Medical colleges in Jharkhand offer students high-quality education and training, supported by cutting-edge infrastructure, experienced teachers, and cutting-edge research facilities. With a focus on practical experience and clinical training, these colleges are assisting in the production of trained healthcare professionals who can contribute to the country’s healthcare system. In this way, medical colleges in Jharkhand contribute to the expansion of India’s healthcare industry while providing students with outstanding academic and professional prospects.
The emphasis on actual exposure and clinical training is one of the distinguishing qualities of medical colleges in Jharkhand. They give several possibilities for students to participate in clinical rotations and internships at hospitals and clinics, allowing them to obtain vital experience and strengthen their clinical abilities. This hands-on training qualifies students to cope with real-world medical situations and to offer great treatment to patients.
Medical colleges in Jharkhand play an important role in creating skilled healthcare professionals who can contribute to the country’s healthcare system. These colleges provide students with outstanding chances for academic and professional progress by focusing on quality education, innovative facilities, and practical training.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 Why Jharkhand is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- 3 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Counselling Registration
- 7 Counselling Process
- 8 Document Required
- 9 Counselling Fee
- 10 Eligibility Criteria
- 11 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 12 Participating Medical Colleges
- 13 Frequently Asked Questions
- 14 Q1. What are the popular medical courses offered in Jharkhand?
- 15 Q2. Are the medical colleges in Jharkhand recognized by the National Medical Commission?
- 16 Q3. What is the admission process for medical colleges in Jharkhand?
- 17 Q4. What are the facilities provided by medical colleges in Jharkhand?
- 18 Q5. Are there any scholarships available for medical students in Jharkhand?
- 19 Q6. What is the fee structure for medical courses in Jharkhand?
- 20 Q7. What is the duration of medical courses in Jharkhand?
- 21 Q8. Are there any reservations for SC/ST/OBC candidates in medical colleges in Jharkhand?
- 22 Q9. What are the career options after completing medical courses in Jharkhand?
- 23 Q10. What are the research opportunities available in medical colleges in Jharkhand?
- 24 Q11. How is the healthcare system in Jharkhand?
Medical Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET UG Exam||NEET-PG Exam|
|Approval From||National Medical Commission (NMC)||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical College in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
|Popular Medical College in Jharkhand||Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), RanchiMahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Jamshedpur||Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), Ranchi|
Why Jharkhand is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- Jharkhand is becoming a popular location for medical students due to the availability of high-quality medical education and training facilities. The state features several notable medical colleges that offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses. These colleges have experienced faculty members who provide outstanding education and training, supported by cutting-edge infrastructure and advanced research facilities.
- Jharkhand is also a medical research hotspot, with various institutes conducting cutting-edge medical research that can aid in the creation of novel healthcare solutions. Furthermore, because Jharkhand has a diverse population with varying healthcare needs, there are numerous opportunities for medical professionals to gain practical exposure and hands-on experience.
- The cost of medical education and living expenditures in Jharkhand is lower than in other states, making it an appealing option for medical students. Jharkhand is a popular destination for medical aspirants due to the availability of quality medical education, advanced research facilities, practical exposure, and a favourable climate for growth.
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Here is an approximate salary range for MBBS and MD/MS graduates in various job profiles based on industry standards and research:
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official website for Jharkhand NEET UG Counselling (https://jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in/).
- Click on the registration link.
- Fill in your details, including:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Disability status
- Educational Qualification
- Email Id
- Mobile Number
- Communication Address
- Review the information for accuracy.
- Submit the form.
Step 2: Upload Documents
- You’ll be prompted to upload the following documents:
- Recent color photograph with a white background (20kb-50kb)
- Signature on white paper with blue/black ink (10kb-20kb)
- Other relevant documents (e.g., category certificates, qualification certificates) as a single PDF file (size not exceeding 500 KB).
Step 3: Preview Uploaded Images
- After uploading, preview the uploaded images.
- Ensure that your photograph and signature are clearly visible in the appropriate spaces.
- If the images are not satisfactory, you can re-upload them following the same procedure.
- Confirm that the spaces for photograph and signature are not swapped.
Step 4: Declaration and Final Submission
- Review all filled information.
- If all details are correct, select the ‘declaration’ checkbox.
- Click on the final SUBMIT button.
- After submission, an application/registration number will be generated.
- You will receive an email and SMS with the application number and password. Keep these for future reference.
Step 5: Application Fee Payment
- Click on the provided link for fee payment.
- Follow the instructions to complete the payment.
- Payment can be made through Internet banking, Debit Card, or Credit Card.
- After payment, save the payment slip for reference.
- Bank charges/payment gateway charges are the applicant’s responsibility.
- Ensure payment is made within the due date.
|Category||Fee (in Rs)|
|UR/ OBC||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ ST/ Women candidates||250|
|Category||Fee (in Rs)|
|UR/ OBC||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ Women candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Divyang Candidates of any category||Rs. 500/-|
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website for Jharkhand NEET UG Counselling (Click Here).
- Look for the registration link and click on it.
- Fill in your personal details, including your name, contact information, and NEET UG details.
- Verify the information for accuracy.
- Submit the registration form.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Once registered, you’ll receive a notification about document verification.
- Attend the document verification session at the designated center.
- Bring the required documents, including:
- NEET UG Admit Card and Rank Card
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, passport, etc.)
- Caste/category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Passport-size photographs
Step 3: Choice Filling
- After successful document verification, you’ll receive a login ID and password.
- Log in to the counseling portal.
- Fill in your choices of colleges and courses based on your preferences.
- Make sure to prioritize your choices carefully.
- Save and lock your choices before the deadline.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- The counseling authority will conduct the seat allotment process based on your choices and NEET UG rank.
- Check the seat allotment result on the official website using your login credentials.
- If you’re satisfied with the allotted seat, you have the option to accept it.
- If not, you can participate in subsequent rounds of counseling.
Step 5: Reporting to Allotted College
- If you accept the allotted seat, you must report to the respective college within the specified timeframe.
- Pay the required admission fees and complete the admission formalities.
Step 6: Upgradation (Optional)
- If you want to upgrade your allotted seat, you can participate in the upgradation round.
- Follow the same choice filling and seat allotment process.
- NEET UG Admit Card
- NEET UG Rank Card
- Class 10th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Identity Proof (Aadhar card, passport, etc.)
- Caste/Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport-size Photographs
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Participating Medical Colleges
Government Medical College
|College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Government Quota||Management Quota|
|Patliputra Medical College and Hospital, Dhanbad||Binod Bihati Mahto Koyalanchal University, Dhanbad||Govt.||1969||100||Rs. 7,500/-||Rs. 8,100/-|
|Central Institute of Psychiatry Ranchi||Ranchi University||Govt.||1918||—||—||—|
|Ranchi Institute of Neuro-Psychiatry & Allied Sciences Kanke||Deemed University, Jharkhand||Govt.||1988||—||—||—|
|Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi||Ranchi University||Govt.||1960||180||Rs. 7,500/-||Rs. 10,050/-|
|Palamu Medical College, Palamu||Nilamber-Pitamber University||Govt.||2019||100||Rs. 8,980/- for Boys|
Rs. 2,980/- for Girls
|M G M Medical College, Jamshedpur||Kolhan University, Chaibasa||Govt.||1961||50||Rs. 9,130/-||Rs. 9,130/-|
|Hazaribagh Medical College, Hazaribagh||Binod Bihati Mahto Koyalanchal University, Dhanbad||Govt.||2019||100||9180/- for Boys|
3180/- for Girls
|Dumka Medical College, Dighi Dumka||Sidho Kanhu Murmu University||Govt.||2019||100||Rs. 7,500/-||Rs. 18,300/-|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Deoghar||Statutory Autonomous, AIIMS(New Delhi)||Govt.||2019||100||Rs. 5,856/-|
Private Medical Colleges
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake|
|1.||Laxmi Chandravansi Medical College & Hospital||Ramchandra Chandravansi University||Trust||2013||150|
|2||Manipal Tata Medical College,Baridih Jameshedpur||Manipal University, Manipal||Trust||2020||150|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What are the popular medical courses offered in Jharkhand?
A: Some of the popular medical courses offered in Jharkhand include MBBS, MD, MS, and more.
Q2. Are the medical colleges in Jharkhand recognized by the National Medical Commission?
A: Yes, all the medical colleges in Jharkhand are recognized by the National Medical Commisssion and offer courses that are recognized by National Medical Commission.
Q3. What is the admission process for medical colleges in Jharkhand?
A: The admission process for medical colleges in Jharkhand is through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Students have to qualify for the NEET exam and apply to the college of their choice through the counseling process.
Q4. What are the facilities provided by medical colleges in Jharkhand?
A: Medical colleges in Jharkhand provide state-of-the-art infrastructure, advanced research facilities, well-equipped labs, experienced faculty members, clinical training, hostel facilities, sports facilities, and more.
Q5. Are there any scholarships available for medical students in Jharkhand?
A: Yes, there are several scholarships available for medical students in Jharkhand, including the National Scholarship Scheme, State Government Scholarships, and more.
Q6. What is the fee structure for medical courses in Jharkhand?
A: The fee structure for medical courses in Jharkhand varies depending on the college and course. The government colleges have a comparatively lower fee structure than private colleges.
Q7. What is the duration of medical courses in Jharkhand?
A: The duration of MBBS course in Jharkhand is 5.5 years, which includes 4.5 years of academic education and 1 year of internship. The duration of MD/MS courses is 3 years.
Q8. Are there any reservations for SC/ST/OBC candidates in medical colleges in Jharkhand?
A: Yes, there are reservations for SC/ST/OBC candidates in medical colleges in Jharkhand as per the government norms.
Q9. What are the career options after completing medical courses in Jharkhand?
A: After completing medical courses in Jharkhand, students can pursue careers in various fields such as medical research, clinical practice, government services, education, and more.
Q10. What are the research opportunities available in medical colleges in Jharkhand?
A: Medical colleges in Jharkhand provide ample research opportunities for medical students and faculty members. These colleges have well-equipped research labs and collaborations with reputed research institutions that enable students to participate in cutting-edge medical research.
Q11. How is the healthcare system in Jharkhand?
A: The healthcare system in Jharkhand is developing rapidly with the government taking several initiatives to improve the healthcare infrastructure. The state has several hospitals, healthcare centers, and clinics that cater to the healthcare needs of the population.