MD Microbiology is a three-year doctoral program that focuses on the study of microbiology, human immunology, mycology, and bacterial pathogenesis. There are numerous job opportunities in India and abroad for students enrolled in the MD Microbiology program in a variety of biomedical fields. Physicians, microbiologists, healthcare consultants, physical therapists, biological scientists, occupational therapists, medical scientists, etc. are among the occupations that are available.
Admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MD course is determined by the candidate’s performance in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats via AIQ quota, while state counseling authorities conduct counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MD Microbiology Highlights
- 2 MD Microbiology Syllabus
- 3 MD Microbiology Courses Entrance Exams
- 4 MD Microbiology Fees Structure
- 5 MD Microbiology Average Salary Range
- 6 MD Courses Eligibility
- 7 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 8 MD Microbiology Scope & Career Opportunities
- 9 MD College Predictor
- 10 MD Admission Consultant
- 11 Frequently Asked question
- 11.1 Q. What is an MD Microbiology?
- 11.2 Q. What is the duration of the MD Microbiology?
- 11.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD Microbiology?
- 11.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MD Microbiology?
- 11.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD Microbiology?
- 11.6 Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
MD Microbiology Highlights
|Name of Course||MD Microbiology|
|Admission||Admission to MD course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Physician, Microbiologist, Healthcare Consultant, Physical Therapist, Biological Scientist, Occupational Therapist, Medical Scientist, etc.|
Why should you pursue a career as an MD Microbiology?
- Microbiology is important in the development of medical devices, diagnostic tests, and therapeutic procedures. A doctorate in microbiology will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to become a respected and successful physician.
- MD Microbiology has quickly become one of the most sought-after specialty courses, with opportunities in virtually every sector of the healthcare industry. In the field of communicable diseases, for example, physicians would be required to work in centralized laboratories to develop and maintain sophisticated instruments and techniques. Microbiologists also could have a significant impact in creating new screening procedures, coordinating technician work, and performing epidemiological surveys.
- In almost every government organization, an MD Microbiology doctorate has high job priority and respect. Following the MD Microbiology, the job opportunities in India’s government sector are diverse and rewarding for doctorates.
- MD Microbiology employment opportunities in the private sector include many private jobs in the medical field with some other areas such as biomedical companies, healthcare centers, hospitals, colleges, research companies, laboratories, and so on.
MD Microbiology Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MD First Year||Semester 1|
|General Microbiology Immunology|
|Recent AdvancesApplied Microbiology|
|MD Second Year||Semester 3.|
|MD Third Year||Semester 5|
|History of MicrobiologyParasitology II|
|Research Proposal Research Project|
MD Microbiology Courses Entrance Exams
|MD Microbiology||NEET PG Exam|
MD Microbiology Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MD Microbiology||Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MD course fees, which may differ from college to college. Fees has been bifurcated based on MD course fees in private colleges and MDS course fees in government colleges.
MD Microbiology Average Salary Range
|Job Profiles||Salary Range|
|Environmental microbiologist||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 11,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Food quality assurance scientist||Rs. 3,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Food microbiologist||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 7,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Technical brewer||Rs. 4,00,000/- To Rs. 9,00,000/- Per Annum|
|Lab Assistant||Rs. 2,00,000/- To Rs. 9,00,000/- Per Annum|
Graduating from the MD courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MD Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate Medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MD Microbiology Scope & Career Opportunities
- The development of therapeutic methods, diagnostic tests, and medical devices all depend on microbiology. Your doctorate in microbiology will equip you with the knowledge and abilities required to work as a successful and well-respected doctor.
- With opportunities in almost every area of the healthcare industry, MD microbiology has quickly become one of the most sought-after specialty courses. For instance, in the field of communicable diseases, doctors would need to work in centralized laboratories to create and maintain advanced tools and techniques. Additionally, by developing new screening techniques, organizing technician tasks, and conducting epidemiological surveys, microbiologists may have a big impact.
- A doctorate in MD microbiology is highly valued and respected in almost every government organization. There are employment opportunities in India’s government after earning an MD in microbiology.
MD College Predictor
The MD College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MD College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MD Admission Consultant
MD Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MD Microbiology?
A. MD Microbiology is a three-year doctoral program that focuses on the study of microbiology, human immunology, mycology, and bacterial pathogenesis
Q. What is the duration of the MD Microbiology?
A. The duration of MD Microbiology is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MD Microbiology?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MD Microbiology is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MD Microbiology?
A. The average fees range for MD Microbiology is between Rs. 45, 000 to Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by MD Microbiology?
A. Various jobs offered by the MD Microbiology are Physician, Microbiologist, Healthcare Consultant, Physical Therapist, Biological Scientist, Occupational Therapist, Medical Scientist, etc
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.