Institute Of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar is a renowned medical institution that provides world-class education and healthcare services. The institute was established in 2007 and is affiliated with Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA) Deemed to be University. It has since then emerged as a center of excellence in medical education and research.
The hospital associated with the Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital is a 750-bedded facility that provides a wide range of healthcare services to patients. The hospital is outfitted with cutting-edge medical technology and staffed by highly qualified medical professionals. The hospital also has a cancer treatment centre that offers patients comprehensive cancer care services.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Counselling Fee
- 10 Documents Required
- 11 Eligibility Criteria
- 12 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 13 Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
- 14 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 15 Instt. Of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar Cut-Off 2022 (MCC)
- 16 Contact Details
- 17 Ranking & Reputation
- 18 NEET College Predictors
- 19 NEET Rank Predictors
- 20 Expert Admission Consultants
- 21 Frequently Asked Questions
- 21.1 Q:What courses are offered at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital?
- 21.2 Q: Is the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital recognized by National Medical Commission?
- 21.3 Q: Does the institute have hostel facilities for students?
- 21.4 Q: What are the admission criteria for the MBBS program at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital?
- 21.5 Q: Does the institute offer scholarships to its students?
- 21.6 Q: Does the institute have a hospital attached to it?
- 21.7 Q; What are the research areas at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital?
- 21.8 Q: What are the facilities available at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital?
- 21.9 Q: What is the faculty strength at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital?
|Name of Institute||Institute Of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar|
|Popular Name||IMS Bhubaneshwar|
|Year of Establishment||2007|
|Institute Category||Deemed to Be University|
|Affiliated to||Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) Cell|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS & MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Odisha|
|Contact||Address: Ground Floor, Sum Hospital Rd, Shampur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751003.|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Private
The Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar is a world-class medical institution that provides its students and patients with a wide range of services. The following services are offered by the institute:
- Modern Infrastructure: The institute has cutting-edge infrastructure, including large classrooms, well-equipped labs, and a modern library stocked with the most recent books and journals.
- Hostel Facilities: The institute provides comfortable and homely hostel facilities for both male and female students.
- Sports Facilities: The institute has a well-maintained playground and a gymnasium that are equipped with modern equipment. Students can engage in various sports activities to promote physical fitness and overall wellbeing.
- Medical Facilities: The hospital associated with the institute is a 750-bedded facility that provides comprehensive healthcare services to patients.
- Research Facilities: The institute works with other research institutions to foster a culture of research excellence. The institute also collaborates with other research institutions to foster a culture of research excellence.
- Food and Dining Facilities: The institute has a large dining hall where students and staff can eat nutritious and sanitary food.
- Transportation Facilities: The institute provides transportation facilities for students and staff members to commute between the campus and the city.
The Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar offers a variety of facilities that foster a positive learning environment for students while also providing quality healthcare services to patients. The institute’s devotion to educational and healthcare excellence is apparent by its world-class facilities, which serve to the various requirements of the people it serves.
Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff of the Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar are highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated professionals who are committed to providing quality education and healthcare services to students and patients. TThe institute has a well-organized faculty and staff team that includes the following
- Professors and Assistant Professors: The institute has a team of highly qualified and experienced professors and assistant professors who are experts in their respective fields. They provide quality education and mentorship to students and conduct research to advance medical knowledge.
- Clinical Instructors: The institute has a team of clinical instructors who are experts in providing practical training to students. They work closely with the students in the hospital and provide hands-on experience in patient care.
- Administrative Staff: The institute has a dedicated team of administrative staff who manage the day-to-day operations of the institute. They ensure the smooth functioning of various departments and provide logistical support to faculty members and students.
- Nursing Staff: The hospital associated with the institute has a team of highly qualified and experienced nursing staff who provide compassionate and quality care to patients.
- Support Staff: The institute has a team of support staff who perform various tasks such as maintenance, housekeeping, and security. They ensure that the campus and hospital are clean, safe, and secure.
The Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital faculty and staff have committed themselves to providing the best education and healthcare services to their students and patients. They work tirelessly to ensure that the institute maintains its high standards of excellence and continues to serve as a beacon of optimism to striving medical professionals and patients in need of quality healthcare.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||250|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Course Name||Annual Intake (Seats)|
|MD – Bio-ChemistryMD in Biochemistry||2|
|MD – Microbiology||3|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||2|
|MD Physiology 2023||2|
|MD – Pathology||6|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||2|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||2|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||19|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||6|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||6|
|MD – Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2|
|MS – General Surgery||20|
|MD – General Medicine||24|
|MD – Paediatrics||12|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||4|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||15|
|MD – Psychiatry||6|
|MS – Orthopaedics||15|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||12|
|DM – Clinical Haematology||2|
|MD – Emergency Medicine||1|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Course Fees (MBBS – Mgt/Paid Seat)||19,60,000|
|Course Fees (MBBS – NRI Seat)||49,000 USD|
|College Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||5,000|
|For Boarders UG (MBBS)|
|Hostel Fee – 3 Beded (Non AC) (Per Annum)||50,000|
|Hostel Fee – 3 Beded (AC) (Per Annum)||90,000|
|Hostel Fee – 2 Beded (AC) (Per Annum)||1,10,000|
|Mess (Per Month)||3,600|
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||5,000|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Course||Fees (Per Annum)|
|M.D. (Anaesthesiology)||Rs. 19,80,000/-|
|M.D. (Derm.,Vene. & Leprosy)/ (Dermatology)/(Skin & Venereal Diseases)/(Venereology)||Rs.30,00,000/-|
|M.S. (E.N.T.)/(Otorhinolaryngology)||Rs. 19,80,000/-|
|M.D. (General Medicine)||Rs.25,00,000/-|
|M.S. (General Surgery)||Rs. 19,80,000/-|
|MS (Obstetrics And Gynaecology)||Rs.30,00,000/-|
|M.S. (Ophthalmology)||Rs. 19,80,000/-|
|M.D. (Preventive & Social Medicine)/ Community Medicine||Rs.5,00,000/-|
|M.D. (Psychiatry)||Rs. 19,80,000/-|
|M.D. In Transfusion Medicine/ Immuno-Haematology & Blood Transfusion)||Rs.5,00,000/-|
|M.D. (Emergency Medicine)||Rs. 19,80,000/-|
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
For UG Courses
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Result.
- Marksheet and Secondary school certificate
- Passing certificate of class 12th and its mark sheet
- Leaving certificate of school or college
- Domicile certificate for proof of living in the state for not less than 10 years.
- Category certificate, if it is applicable
For PG Courses
- MBBS pass certificate and completion certificate.
- NEET PG 2023 admit card.
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard.
- Final MBBS part II mark sheet.
- CRRI certificate.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by MCI.
|Age||Minimum 17 years as of December 31, 2023, with no upper age limit.|
|Nativity||Candidates must be one of the following:|
– Permanent natives of Odisha, OR
– Children of All India Civil Service officers serving in the state of Odisha cadre.
|Educational Qualifications||– Must have passed +2 Science (Intermediate or equivalent) with the following subjects individually: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.|
– Minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Science level for General Candidates (GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for SC/ST candidates.
– Minimum aggregate marks of 45% for benchmark disability candidates (PC-GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for Physically Challenged candidates of SC/ST category (PC-SC/ST).
|NEET UG 2023 Qualification||– Candidates must have qualified in the NEET UG 2023 exam.|
For NRI Candidate
|Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates||Requirements|
|Eligibility||NRI candidates who have qualified NEET UG 2023 are eligible.|
|Definition of NRI||NRI refers to children or wards of a person of Indian origin residing outside India.|
|Documents Required for NRI Candidates||NRI candidates must submit the following documents as proof of their NRI status:|
– Documents that establish the sponsorer’s NRI status, such as the sponsorer’s Passport and Visa.
– Proof of the relationship between the NRI and the candidate as per the court order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017 – Consortium of Deemed University in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08-2017.
– An affidavit from the sponsorer, duly notarized, confirming their commitment to sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate.
– An Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
Instt. Of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar Cut-Off 2022 (MCC)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Instt. Of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar
- Address: Ground Floor, Sum Hospital Rd, Shampur, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751003
- Admission Helpline no : 966754250
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Instt. Of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What courses are offered at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital?
A: The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine.Some of the popular courses offered include MBBS, , MD and MS.
Q: Is the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital recognized by National Medical Commission?
A: Yes, the institute is recognized by the National Medical Commission and is also affiliated with Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (Deemed to be University).
Q: Does the institute have hostel facilities for students?
A: Yes, the institute has separate dormitories for male and female students. The hostels are located on campus and are well-equipped with all necessary amenities.
Q: What are the admission criteria for the MBBS program at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital?
A: Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as core subjects to be eligible for the MBBS programme. They must also have received at least 50% in aggregate in the qualifying examination. The NEET score and the counselling process conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) determine admission.
Q: Does the institute offer scholarships to its students?
A: Yes, the institute provides scholarships and financial aid to qualified students. There are merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, and scholarships for students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Q: Does the institute have a hospital attached to it?
A: Yes, the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital is connected to a multi-specialty hospital. The hospital has over 750 beds and is outfitted with modern facilities and equipment to provide patients with high-quality healthcare services.
Q; What are the research areas at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital?
A: The institute conducts research in a variety of fields of medicine, including cancer biology, infectious diseases, neurosciences, cardiology, and public health. The research activities aim to advance medical knowledge, develop new treatments, and improve healthcare practises.
Q: What are the facilities available at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital?
A: The institute has cutting-edge teaching, research, and patient care facilities and equipment. Lecture halls, laboratories, a library, an auditorium, hostels, sports facilities, and a hospital with advanced diagnostic and treatment facilities are among the amenities.
Q: What is the faculty strength at the Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital?
A: Professors, associate professors, and assistant professors make up the institute’s highly qualified and experienced faculty. Faculty members are experts in their fields and are dedicated to providing students with high-quality education and training.