Palamu Medical College Palamu (PMC) is a medical institution located in Palamu district, Jharkhand, India. It was founded in 2019 with the intention of leading the region’s medical education and research landscape and generating highly qualified and competent medical professionals who can have a positive impact on the healthcare industry. The college is affiliated with Nilamber Pitamber University and also has received recognitio from the National Medical Commission.
The college provides a five-and-a-half-year MBBS programme, including a one-year internship, in accordance with NMC criteria. It includes clinical rotations and exposure as well as theoretical and practical training. Postgraduate courses are also available in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, and Pathology.
NEET scores and other eligibility requirements established by the college and university are used to determine admission to PMC’s MBBS programme. Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements by passing the 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core courses and earning a minimum of 50% for general category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC students in the aggregate.
Extracurricular activities like athletics, cultural festivals, and academic competitions are highly valued at the college. The college offers students the chance to explore their interests and abilities through a number of clubs and societies, including the Music and Theatre Society, Sports Club, and Literary Club.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered And Seat Intake
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Counselling Registration
- 10 Counselling Process
- 11 Document Required
- 12 Counselling Fee
- 13 Eligibility Criteria
- 14 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 15 Palamu Medical College, Palamu Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 16 Palamu Medical College, Palamu Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 17 Contact Details
- 18 Ranking & Reputation
- 19 NEET College Predictors
- 20 NEET Rank Predictors
- 21 Expert Admission Consultants
- 22 Frequently Asked Questions
- 22.1 Q. What courses does Palamu Medical College offer?
- 22.2 Q. What is the admission process for Palamu Medical College?
- 22.3 Q. What is the student-teacher ratio at Palamu Medical College?
- 22.4 Q. Does Palamu Medical College have a hospital?
- 22.5 Q. What are the facilities available at Palamu Medical College?
- 22.6 Q. What are the job prospects after completing a course from Palamu Medical College?
- 22.7 Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course at Palamu Medical College?
- 22.8 Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course at Palamu Medical College?
- 22.9 Q. What is the placement record of Palamu Medical College?
|Name of Institute||Palamu Medical College Palamu|
|Popular Name||PMC, Palamu|
|Year of Establishment||1961|
|Affiliated to||Nilamber Pitamber University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling conducting authority||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Jharkhand|
|Contact||Address: Pokhraha Khurd, Shiv Nagar, Medininagar Palamu – 822101 |
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Nilamber Pitamber University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
- Aid Status: Government
Palamu Medical College provides its students with a variety of amenities to ensure that they have a positive learning environment in which to focus on their academic and personal growth. The following are some of the college’s significant Infrastructure:
- Infrastructure: The campus has modern infrastructure, including spacious classrooms, well-equipped labs, a well-stocked library, and a hospital with cutting-edge tools and services.
- Hostel amenities: hostel amenities include comfy mattresses, study tables, chairs, and round-the-clock security in separate dormitories for males and girls at the college.
- Facilities at the hospital: PMC features a 500-bed hospital with cutting-edge equipment like CT scan, MRI, and dialysis machines. The hospital acts as a practical training ground for students and offers medical services to patients around-the-clock.
- Library: There are plenty of textbooks, reference books, periodicals, and online resources in the campus library. Students and faculty members can use the library, which has contemporary amenities like computers, printers, and scanners.
- Laboratories: PMC includes well-equipped labs for a variety of fields, including pathology, anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry. Modern equipment and facilities are provided in the labs to assist practical training and research operations.
- Sports: The institution has a sports pitch where students can play outdoor games like football, cricket and volleyball. Moreover, the college features carom, chess, and table tennis facilities.
- Transportation services: The college offers transportation services for its instructors and staff to travel between the college and the hostel.
Faculty and Staff
- In order to give students a top-notch education and training, a medical college’s faculty and staff are crucial. They are in charge of giving lectures, running practical sessions, supervising research efforts, and advising and supporting students. The faculty and staff at a medical college normally include professors, associate professors, assistant professors, lecturers, clinical instructors, and support staff like lab technicians, office workers, and security personnel.
- A medical college’s teachers and staff are required to have great communication and interpersonal skills, to be personable and patient, and to have a genuine interest in the well-being and success of their students, in addition to their academic qualifications and competence. They collaborate to create a welcoming learning environment that promotes academic and personal growth.
- A strict selection process is typically used at medical colleges when hiring faculty and staff. Applicants are judged according to their educational background, professional experience, ability to teach, background in research, and other pertinent aspects. In order to give their students the greatest instruction and training possible, the teachers and staff at a medical college are expected to regularly update their knowledge and abilities and stay abreast of the most recent advancements in their field.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
|For State Quota||Rs. 8,980/- for Boys|
Rs. 2,980/- for Girls
|For AIQ Quota||—|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official website for Jharkhand NEET UG Counselling (https://jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in/).
- Click on the registration link.
- Fill in your details, including:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Disability status
- Educational Qualification
- Email Id
- Mobile Number
- Communication Address
- Review the information for accuracy.
- Submit the form.
Step 2: Upload Documents
- You’ll be prompted to upload the following documents:
- Recent color photograph with a white background (20kb-50kb)
- Signature on white paper with blue/black ink (10kb-20kb)
- Other relevant documents (e.g., category certificates, qualification certificates) as a single PDF file (size not exceeding 500 KB).
Step 3: Preview Uploaded Images
- After uploading, preview the uploaded images.
- Ensure that your photograph and signature are clearly visible in the appropriate spaces.
- If the images are not satisfactory, you can re-upload them following the same procedure.
- Confirm that the spaces for photograph and signature are not swapped.
Step 4: Declaration and Final Submission
- Review all filled information.
- If all details are correct, select the ‘declaration’ checkbox.
- Click on the final SUBMIT button.
- After submission, an application/registration number will be generated.
- You will receive an email and SMS with the application number and password. Keep these for future reference.
Step 5: Application Fee Payment
- Click on the provided link for fee payment.
- Follow the instructions to complete the payment.
- Payment can be made through Internet banking, Debit Card, or Credit Card.
- After payment, save the payment slip for reference.
- Bank charges/payment gateway charges are the applicant’s responsibility.
- Ensure payment is made within the due date.
|Category||Fee (in Rs)|
|UR/ OBC||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ ST/ Women candidates||250|
|Category||Fee (in Rs)|
|UR/ OBC||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ Women candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Divyang Candidates of any category||Rs. 500/-|
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website for Jharkhand NEET UG Counselling (Click Here).
- Look for the registration link and click on it.
- Fill in your personal details, including your name, contact information, and NEET UG details.
- Verify the information for accuracy.
- Submit the registration form.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Once registered, you’ll receive a notification about document verification.
- Attend the document verification session at the designated center.
- Bring the required documents, including:
- NEET UG Admit Card and Rank Card
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, passport, etc.)
- Caste/category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Passport-size photographs
Step 3: Choice Filling
- After successful document verification, you’ll receive a login ID and password.
- Log in to the counseling portal.
- Fill in your choices of colleges and courses based on your preferences.
- Make sure to prioritize your choices carefully.
- Save and lock your choices before the deadline.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- The counseling authority will conduct the seat allotment process based on your choices and NEET UG rank.
- Check the seat allotment result on the official website using your login credentials.
- If you’re satisfied with the allotted seat, you have the option to accept it.
- If not, you can participate in subsequent rounds of counseling.
Step 5: Reporting to Allotted College
- If you accept the allotted seat, you must report to the respective college within the specified timeframe.
- Pay the required admission fees and complete the admission formalities.
Step 6: Upgradation (Optional)
- If you want to upgrade your allotted seat, you can participate in the upgradation round.
- Follow the same choice filling and seat allotment process.
- NEET UG Admit Card
- NEET UG Rank Card
- Class 10th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet and Certificate
- Identity Proof (Aadhar card, passport, etc.)
- Caste/Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport-size Photographs
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Palamu Medical College, Palamu Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy|
|Category||State Merit||(AIR)||Marks||State Merit||AIR||Marks||State Merit||AIR||Marks||State Merit||AIR||Marks|
Palamu Medical College, Palamu Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|ounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Palamu Medical College, Palamu
- Address: Pokhraha Khurd, Shiv Nagar, Medininagar Palamu – 822101
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Palamu Medical College, Palamu|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses does Palamu Medical College offer?
A. Palamu Medical College offers undergraduate medical courses such as MBBS.
Q. What is the admission process for Palamu Medical College?
A. The admission process for Palamu Medical College is based on the NEET-UG and NEET-PG scores for undergraduate and postgraduate courses, respectively. Students must also meet the eligibility criteria and attend the counseling process to secure a seat in the college.
Q. What is the student-teacher ratio at Palamu Medical College?
A. Palamu Medical College has a good student-teacher ratio of around 1:7, ensuring that students receive individual attention and support.
Q. Does Palamu Medical College have a hospital?
A. Yes, Palamu Medical College has a 500-bed hospital with state-of-the-art facilities such as CT Scan, MRI, and Dialysis machines. The hospital provides 24-hour medical services to patients and serves as a practical training ground for students.
Q. What are the facilities available at Palamu Medical College?
A. Palamu Medical College has a wide range of facilities, including well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, library, sports facilities, hostels, transportation facilities, and hospital facilities.
Q. What are the job prospects after completing a course from Palamu Medical College?
A. After completing a course from Palamu Medical College, students can pursue a career in various fields such as healthcare, research, and academics. They can work as doctors, nurses, medical researchers, medical educators, or medical administrators, among others.
Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course at Palamu Medical College?
A The MBBS course at Palamu Medical College is of five and a half years, including one year of compulsory internship.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course at Palamu Medical College?
A. To be eligible for admission to the MBBS course at Palamu Medical College, candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects and obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Q. What is the placement record of Palamu Medical College?
A. Palamu Medical College has a good placement record, with many students being placed in reputed hospitals and healthcare organizations across the country. The college also offers career counseling and placement services to its students.