MS Ophthalmology is a two-year postgraduate course that focuses on the advanced study of the anatomy, physiology, and diseases of the eye. The diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders are the focus of the medical and surgical field of ophthalmology. The course covers orbital as well as visual existence structures, gross life structures, histology, ocular physiology, pathology, biochemistry, microbiology, and immunology with a focus on visual immunology. The course also provides opportunities for ophthalmologic research in clinical medical procedure settings such as fine microsurgery, using a working magnifying instrument, and intraocular or vitreoretinal medical procedures of the eye. Students interested in pursuing an MS in Ophthalmology must first obtain an MBBS degree. They will then be able to apply for this course.
Admission to various government and private medical colleges for the MS program is based on the candidate’s performance on the NEET exam administered by the National Testing Agency. In accordance with the AIQ quota, the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) oversees and conducts postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats, and state counseling agencies handle counseling for the remaining 50% of seats.
- 1 MS Ophthalmology Highlights
- 2 Why should you pursue a career in MS Ophthalmology?
- 3 MS Ophthalmology Syllabus
- 4 MS Ophthalmology Entrance Exams
- 5 MS Ophthalmology Fees Structure
- 6 MS Ophthalmology Courses Average Salary Range
- 7 MS Courses Eligibility
- 8 NEET PG Cut-Off
- 9 MS Ophthalmology Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- 10 MS College Predictor
- 11 MS Admission Consultant
- 12 Frequently Asked question
- 12.1 Q. What is an MS Ophthalmology?
- 12.2 Q. What is the duration of the MS Ophthalmology?
- 12.3 Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS Ophthalmology?
- 12.4 Q. What are the average fees for an MS Ophthalmology?
- 12.5 Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MS Ophthalmology?
- 12.6 Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
MS Ophthalmology Highlights
|Name of Course||MS Ophthalmology|
|Admission||Admission to MS course can only be done on the basis of NEET NEET Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 15,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 10,00,000/- to Rs. 15,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||Clinical Assistant, Clinical Data Analyst, Specialist, Demonstrator, ENT Specialist, Speaker/Professor, Ophthalmologist|
Why should you pursue a career in MS Ophthalmology?
- The Course is beneficial to provide treatment based on the assumption that treating parts of the visual system with medications, surgery, diet, and other therapies will treat the underlying eye problem. Ophthalmologists are specially trained to provide comprehensive eye care, ranging from the prescription of glasses and contact lenses to complex and delicate eye surgery.
- MS Ophthalmology is a very popular and in-demand course in India, with excellent job opportunities for graduates. Since our world’s population is growing by the day, there will always be a need for ophthalmologists and job opportunities. After completing their residency training, residents can pursue fellowship training in Ophthalmology subspecialties.
- After completing their residency training, individuals can pursue fellowship training in subspecialties of ophthalmology. Graduates must possess a medical degree and complete a residency program if they want to practice medicine legally.
MS Ophthalmology Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MS First Year||Semester 1|
|Basic Science in OphthalmologyTrauma and Emergency Ophthalmology|
|Lens and GlaucomaUvea and Vitreoretinal Diseases|
|MS Second Year||Semester 3.|
|Isorders Of The Lids, Lacrimal Drainage Apparatus, Orbit and OculoplasticExternal Eye Disease, Sclera, CorneaOptics and Refraction|
|Disorders of the Optic Nerve, Visual Pathway Neuro-OphthalmologyOcular Motility, Strabismus, Pediatric OphthalmologyCommunity Ophthalmology|
MS Ophthalmology Entrance Exams
|MS Ophthalmology||NEET PG Exam|
MS Ophthalmology Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MS Ophthalmology||Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 15,00,000/-|
Above is an approximate range of MS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MS course fees in private colleges and MS course fees in government colleges.
MS Ophthalmology Courses Average Salary Range
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|Product Specialist||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
|Clinical Associates||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 8,00,000/-|
|Ophthalmologist||Rs. 8,00,000/- to Rs. 15,00,000/-|
|Consultant Ophthalmologists||Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 6,00,000/-|
|ENT- Specialist||Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 6,00,000/-|
|Researcher||Rs.6,00,000/- to Rs.8,50,000/-|
|Professor||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs.5,50,000/-|
|Surgeon||Rs. 5,00,000/- to Rs.7,50,000/-|
Graduating from the MS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the medical field.
MS Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MD. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MS Ophthalmology Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
- It is advantageous for the Course to offer treatment under the presumption that the underlying eye condition will be resolved by treating specific components of the visual system with drugs, surgery, diet, and other therapies. Ophthalmologists have received specialized training to provide complete eye care, which includes everything from the prescription of glasses and contact lenses to delicate and involved eye surgery.
- MS In India, ophthalmology is a very popular and in-demand course with great employment prospects for graduates. Because of the daily increase in the global population, there will always be a demand for ophthalmologists and employment opportunities. Residents can pursue fellowship training in ophthalmology subspecialties after completing their residency training.
- Individuals can pursue fellowship training in ophthalmology subspecialties after completing their residency training. Graduates are required to hold a medical degree.
- in any of the aforementioned fields, a graduate can make a good living.
MS College Predictor
The MS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MS Admission Consultant
MS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MS Ophthalmology?
A. MS General surgery is a three-year postgraduate surgical training program that focuses on the various body parts and how to treat diseases and cures related to them. The Master of Surgery General surgery trains candidates to be self-directed learners, critical thinkers, and self-disciplined practitioners
Q. What is the duration of the MS Ophthalmology?
A. The duration of an MS Ophthalmology is 2 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS Ophthalmology?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MS Ophthalmology is Between Rs. 10,00,000/- and Rs. 15,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MS Ophthalmology?
A. The average fee range for MS Ophthalmology is between Rs. 2,00,000/- to Rs. 15,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MS Ophthalmology?
A. Various jobs offered by the MS Ophthalmology are General Surgeon, ENT surgeons, Gynaecologist, Orthopedic Surgeon, Neurosurgeon, Trauma Surgeon, and Indian Army Doctor etc.
Q. Can I go for MD without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MD course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.