MS General surgery is a three-year postgraduate surgical training program that focuses on the various body parts and how to treat diseases and cures related to them. The Master of Surgery General surgery trains candidates to be self-directed learners, critical thinkers, and self-disciplined practitioners. The program focuses on increasing students’ knowledge of their chosen specialty and providing them with the tools they need to effectively address medical challenges. A number of entrance exams, including the NEET Exam given by the NTA, determine admission to the MS Program (National Testing Agency).
Admission to various government and medical colleges for the MS course is determined by the candidate’s performance in the National Testing Agency’s NEET examination. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts and regulates postgraduate counseling for 50% of seats via the AIQ quota, while the remaining 50% of seats are handled by respective state counseling authorities.
MS in General Surgery Highlights
|Name of Course||MS in General Surgery|
|Admission||Admission to MS course can only be done on the basis of NEET PG Score|
|Governing Bodies||National Medical Commission|
|Entrance Exams||NEET PG Exam|
|Average Fees Range||Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 10,00,000/-|
|Average Salary Range||Rs. 10,00,000/- to Rs. 25,00,000/-|
|Job Profile||General Surgeon, ENT surgeons, Gynaecologist, Orthopedic Surgeon, Neurosurgeon, Trauma Surgeon, and Indian Army Doctor etc.|
Why should you pursue a career in the MS in General Surgery?
- The demand for candidates with a Master of Medicine (MS) in General Surgery is high. Hospitals require highly skilled surgeons and specialists because systems have replaced human labor. In order to improve their abilities and give their careers a boost, these doctors can also pursue higher education. A variety of procedures, such as ambulatory, cardiothoracic, and neuron anesthesia, will be easy for graduates to manage.
- There are career options for MS General Surgery in both public and private organizations. Jobs for MS General Surgery in the private sector include Anesthesiologist, Anesthesia Technician, Certified Registered Nurse, Cardiac Anesthesia, Anesthetist, and Anesthesiologist Assistant.
- A Master of General Science degree can lead to more career opportunities. It’s possible to get a better job if you have a better resume. Cardiovascular, vascular, orthopedic, and pediatric surgeries are among the many procedures that surgeons are capable of performing.
MS in General Surgery Syllabus
|Academic years||Semester-vise subjects|
|MS First Year||Semester 1|
|Radiology and RadiotherapyOrtho and Traumatology|
|MS Second Year||Semester 3.|
|MS Third Year||Semester 5|
|General SurgeryPlastic Surgery|
|Neuro SurgeryPediatric Surgery|
MS in General Surgery Entrance Exams
|MS Courses||NEET PG Exam|
MS in General Surgery Fees Structure
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|MS Courses||Rs. 50,000/- To Rs. 10,00,000/- per Annum|
Above is an approximate range of MS course fees, which may differ from college to college and fees have been bifurcated based on MS course fees in private colleges and MS course fees in government colleges.
MS in General Surgery Courses Average Salary Range
|Course Name||Fees Range|
|Lab technician||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/-|
|Ophthalmologist||Rs. 4,00,000/- to Rs. 8,00,000/-|
|Neonatal Surgeon||Rs. 8,00,000/- to Rs. 15,00,000/-|
|Vascular Surgeon||Rs. 6,80,000/- to Rs. 16,00,000/-|
|Plastic Surgeon||Rs. 10. 00,000/- to Rs. 17,00,000/-|
|Researcher||Rs.6,00,000/- to Rs.8,50,000/-|
|Orthopedic Surgeon||Rs. 15,00,000/- to Rs.20,50,000/-|
|Indian Army Doctor||Rs. 12,00,000/- to Rs.22.50,000/-|
|Gynaecologist||Rs. 12,00,000/- to Rs.25,50,,000/-|
|ENT surgeons||Rs. 10,00,000/- to Rs.20.50,000/-|
Graduating from the MS courses can open many doors to career opportunities with the best pay grade. The above table shows the salary range for graduates pursuing careers in the Medical field.
MS Courses Eligibility
Aspirants must meet the eligibility criteria established by the authority in order to pursue MS course. The eligibility criteria include a combination of educational qualifications, registration, and an internship requirement, among other things.
|Nationality||Candidates must be Indian citizens. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are also eligible to take the entrance test|
|Qualification||Candidates must have completed MBBS or equivalent undergraduate medical courses.|
|Internship||Candidate must complete a 1-year internship|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MS in General Surgery Courses Scope & Career Opportunities
Career opportunities in medicine have multiplied to infinity for those with a passion for the field as the MS (Master of Surgery) offers a number of broad specializations in the medical field.. The possibilities for the medical field are now endless. We’ve listed some of the top career options after MS (Master of Surgery) courses.
- One of the most esteemed professions in the world is surgery. Candidates who complete the MS program successfully may start working in a variety of hospitals.
- Opening one’s own private hospital and conducting one’s own practice is a successful alternative.
- Additionally, positions in government hospitals are open to candidates. To choose employees for government hospitals and departments, entrance exams are used. The following careers are available to surgeons after completing the MS program.
- Whether the candidate wants to work as a plastic surgeon, vascular surgeon, neonatal surgeon, researcher, ophthalmologist, or in another field of medicine. They ought to enroll in this course.
- Additionally, these professionals’ average annual pay ranges from Rs 4,00,000/- to Rs 35,00,000/-. The pay may, however, increase in direct proportion to the employee’s level of industry experience and knowledge. So, by pursuing a career in any of the aforementioned fields, a graduate can make a good living.
MS College Predictor
The MS College Predictor predicts a candidate’s chances of acceptance into the medical colleges of their choice. The MS College Predictor implements a unique algorithm to identify and predict the most suitable colleges for students where they can pursue their medical studies by combining the opening and closing ranks from the previous year’s NEET counseling statistics. Feel free to use our college predictor to choose a suitable college.
MS Admission Consultant
MS Admission Consultants assist and guide students in gaining admission to their preferred medical colleges. With a desire to assist individuals who are having difficulty taking admission or understanding the admission procedure in the medical stream because of an absence of knowledge or improper guidance, we have gathered the leading medical experts with decades of experience in the field to guide each individual to admission in their preferred college. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Frequently Asked question
Q. What is an MS in General Surgery?
A. MS General surgery is a three-year postgraduate surgical training program that focuses on the various body parts and how to treat diseases and cures related to them. The Master of Surgery General surgery trains candidates to be self-directed learners, critical thinkers, and self-disciplined practitioners
Q. What is the duration of the MS in General Surgery?
A. The duration of an MS in General Surgery is 3 years.
Q. What is the expected salary range after completing an MS in General Surgery?
A. The Excepted salary range after completing MS in General Surgery is Between Rs. 4,00,000/- and Rs. 12,00,000/-
Q. What are the average fees for an MS in General Surgery?
A. The average fee range for MS in General Surgery is between Rs. 10,00,000/- to Rs. 25,00,000/-
Q. What are the various job profiles offered by the MS in General Surgery?
A. Various jobs offered by the MS in General Surgery are General Surgeon, ENT surgeons, Gynaecologist, Orthopedic Surgeon, Neurosurgeon, Trauma Surgeon, and Indian Army Doctor etc.
Q. Can I go for MS without an MBBS?
A. No, in order to be enrolled in an MS course, one must have passed MBBS, which is an undergraduate medical course.