Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneshwar, is a part of KIIT Deemed to be a University, was founded in 2007 with the goal of becoming the leading healthcare provider of the highest caliber, with a particular emphasis on producing Indian medical graduates through excellence in medical education, providing morally and scientifically sound care, and forging ahead in medical research and development that addresses societal needs. Based on a sincere desire to support a healthy society and offer cutting-edge medical care, the institute has redefined the healthcare services in Odisha and in neighboring states. The institution has recognition from the National Medical Commission, New Delhi, and affiliation with the KIIT Deemed to be University.
The college’s mission is to produce Indian medical graduates who will be filled with wisdom, self-assured, and human faces with the vision of providing high-quality healthcare that is accessible to everyone. The graduates will be ethical healthcare providers who provide people with evidence-based and reasonably priced healthcare services. They will also be compassionate caregivers and lifelong learners.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered And Seat Intake
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Counselling Fee
- 10 Documents Required
- 11 Eligibility Criteria
- 12 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 13 Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
- 14 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 15 Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneshwar Cut-Off 2022 (MCC)
- 16 Contact Details
- 17 Ranking & Reputation
- 18 NEET College Predictors
- 19 NEET Rank Predictors
- 20 Expert Admission Consultants
- 21 Frequently Asked Questions
- 21.1 Q: What is the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 21.2 Q. When was the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences established?
- 21.3 Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 21.4 Q. What is the fee structure for courses at Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 21.5 Q. What are the facilities available at the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 21.6 Q. What is the location of Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 21.7 Q. What is the official website for Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
- 21.8 Q. Is Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneshwar affiliated to any university?
|Name of Institute||Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneshwar|
|Popular Name||KIMS, Bhubaneshwar|
|Year of Establishment||2007|
|Affiliated to||KIIT Deemed to be a University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS and MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Odisha|
|Contact||Address: Kushabhadra Campus (KIIT Campus-5)Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India – 751024|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: KIIT Deemed to be a University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Private
- AC classrooms
- Demo Room
- Common Room
- Library & Study Center
- Computer Lab
- Conference Hall & Auditorium
- Hostel & Mess
- Recreation Facilities
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of medical education at the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneshwar. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the Medical field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
- Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||250|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
|Subject||All India Quota (AIQ)||NRI FEES IN USD|
|2-bedded AC Room (with attached toilet) – Per Annum (without Mess)||1,40,000|
|Hostel Admission Fees (One Time)||15,000|
For PG Courses
|Sr. No||Department||NRI (FEE in $)(Yearly)||Revised Fee Structure (In Rs) (Yearly)|
|7||Community Medicine||—||Rs. 9,00,000/-|
|8||General Medicine||$60,000||Rs. 21,00,000/-|
|10||Pulmonary Medicine||$50,000||Rs. 21,00,000/-|
|12||Skin & VD||$80,000||Rs. 21,00,000/-|
|13||General Surgery||$50,000||Rs. 21,00,000/-|
|21||Emergency Medicine||—||Rs. 21,00,000/-|
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
For UG Courses
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Result.
- Marksheet and Secondary school certificate
- Passing certificate of class 12th and its mark sheet
- Leaving certificate of school or college
- Domicile certificate for proof of living in the state for not less than 10 years.
- Category certificate, if it is applicable
For PG Courses
- MBBS pass certificate and completion certificate.
- NEET PG 2023 admit card.
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard.
- Final MBBS part II mark sheet.
- CRRI certificate.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by MCI.
|Age||Minimum 17 years as of December 31, 2023, with no upper age limit.|
|Nativity||Candidates must be one of the following:|
– Permanent natives of Odisha, OR
– Children of All India Civil Service officers serving in the state of Odisha cadre.
|Educational Qualifications||– Must have passed +2 Science (Intermediate or equivalent) with the following subjects individually: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.|
– Minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Science level for General Candidates (GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for SC/ST candidates.
– Minimum aggregate marks of 45% for benchmark disability candidates (PC-GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for Physically Challenged candidates of SC/ST category (PC-SC/ST).
|NEET UG 2023 Qualification||– Candidates must have qualified in the NEET UG 2023 exam.|
For NRI Candidate
|Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates||Requirements|
|Eligibility||NRI candidates who have qualified NEET UG 2023 are eligible.|
|Definition of NRI||NRI refers to children or wards of a person of Indian origin residing outside India.|
|Documents Required for NRI Candidates||NRI candidates must submit the following documents as proof of their NRI status:|
– Documents that establish the sponsorer’s NRI status, such as the sponsorer’s Passport and Visa.
– Proof of the relationship between the NRI and the candidate as per the court order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017 – Consortium of Deemed University in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08-2017.
– An affidavit from the sponsorer, duly notarized, confirming their commitment to sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate.
– An Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneshwar Cut-Off 2022 (MCC)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneshwar
- Address: Kushabhadra Campus (KIIT Campus-5), Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India – 751024
- Admission Helpline no: 9667542500
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://kims.kiit.ac.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneshwar|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) is an Indian medical school and hospital that is situated in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It is associated with the KIIT Deemed to be University and provides undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma programs in a number of medical and allied health sciences.
Q. When was the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences established?
A: Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences was established in 2007.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. Depending on the course, different qualifications must be met in order to be admitted to the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences. Candidates for the MBBS program must have completed the 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as required subjects and achieved a minimum of 50% overall in these subjects. Candidates for postgraduate programs must have earned their MBBS from an accredited institution and received at least a 50% overall grade point average.
Q. What is the fee structure for courses at Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences offers a variety of courses, each with a different fee structure. The annual fees for an MBBS degree are roughly Rs.18,00,000/-. The annual cost of postgraduate courses ranges from Rs.2,00,000 /-to Rs. 25,00,000/-. The annual tuition for diploma programs is typically less than Rs. 1,000,00/-.
Q. What are the facilities available at the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The hospital at Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences is well-stocked with contemporary amenities, such as a blood bank, intensive care unit, emergency services, pharmacy, and diagnostic services. The college also has well-equipped labs, classrooms, and a library with a sizable collection of printed materials as well as electronic resources. The campus also has a cafeteria, hostels for boys and girls, and sports facilities.
Q. What is the location of Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The Location of Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences is Kushabhadra Campus (KIIT Campus-5), Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India – 751024
Q. What is the official website for Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences?
A. The Offical website for the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences is https://kims.kiit.ac.in/
Q. Is Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneshwar affiliated to any university?
A. The Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences is affiliated with the KIIT Deemed to be University.