Government Medical College Amritsar established in 1943, strives to be the best provider and developer of high-quality medical and paramedical manpower in North India. The college has been in a constant effort to provide the best tertiary care and play a pivotal role in training and inculcating a spirit of research & learning. The college is affiliated with the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot, and is recognized by the National Medical Commission, New Delhi.
The college has accepted the mission to operate as a regional center of excellence in the providing of higher education and secondary health care in addition to playing its rightful position in improving knowledge and facilitating comprehension of evolving scientific and technological concepts with the vision to provide the best to the students and also to prepare them to take up the challenges of tomorrow so that when they graduate, they can compete with the best in the medical profession.
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College Amritsar|
|Popular Name||Government Medical College, Amritsar|
|Year of Establishment||1943|
|Affiliated to||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS and MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Punjab|
|Contact||Address: Circular Road, Amritsar 143001 India|
Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Government
- General Hospital
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Computer labs
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff As faculty, they are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of medical education at the Government Medical College, Amritsar. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the Medical field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
- Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||250|
For Postraduate Courses
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 years||9 seats|
|MD – General Medicine||3 years||18 seats|
|MD – Pathology||3 years||7 seats|
|MD – Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||3 years||4 seats|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years||18 seats|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 years||5 seats|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3 years||4 seats|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 years||5 seats|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine||3 years||4 seats|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 years||9 seats|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 years||8 seats|
|MS – ENT||3 years||6 seats|
|MS – General Surgery||3 years||13 seats|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 years||6 seats|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 years||2 seats|
|MD – Microbiology||3 years||7 seats|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 years||9 seats|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 years||5 seats|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 years||4 seats|
|MD – Physiology||3 years||4 seats|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 years||3 seats|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Fees Structure
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
|Qualification||Must have qualified NEET-UG-2023.|
|Punjab Government Notifications||Eligibility determined as per Punjab Government notifications, including amendments.|
|Merit Determination||Admission Committee follows Punjab Government rules and regulations for merit determination.|
|Counseling/Admissions Authority||Admissions conducted by the Admission Committee appointed by Punjab Government.|
|Age||The candidate must be 17 years old In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For PG Courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or an equivalent degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Government Medical College, Amritsar Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vancancy Round|
Government Medical College, Amritsar Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vancancy Round|
Punjab NEET Counseling Process 2023
Step 1: Registration and Application
- Visit the official University website (www.bfuhs.ac.in).
- Read the Punjab Government notification and Prospectus instructions carefully.
- Only NEET-UG-2023 qualified candidates are eligible.
- Register for admission through the online portal by the deadline.
- Fill out the online admission application form and upload:
- Candidate’s photograph (Max size: 30 KB)
- Candidate’s signature (Max size: 30 KB)
- After submitting the form, you’ll receive a unique Registration ID (Login ID) and password.
Step 2: Fee Deposition
- Pay the admission fee through the University’s online payment gateway.
Step 3: Document Verification
- Micro-reserved category candidates undergo document verification as scheduled.
- SC/BC category candidates verify their certificates when reporting to the allocated college.
Step 4: Merit List
- The State Merit list of registered candidates is displayed on the University website.
- Online counseling follows the merit list publication.
Step 5: Preference Filling
- Only registered candidates are eligible for counseling.
- Carefully read and understand eligibility conditions.
- Fill the online counseling form with your preferences:
- Choose courses, colleges, categories, and quotas.
- Provisional seat allocation is based on NEET merit and your preferences.
- Download your provisional allocation letter.
- Report to the allocated college for document verification and fee payment.
Step 6: Provisional Seat Allotment
- Seats are provisionally allocated based on your merit and preferences.
- Pay the tuition fee online and report to the allocated college for document verification.
Step 7: Document Verification at Allocated College
- Report to your allocated college for document verification.
- The college verifies your eligibility and conducts a medical checkup.
- After verification, pay the online fee and submit the joining report.
|Category||Admission Application Fee||GST (18%)||Total Fee|
|General Candidates||Rs. 5000/-||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 5900/-|
|SC Category Candidates||Rs. 2500/-||Rs. 450/-||Rs. 2950/-|
Documents Required For UG Course
- 10th class certificate
- 12th class certificate(the candidate must had studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English)
- NEET Admit card
- NEET Score Card
- Punjab Resident Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Challan Receipt
- EWS certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate issued by the head of the institution certifying that the candidate has completed Class 10 and Class 12 from their institute
Documents Required For PG Courses
- MBBS pass certificate and completion certificate.
- NEET PG 2023 admit card.
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard.
- Final MBBS part II mark sheet.
- CRRI certificate.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by NM
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Nativity certificate and supporting documentation are required for applicants who have studied from Standard VI to Standard XII in a state other than Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate who is a Tamil Nadu native and has studied from VI to XII standard in Tamil Nadu schools should also present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
Government Medical College, Amritsar
- Address : Circular Road, Amritsar 143001 India
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Website: https://gmc.edu.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Government Medical College, Amritsar|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Question
Q. When was the Government Medical College, Amritsar established?
A. The Government Medical College, Amritsar was established in 1943
Q. What Are the Fees for UG Courses at the Government Medical College, Amritsar?
A. The fees for Ug courses at Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal, are Rs. 1,66,000/-
Q. The Government Medical College, Amritsar, is affiliated with which university?
A.Government Medical College, Amritsar, is affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
Q. What is the location of the Government Medical College, Amritsar?
A. The location of the Government Medical College, Amritsar is at Circular Road, Amritsar 143001 India
Q. What is the intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Government Medical College, Amritsar?
A. The intake capacity for the MBBS course at the Government Medical College, Amritsar, is 250.
Q. What is the official website for the Government Medical College, Amritsar?
A. The official website for the Government Medical College, Amritsar, is https://gmc.edu.in/
Q. Does the Government Medical College, Amritsar, have a hostel?
A. Yes, Government Medical College, Amritsar does provide a hostel facility for both males and females