Patliputra Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) is a medical college and hospital located in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India. The college was established in 1969 and provides quality medical education and healthcare services to the people of Jharkhand and its neighboring areas. The college is affiliated with Vinoba Bhave University and is recognized by the National Medical Commission and is one of the leading medical colleges in the state.
The college offers undergraduate medical courses like MBBS, Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Nursing. The college has a dedicated team of experienced faculty members who impart quality education to the students.
The PMCH campus is spread over an area of 25 acres and has state-of-the-art facilities to provide the best medical education to its students. The campus has modern lecture halls, well-equipped laboratories, a central library, and a computer center. The college also has a fully functional hospital that provides healthcare services to the people of Dhanbad and the neighboring areas. The hospital has more than 500 beds and is equipped with modern medical equipment.
The hospital at PMCH offers a range of medical services, including general medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, dermatology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, and many others. The hospital also has a well-equipped emergency department and intensive care units.
Apart from academics, PMCH also encourages extracurricular activities and sports. The college has a sports complex that has facilities for indoor and outdoor games like cricket, football, volleyball, and basketball. The college also organizes cultural and literary events to promote the overall development of the students.
|Name of Institute||Patliputra Medical College and Hospital, Dhanbad|
|Popular Name||PMCH, Dhanbad|
|Year of Establishment||1969|
|Affiliated to||Vinoba Bhave University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling conducting authority||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Jharkhand|
|Contact||Address: B.C.C.L. Township, Koyla Nagar, Dhanbad – 826005, Jharkhand |
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Vinoba Bhave University
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Government
Patliputra Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) has excellent facilities that provide a conducive environment for learning and healthcare services. The college is a great option for aspiring medical professionals due to its emphasis on practical training, extracurricular activities, and modern facilities.. Some of the key facilities at PMCH are:
Campus: The PMCH campus is spread over 25 acres and has modern infrastructure facilities, including modern lecture halls, laboratories, a central library, and a computer center.
Hospital: The college has a fully functional hospital that provides healthcare services to the people of Dhanbad and neighboring areas. The hospital includes modern medical equipment and around 500 beds. It provides a range of medical services, including general medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, dermatology, ophthalmology, and orthopaedics.
Hostel: PMCH provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. The required conveniences, such as comfy mattresses, study tables and chairs, wardrobes, and communal areas, are provided in the hostels.
Sports Complex: PMCH has a sports complex that has facilities for indoor and outdoor games like cricket, football, volleyball, and basketball.
Library: PMCH has a central library that houses a vast collection of medical books, journals, and research papers. The library also has an online database of medical journals and research papers.
Laboratories: The college has well-equipped laboratories for practical training in various medical disciplines.
Canteen: The college has a canteen that provides hygienic and nutritious food for students, staff, and patients.
Transport: PMCH provides transportation facilities for students and staff to commute to and from the campus.
Faculty and Staff
Patliputra Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) prides itself on having a highly qualified and experienced faculty and staff. The college has a dedicated faculty who are committed to offering students a top-notch medical education and practical training.
- The faculty members at PMCH are highly qualified and hold degrees from renowned institutions in India and abroad. They are experts in their fields and have extensive teaching and research experience. The faculty members are actively involved in research and publication of research papers in reputed medical journals.
- The faculty members at PMCH have a student-centric approach and are always available to clarify doubts and provide guidance to the students. They use modern teaching methods such as audio-visual aids, case studies, and group discussions to make the learning experience interactive and engaging.
- The college also has a team of highly trained and experienced staff members who provide administrative and support services to the college and hospital. The staff members include administrative staff, nurses, technicians, and other support staff. They are in charge of keeping the college’s and the hospital’s infrastructure in good shape, ensuring a clean and sanitary atmosphere, and offering patient support services.
- The faculty and staff at PMCH work together to ensure that the students receive the best possible education and practical training. They are dedicated to improving the overall well-being of the community and to providing patients with high-quality healthcare services.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||50|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
1. A link to the Jharkhand NEET 2022 application form will be provided by the counselling conducting Authority’s official website.
2. A separate link will be provided for candidates who are registering for the first time as well as those who have previously registered.
3. Already registered candidates can begin filling out the Jharkhand NEET application form using their login credentials.
4. Candidates must fill out the information such as NEET Roll No, Visual Identification Mark, NEET Percentile Score, Aadhar Number, All India NEET Rank, Whether a resident of Jharkhand, Father’s/Guardian name, Candidate’s Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Divyang with Benchmark Disability and Category on the application form for Jharkhand NEET admission
5. Candidates must upload their passport-size photograph, left-hand thumb impression, and signature after filling out the Jharkhand NEET application form with the information listed above. The authority will provide specifications for the same.
6. After filling out the application, the candidate must click on ‘Declaration’ and then proceed.
7. The final step in completing the Jharkhand NEET application form is to pay the application fee. Candidate must
- Medical students should review the Jharkhand MBBS merit list, which is available on the admissions website.
- Candidates who are on the merit list for Jharkhand NEET counselling must verify the necessary documents for Jharkhand NEET counselling .
- Medical aspirants must first have their documents verified at the designated center, after which they must choose a college and course based on their rank in the state merit list for Jharkhand NEET counselling.
- Candidates who do not receive a seat in the first round of Jharkhand MBBS counselling will be eligible to participate in the subsequent rounds.
- Jharkhand NEET counseling online choice filling will appear on the screen. A list of colleges will be available, including the college name, college code, location, courses, and district name.
- Candidates who will submit the fees for state quota of 85 % seats will be eligible to apply for both the category of seats.
After every round of counseling, the seat allotment result will be declared. NEET counseling results, released in the form of the seat allotment list and seat allotment letter, will release to the seat allotted to the candidates. Candidates can check their name, roll no., allotted category, candidates’ category, allotted college, quota, and course in the NEET seat allotment list. The seat allotment letter is an important document that needs to be submitted at the time of reporting to the allotted college along with other mandatory documents.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates should report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. At the time of reporting to the allotted college, candidates must submit the original copies of the mandatory documents.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC will hold four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Non Refundable Fee||Refundable Fee|
|UR||INR 1,000||INR 10,000|
|SC/ST/OBC/PwD||INR 500||INR 5000|
|All Categories||INR 5,000||INR 2,00,000|
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31)|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.Minimum 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
MBBS College Predictor
MBBS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which MBBS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off date, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MBBS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MBBS Admission Consultant
A MBBS Admission Consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) courses in India. Our consultant typically has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of medical education and can help students navigate the complex admissions process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Patliputra Medical College and Hospital, Dhanbad
- Address: B.C.C.L. Township, Koyla Nagar, Dhanbad – 826005, Jharkhand
- Admission Helpline no: 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Patliputra Medical College and Hospital, Dhanbad|
For UG Courses
- Category certificate
- Class 10 and 12 marksheet
- Class 10 and 12 passing certificate
- Local/Permanent resident certificate
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Score Card
- Photo ID proof
- Recent passport size photographs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses are offered at PMCH?
A. PMCH offers undergraduate medical courses like MBBS, Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Nursing.
Q. Is PMCH affiliated with any university?
A. Yes, PMCH is affiliated with Vinoba Bhave University.
Q. Is PMCH recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC)?
A. Yes, PMCH is recognized by the National Medical Commission.
Q. What facilities are available at PMCH?
A. PMCH has modern infrastructure facilities, including lecture halls, laboratories, a central library, a computer center, a fully functional hospital with more than 500 beds and modern medical equipment, separate hostel facilities for boys and girls, a sports complex, and a canteen.
Q. What is the qualification of the faculty members at PMCH?
A. The faculty members at PMCH are highly qualified and hold degrees from renowned institutions in India and abroad.
Q. What teaching methods are used by the faculty members at PMCH?
A. The faculty members at PMCH use modern teaching methods such as audio-visual aids, case studies, and group discussions to make the learning experience interactive and engaging.
Q. Are extracurricular activities encouraged at PMCH?
A. Yes, PMCH encourages extracurricular activities and has a sports complex that has facilities for indoor and outdoor games. The college also organizes cultural and literary events to promote the overall development of the students.
Q. Is transportation available for students and staff at PMCH?
A. Yes, PMCH provides transportation facilities for students and staff to commute to and from the campus.