Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) is a premier medical institute located in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. It was established in the 1960 and offers quality education and healthcare services. The college is affiliated with the Ranchi University and has recoeived recognuition from the National Medical Commission, New Delhi.
The college has a 210-acre campus, modern infrastructure, and cutting-edge facilities. The college has a fantastic collection of professors, doctors, and scientists that are well trained and experienced and who provide excellent education and training to the students.
Rajendra Institute of Medical Science, Ranchi includes a 1,500-bed hospital that provides medical services in a variety of fields, including general medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, and many others. The hospital contains cutting-edge medical technology and offers patients 24-hour care.
The college also features a research centre that fosters medical science research and development. For research and training, the college collaborates with a number of national and international institutions.
|Name of Institute||Rajendra Institute of Medical Science, Ranchi|
|Popular Name||RIMS, Dhanbad|
|Year of Establishment||1960|
|Affiliated to||Ranchi University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling conducting authority||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Course||UG-MBBS and PG- MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Jharkhand|
|Contact||Address: RIMS, Bariatu, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India |
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Ranchi University
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Government
Students, professors, and patients have access to a range of RIMS’s amenities. The college is committed to providing the community with top-notch education and healthcare and has a sophisticated infrastructure with cutting-edge facilities.. Some of the key facilities at RIMS are:
Hospital: The RIMS features a 1,500 bed hospital that offers medical care in a variety of specialties, such as general medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, and many others. The hospital contains cutting-edge medical technology and offers patients 24-hour medical treatment.
Library: The well-stocked library at RIMS is home to a sizable collection of medical books, journals, and research papers. Students and faculty members can access a variety of e-resources and databases at the library, which is open to the public.
Laboratories: RIMS includes state-of-the-art labs that are fully furnished with cutting-edge machinery and technology. Students in a variety of subjects receive practical training in the laboratories.
Hostels: RIMS offers separate hostels for boys and females, complete with food, laundry, and internet access. The hostels offer a comfortable place to stay.
Library: PMCH has a central library that houses a vast collection of medical books, journals, and research papers. The library also has an online database of medical journals and research papers.
Laboratories: The college has well-equipped laboratories for practical training in various medical disciplines.
Canteen: The college has a canteen that provides hygienic and nutritious food for students, staff, and patients.
Transport: PMCH provides transportation facilities for students and staff to commute to and from the campus.
Sports Complex: RIMS includes an indoor and outdoor game area in its sports complex. The athletic facility supports a healthy lifestyle and encourages pupils to take part in extracurricular activities.
Canteen: The RIMS offers a canteen where students, teachers, and guests can get wholesome cuisine. At reasonable costs, the canteen offers a wide selection of culinary items.
Computer Center: RIMS offers a computer centre that gives students and instructors access to numerous software applications as well as internet connectivity.
Research Center: RIMS maintains a research centre that supports medical science-related research and development. The research centre collaborates on research and training projects with numerous national and international institutions.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Emergency Medicine.
Faculty and Staff
- The Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) features a large an amazing faculty comprised of highly skilled and knowledgeable academics, medical professionals, and scientists. The academic team is committed to providing students with a top-notch education and training while also actively participating in medical science research and development. The RIMS faculty is chosen after a careful selection procedure, and they are leaders in their disciplines.
- In order to teach medical science at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels, the faculty of RIMS is actively involved in research. To make learning entertaining and participatory, they employ cutting-edge teaching strategies. In addition to teaching, the faculty at RIMS mentor and direct students in their research projects.
- Administrative and technical staff members at RIMS offer assistance to faculty members and students. The administrative team at RIMS oversees the college’s daily operations and makes sure everything goes well. In the laboratories and other facilities, the technical team of RIMS offers support services to the faculty and students.
- The instructors and employees at RIMS are dedicated to offering the community high-quality healthcare and education services. They collaborate to accomplish the college’s objectives and are always looking for ways to boost the standard of instruction and medical care provided at RIMS.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
For Postgraduate courses
|M.D. (General Medicine)||3 Years||15|
|M.D. (Paediatirics)||3 Years||06|
|M.S. (Orthopaedics)||3 Years||03|
|M.S. (General Surgery)||3 Years||16|
|M.D. (Obst. & Gynae)||3 Years||09|
|M.S. ( Eye)||3 Years||06|
|M.S. (ENT)||3 Years||02|
|M.D. (Derm, Ven, & Leprosy)||3 Years||03|
|M.D. (Anaesthesia)||3 Years||04|
|M.D. (Radiology)||3 Years||02|
|M.D. (P.S.M.)||3 Years||05|
|M.S. (Anatomy)||3 Years||05|
|M.D. (Physiology)||3 Years||07|
|M.D. (Pathology)||3 Years||11|
|M.D. (Microbiology)||3 Years||06|
|M.D. (Pharmacology)||3 Years||09|
|M.D. (Biochemistry)||3 Years||05|
|M.D. (F.M.T.)||3 Years||03|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD/MS||Will Notified soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
1. A link to the Jharkhand NEET 2022 application form will be provided by the counselling conducting Authority’s official website.
2. A separate link will be provided for candidates who are registering for the first time as well as those who have previously registered.
3. Already registered candidates can begin filling out the Jharkhand NEET application form using their login credentials.
4. Candidates must fill out the information such as NEET Roll No, Visual Identification Mark, NEET Percentile Score, Aadhar Number, All India NEET Rank, Whether a resident of Jharkhand, Father’s/Guardian name, Candidate’s Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Divyang with Benchmark Disability and Category on the application form for Jharkhand NEET admission
5. Candidates must upload their passport-size photograph, left-hand thumb impression, and signature after filling out the Jharkhand NEET application form with the information listed above. The authority will provide specifications for the same.
6. After filling out the application, the candidate must click on ‘Declaration’ and then proceed.
7. The final step in completing the Jharkhand NEET application form is to pay the application fee. Candidate must
- Medical students should review the Jharkhand MBBS merit list, which is available on the admissions website.
- Candidates who are on the merit list for Jharkhand NEET counselling must verify the necessary documents for Jharkhand NEET counselling .
- Medical aspirants must first have their documents verified at the designated center, after which they must choose a college and course based on their rank in the state merit list for Jharkhand NEET counselling.
- Candidates who do not receive a seat in the first round of Jharkhand MBBS counselling will be eligible to participate in the subsequent rounds.
- Jharkhand NEET counseling online choice filling will appear on the screen. A list of colleges will be available, including the college name, college code, location, courses, and district name.
- Candidates who will submit the fees for state quota of 85 % seats will be eligible to apply for both the category of seats.
After every round of counseling, the seat allotment result will be declared. NEET counseling results, released in the form of the seat allotment list and seat allotment letter, will release to the seat allotted to the candidates. Candidates can check their name, roll no., allotted category, candidates’ category, allotted college, quota, and course in the NEET seat allotment list. The seat allotment letter is an important document that needs to be submitted at the time of reporting to the allotted college along with other mandatory documents.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates should report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. At the time of reporting to the allotted college, candidates must submit the original copies of the mandatory documents.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC will hold four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Non Refundable Fee||Refundable Fee|
|UR||INR 1,000||INR 10,000|
|SC/ST/OBC/PwD||INR 500||INR 5000|
|All Categories||INR 5,000||INR 2,00,000|
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31)|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.Minimum 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
For PG Courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
MBBS College Predictor
MBBS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which MBBS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off date, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MBBS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MBBS Admission Consultant
A MBBS Admission Consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) courses in India. Our consultant typically has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of medical education and can help students navigate the complex admissions process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Rajendra Institute of Medical Science, Ranchi
- Address: RIMS, Bariatu, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
- Email ID:email@example.com
- Website: https://www.rimsranchi.ac.in/
- Admission Helpline no: 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Rajendra Institute of Medical Science, Ranchi|
For UG Courses
- Category certificate
- Class 10 and 12 marksheet
- Class 10 and 12 passing certificate
- Local/Permanent resident certificate
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Score Card
- Photo ID proof
- Recent passport size photographs
For PG courses
- MBBS pass certificate and completion certificate
- NEET PG 2023 admit card
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard
- Final MBBS part II marksheet
- CRRI certificate
- Community certificate, if applicable
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by NMC
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses are offered at RIMS?
A. RIMS offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral courses in various disciplines of medical science.
Q. What is the admission process at RIMS?
A. The admission process at RIMS varies depending on the course. For undergraduate courses, admission is based on the results of the NEET entrance examination. For postgraduate and doctoral courses, admission is based on the results of the NEET PG and NEET SS entrance examinations, respectively.
Q. What is the fee structure at RIMS?
A. The fee structure at RIMS varies depending on the course. The fee for undergraduate courses is relatively lower than that for postgraduate and doctoral courses.
Q. What is the infrastructure like at RIMS?
A. RIMS has a cutting-edge infrastructure, including a 1,500-bed hospital, well-equipped laboratories, a library, dorms, a sports facility, a canteen, a computer centre, and a research centre.
Q. What is the faculty like at RIMS?
A. RIMS offers an outstanding group of highly skilled and experienced professors, doctors, and scientists that are dedicated to providing students with exceptional education and training.
Q. What are the research opportunities available at RIMS?
A. RIMS has a research center that promotes research and development in the field of medical science. The research center has collaborations with various national and international institutions for research and training.
Q. What is the job placement rate at RIMS?
A. RIMS has a good job placement rate, with many of its graduates securing jobs in reputed hospitals and healthcare institutions in India and abroad.
Q. Whats the location of Rajendra Institute of Medical Science, Ranchi?
A. The location of Rajendra Institute of Medical Science, Ranchi is B.C.C.L. Township, Koyla Nagar, Dhanbad – 826005, Jharkhand
Q. Does RIMS provide accommodations to its students?
A. Yes, RIMS provides accommodation to its students in its hostels. There are separate hostels for male and female students, with all basic facilities such as 24-hour water supply, electricity, mess facilities, and security.