Palamu Medical College (PMC) is a medical institution located in Palamu district, Jharkhand, India. It was founded in 2019 with the intention of leading the region’s medical education and research landscape and generating highly qualified and competent medical professionals who can have a positive impact on the healthcare industry. The college is affiliated with Nilamber Pitamber University and also has received recognitio from the National Medical Commission.
The college provides a five-and-a-half-year MBBS programme, including a one-year internship, in accordance with NMC criteria. It includes clinical rotations and exposure as well as theoretical and practical training. Postgraduate courses are also available in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, and Pathology.
NEET scores and other eligibility requirements established by the college and university are used to determine admission to PMC’s MBBS programme. Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements by passing the 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core courses and earning a minimum of 50% for general category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC students in the aggregate.
Extracurricular activities like athletics, cultural festivals, and academic competitions are highly valued at the college. The college offers students the chance to explore their interests and abilities through a number of clubs and societies, including the Music and Theatre Society, Sports Club, and Literary Club.
|Name of Institute||Palamu Medical College, Palamu|
|Popular Name||PMC, Palamu|
|Year of Establishment||1961|
|Affiliated to||Nilamber Pitamber University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling conducting authority||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Jharkhand|
|Contact||Address: Pokhraha Khurd, Shiv Nagar, Medininagar Palamu – 822101 |
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
Affiliated with: Nilamber Pitamber University
Approved by: National Medical Commission, New Delhi
Aid Status: Government
Palamu Medical College provides its students with a variety of amenities to ensure that they have a positive learning environment in which to focus on their academic and personal growth. The following are some of the college’s significant Infrastructure:
Infrastructure: The campus has modern infrastructure, including spacious classrooms, well-equipped labs, a well-stocked library, and a hospital with cutting-edge tools and services.
Hostel amenities: hostel amenities include comfy mattresses, study tables, chairs, and round-the-clock security in separate dormitories for males and girls at the college.
Facilities at the hospital: PMC features a 500-bed hospital with cutting-edge equipment like CT scan, MRI, and dialysis machines. The hospital acts as a practical training ground for students and offers medical services to patients around-the-clock.
Library: There are plenty of textbooks, reference books, periodicals, and online resources in the campus library. Students and faculty members can use the library, which has contemporary amenities like computers, printers, and scanners.
Laboratories: PMC includes well-equipped labs for a variety of fields, including pathology, anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry. Modern equipment and facilities are provided in the labs to assist practical training and research operations.
Sports: The institution has a sports pitch where students can play outdoor games like football, cricket and volleyball. Moreover, the college features carom, chess, and table tennis facilities.
Transportation services: The college offers transportation services for its instructors and staff to travel between the college and the hostel.
Faculty and Staff
- In order to give students a top-notch education and training, a medical college’s faculty and staff are crucial. They are in charge of giving lectures, running practical sessions, supervising research efforts, and advising and supporting students. The faculty and staff at a medical college normally include professors, associate professors, assistant professors, lecturers, clinical instructors, and support staff like lab technicians, office workers, and security personnel.
- A medical college’s teachers and staff are required to have great communication and interpersonal skills, to be personable and patient, and to have a genuine interest in the well-being and success of their students, in addition to their academic qualifications and competence. They collaborate to create a welcoming learning environment that promotes academic and personal growth.
- A strict selection process is typically used at medical colleges when hiring faculty and staff. Applicants are judged according to their educational background, professional experience, ability to teach, background in research, and other pertinent aspects. In order to give their students the greatest instruction and training possible, the teachers and staff at a medical college are expected to regularly update their knowledge and abilities and stay abreast of the most recent advancements in their field.
Courses Offered And Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||100|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
1. A link to the Jharkhand NEET 2022 application form will be provided by the counselling conducting Authority’s official website.
2. A separate link will be provided for candidates who are registering for the first time as well as those who have previously registered.
3. Already registered candidates can begin filling out the Jharkhand NEET application form using their login credentials.
4. Candidates must fill out the information such as NEET Roll No, Visual Identification Mark, NEET Percentile Score, Aadhar Number, All India NEET Rank, Whether a resident of Jharkhand, Father’s/Guardian name, Candidate’s Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Divyang with Benchmark Disability and Category on the application form for Jharkhand NEET admission
5. Candidates must upload their passport-size photograph, left-hand thumb impression, and signature after filling out the Jharkhand NEET application form with the information listed above. The authority will provide specifications for the same.
6. After filling out the application, the candidate must click on ‘Declaration’ and then proceed.
7. The final step in completing the Jharkhand NEET application form is to pay the application fee. Candidate must
- Medical students should review the Jharkhand MBBS merit list, which is available on the admissions website.
- Candidates who are on the merit list for Jharkhand NEET counselling must verify the necessary documents for Jharkhand NEET counselling .
- Medical aspirants must first have their documents verified at the designated center, after which they must choose a college and course based on their rank in the state merit list for Jharkhand NEET counselling.
- Candidates who do not receive a seat in the first round of Jharkhand MBBS counselling will be eligible to participate in the subsequent rounds.
- Jharkhand NEET counseling online choice filling will appear on the screen. A list of colleges will be available, including the college name, college code, location, courses, and district name.
- Candidates who will submit the fees for state quota of 85 % seats will be eligible to apply for both the category of seats.
After every round of counseling, the seat allotment result will be declared. NEET counseling results, released in the form of the seat allotment list and seat allotment letter, will release to the seat allotted to the candidates. Candidates can check their name, roll no., allotted category, candidates’ category, allotted college, quota, and course in the NEET seat allotment list. The seat allotment letter is an important document that needs to be submitted at the time of reporting to the allotted college along with other mandatory documents.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates should report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. At the time of reporting to the allotted college, candidates must submit the original copies of the mandatory documents.
MCC 15 % AIQ Quota
Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The MCC is responsible for conducting online counselling for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental courses in India, including MBBS and BDS, through the NEET UG and NEET PG exams, respectively.
The MCC conducts centralized counselling for the All India Quota (AIQ) seats in government medical and dental colleges across India, as well as for seats in Deemed and Central Universities, ESIC, and AFMC colleges. The counselling process involves registration, choice filling, seat allotment, document verification, and admission to the allotted colleges.
MCC NEET Counselling Registration
MCC will hold four rounds of NEET-UG counseling for AIQ, including a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. Following the completion of Round 2, the MCC will fill the remaining seats in a mop-up round and a stray vacancy round. The following steps must be taken:
- Visit the official website: Visit the official website of MCC (https://mcc.nic.in/) and click on the “UG Medical Counseling” tab.
- New registration: Click on “New Registration” and fill in all the required details such as personal details, contact details, NEET exam details, and security pin. After filling in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Login credentials: After successful registration, a new page will appear with your login credentials. Use these credentials to log in and fill in your choices of colleges and courses.
- Choice filling: Fill in your preferred colleges and courses in order of priority. You can choose as many choices as you want.
- Locking of choices: After you have filled in your choices, you need to lock them by clicking on the “Lock Choices” button. Once the choices are locked, you cannot make any changes.
- Seat allotment: The MCC conducts the seat allotment process based on your rank, category, and the choices filled by you. You will be able to see your seat allotment result on the official website.
- Reporting to the allotted college: If you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you need to report to the allotted college within the specified time with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.
MCC Counselling Fees Structure
|15% AIQ/ Central Universities||Non Refundable Fee||Refundable Fee|
|UR||INR 1,000||INR 10,000|
|SC/ST/OBC/PwD||INR 500||INR 5000|
|All Categories||INR 5,000||INR 2,00,000|
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31)|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognised board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.Minimum 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Percentile Criteria|
|General/EWS & PH Category||116-105||45th Percentile|
|SC/BC & PH Category||104-93||40th Percentile|
MBBS College Predictor
MBBS College Predictor is a tool or software that helps students predict which MBBS colleges they are likely to get admission in based on their NEET UG score, preferred location, and category. The predictor tool uses the previous year’s cut-off date, admission trends, and other relevant factors to generate a list of BDS colleges that match the student’s score and preferences.
The MBBS College Predictor tool helps students make informed decisions about their admission process by giving them an idea of the colleges they may get admission to. It also helps them plan their application process by shortlisting colleges based on their preferences and eligibility criteria.
MBBS Admission Consultant
A MBBS Admission Consultant is a professional who provides guidance and assistance to students seeking admission to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) courses in India. Our consultant typically has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of medical education and can help students navigate the complex admissions process. Helping students choose the right colleges based on their academic record, career goals, and personal preferences.
Assisting students with the application process, including filling out application forms, writing personal statements, and gathering necessary documents. Our top admission consultants are committed to serving each individual with the utmost integrity around the clock. Feel free to contact our admission consultant for any admission-related queries.
Palamu Medical College, Palamu
- Address: Pokhraha Khurd, Shiv Nagar, Medininagar Palamu – 822101
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number: 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Palamu Medical College, Palamu|
For UG Courses
- Category certificate
- Class 10 and 12 marksheet
- Class 10 and 12 passing certificate
- Local/Permanent resident certificate
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Score Card
- Photo ID proof
- Recent passport size photographs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What courses does Palamu Medical College offer?
A. Palamu Medical College offers undergraduate medical courses such as MBBS, B.Sc Nursing, and postgraduate courses such as MD, MS, and M.Sc Nursing.
Q. What is the admission process for Palamu Medical College?
A. The admission process for Palamu Medical College is based on the NEET-UG and NEET-PG scores for undergraduate and postgraduate courses, respectively. Students must also meet the eligibility criteria and attend the counseling process to secure a seat in the college.
Q. What is the student-teacher ratio at Palamu Medical College?
A. Palamu Medical College has a good student-teacher ratio of around 1:7, ensuring that students receive individual attention and support.
Q. Does Palamu Medical College have a hospital?
A. Yes, Palamu Medical College has a 500-bed hospital with state-of-the-art facilities such as CT Scan, MRI, and Dialysis machines. The hospital provides 24-hour medical services to patients and serves as a practical training ground for students.
Q. What are the facilities available at Palamu Medical College?
A. Palamu Medical College has a wide range of facilities, including well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, library, sports facilities, hostels, transportation facilities, and hospital facilities.
Q. What are the job prospects after completing a course from Palamu Medical College?
A. After completing a course from Palamu Medical College, students can pursue a career in various fields such as healthcare, research, and academics. They can work as doctors, nurses, medical researchers, medical educators, or medical administrators, among others.
Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course at Palamu Medical College?
A The MBBS course at Palamu Medical College is of five and a half years, including one year of compulsory internship.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course at Palamu Medical College?
A. To be eligible for admission to the MBBS course at Palamu Medical College, candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects and obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Q. What is the placement record of Palamu Medical College?
A. Palamu Medical College has a good placement record, with many students being placed in reputed hospitals and healthcare organizations across the country. The college also offers career counseling and placement services to its students.