MD in Pathology is a 3-year post-graduate course that deals with the study of pathology and the diagnosis of disease through the examination of organs, tissues, bodily fluids, and whole bodies (autopsies). The branch deals with diagnostic, testing, and treatment methods using genetic technologies, thus underpinning the concept of patient care and the prevention of diseases. Physicians practicing pathology are called pathologists. It is an excellent option for anyone looking to advance their medical career. Students who want to pursue an MD in Pathology must first obtain an MBBS degree. After that, they will be eligible to apply for this.
For the purpose of determining a candidate’s eligibility for admission to different government and private medical colleges for the MD program, the National Testing Agency’s (NTA) NEET exam results are used. According to the AIQ quota, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) is in charge of and manages postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats, and state counseling organizations are in charge of counseling for the other 50% of seats.
MD in Pathology Highlights
|Name of Course||MD in Pathology|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 5,00,000 to Rs. 25,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 1,00,000/- and Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Anaesthesiologist, Bacteriologist, Cardiologist, Chief Medical Officer, Chiropodist|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD in Pathology?
- The goal of MD Pathology is to prepare students to make accurate diagnoses in any given clinical setting using pertinent and appropriate samples of tissue, blood, body fluid, etc., and to recommend appropriate treatments based on the diagnosis.
- The MD in Pathology degree can lead to many new and exciting job opportunities. Aspirants who pursue careers in dental science can work in the medical industry. Here are some traits that an MD in pathology possesses.
- In the public and private sectors, an MD degree can pave the way for rewarding career advancement. The MD in Pathology has recently become one of the most sought-after medical degrees. The course equips students with the abilities and knowledge required to begin working as medical professionals and independent career consultants.
- The opportunity for higher education in MD Pathology with the best salaries in India and abroad is available in almost all private and public sectors of various organizations. Doctorates are accepted in entry-level positions, and those who complete them can continue their education.
MD in Pathology Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MD First Year||Semester 1|
|Applied Basic Science KnowledgeDiseases Concerning General MedicineRecent Advances in Medicine|
|Biostatistics And Clinical EpidemiologyDiagnostic Investigation And Procedures|
|MD Second Year||Semester 3.|
|Monitoring Ill PatientsCounseling Patients and RelativesResearch Project|
|Research ProjectWard Patient ManagementOPD Patient Management|
|MD Third Year||Semester 5|
|PresentationsWard Rounds, Case Presentations, and DiscussionsClinico- Radiological and Clinicopathological Conferences|
|Journal ConferencesPG Case Presentation SkillsResearch View|
MD in Pathology Courses Entrance Exams
|MD in Pathology||NEET PG Exam|
MD in Pathology Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD in Pathology||Rs. 5,00,000 to Rs. 25,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MD course fees in government colleges.
MD in Pathology Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Medical Pathologist||Rs. 5,50,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000 Per Annum|
|Medical Examiner/ Forensic Pathologist||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Veterinary Clinical Pathologist||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 11,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Pathology Professor||Rs. 12,00,000/- To Rs. 22,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Medical Examiner/ Forensic Pathologist||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
|General Practitioner||Rs. 1,50,000/- To Rs. 6,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD in Pathology Scope & Career Opportunities
- MD Pathology prepares students to make accurate diagnoses in any clinical setting using pertinent and appropriate samples of tissue, blood, body fluid, and so on, and to recommend appropriate treatments based on the diagnosis..
- An MD Pathology doctorate is highly valued and respected in almost every government organization. Following the MD Pathology, the job opportunities in India’s government sector are diverse and rewarding for the doctorates.
- Regarding jobs in the public sector, MD Pathology job opportunities for the private sector also hire many jobs that are available in the healthcare industry with other areas like biomedical businesses, healthcare facilities, hospitals, laboratories, medical colleges, and more. Experts claim that there are a few positions in India’s private sector with reputable companies where having an MD in pathology is advantageous.
- Higher education in MD Pathology is available in almost all private and public sectors of various organizations, with the best salaries in India and abroad. Doctorates are accepted for entry-level positions, and those who obtain them can further their education.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD in Pathology?
A. MD in Pathology is a 3-year post-graduate course that deals with the study of pathology and the diagnosis of disease through the examination of organs, tissues, bodily fluids, and whole bodies (autopsies).
Q. What is the duration of the MD in Pathology?
A. The duration of MD in Pathologyis 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD in Pathology?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD in Pathology is Between Rs. 5,00,000 to Rs. 25,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD in Pathology?
A.A. The average fee or MD in Pathology is between Rs. 1,00,000 and Rs. 25,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by an MD in Pathology?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD in Pathology are Anaesthesiologist, Bacteriologist, Cardiologist, Chief Medical Officer, Chiropodist, etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.