry Assistant Professor, Tutor Demonstrator – Physiology Biochemistry Anatomy, Biochemistry Consultant, Biochemistry Laboratory Technician, etc
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Biochemistry?
- A biochemistry degree opens doors to new opportunities because graduates are equipped with a wide range of transferable skills. A biochemistry program’s curriculum includes topics such as problem-solving, data analysis, and process development. Students may also choose careers in fields other than medicine, such as finance, business, and education.
- Biochemistry doctoral program graduates can find employment in government organizations, small businesses, and the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. They can work as professors and lecturers in academic institutions, research labs, and private businesses that handle scientific cases. Other potential careers include those in dietetics and vaccine research.
- Physical and organic chemistries are both used in the fascinating field of biochemistry. It investigates how chemicals work in living systems.
- Graduates with a biochemistry degree have a wide range of exciting career options. Applications from graduates with any background are typically accepted by employers. Graduates of this field can work in government agencies, small businesses, academic labs, the pharmaceutical industry, small businesses, and small businesses. They can also pursue careers in technology and research.
MD in Biochemistry Syllabus
|MD First Year
|Introductory Biochemistry & Molecular BiochemistryBiochemistry of Hormones, Vitamins, Minerals, Enzymes & Clinical Biochemistry
|Recent Advances in Clinical Biochemistry & Biochemical MethodologiesBiochemistry of Body Metabolism
|MD Second Year
|Enzyme Kinetics/ElectrophoresisApplied BiochemistryRecent Advances
|Standard Curve/Paper Chromatography/TLCVirologyParasitology
|MD Third Year
|Research ProjectVirology and Parasitology
MD in Biochemistry Courses Entrance Exams
|MD in Biochemistry
|NEET PG Exam
MD in Biochemistry Medicine Fees Structure
|MD in Biochemistry
|Rs. 50,000 to Rs.10,00,000/-
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees have been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDcourse fees in government colleges.
MD in Biochemistry Courses Average Salary Range
|Rs. 7,00,000/- To Rs. 8,50,000/- Per Annum
|Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 5,00,000/- Per Annum
|Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 5,00,000/- Per Annum
|Research Scientist – Analytical Biochemistry
|Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 8,00,000/- Per Annum
|Rs. 3,50,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum
|Biochemistry Laboratory Technician
|Rs. 2,50,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the dental field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test
|Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.
|Candidate must complete a 1-year internship
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Cut off percentile
MD in Biochemistry Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- Graduates with degrees in biochemistry can choose from a variety of exciting career paths. Employers typically accept applications from graduates with any educational background. Graduates from this discipline can find employment in governmental organizations, small businesses, academic research facilities, the pharmaceutical sector, small businesses, and small businesses. They may also choose to work in research and technology.
- Because biochemistry graduates possess a wide range of transferable skills, their degrees open doors to new opportunities. The curriculum of a biochemistry program covers things like problem-solving, data analysis, and process development. In addition to careers in medicine, students can choose careers in finance, business, and education.
- Graduates of the biochemistry doctoral program can find work in government agencies, small businesses, and the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. They can work as professors and lecturers in academic institutions, research laboratories, and private companies that deal with scientific cases. Dietetics and vaccine research are two other possible careers.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What is MD in Biochemistry course?
A. MD Biochemistry is a three-year Postgraduate program that examines the structure, composition, and chemical reactions of substances found in living things.
Q. What is the duration of MD in Biochemistry ?
A. The duration of the MD in Biochemistry course is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Biochemistry ?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Biochemistry is Between Rs. 50,000 to Rs.10,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Biochemistry?
A. The average fees range for MD in Biochemistry is between Rs. 8,00,000/- to Rs. 15,00,000/-
Q. What are the various jo profiles offered by MD in Biochemistry?
A. Various job offered by the MD in Biochemistry is Clinical Biochemistry Assistant Professor, Tutor Demonstrator – Physiology Biochemistry Anatomy, Biochemistry Consultant, Biochemistry Laboratory Technician, etc
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.