Medical colleges in Sikkim is gaining popularity among students due to the presence of reputed medical colleges in the state. The Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS), a joint venture between the Government of Sikkim and the Manipal Education and Medical Group, is the state’s only government medical college.
SMIMS offers undergraduate medical (MBBS) programmes as well as postgraduate studies in a variety of specializations such as surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, and so on. The college is noted for its cutting-edge infrastructure and excellent teachers, which provide students with a high-quality education.
Medical education in Sikkim is a promising field for individuals who want to be doctors and healthcare professionals. The state’s medical colleges provide a conducive environment for learning and growth, and the state government is also taking steps to promote medical education and healthcare services throughout the state.
- 1 Medical Course Facts
- 2 Why Sikkim is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- 3 About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- 4 Career Opportunities & Scope
- 5 Salary Range & Job Outlook
- 6 Sikkim NEET Counselling Procees
- 7 Counselling Registration
- 8 Counselling Process
- 9 Documents Required
- 10 Counselling Fee
- 11 Eligibility Criteria
- 12 NEET UG Cutoff
- 13 NEET College Predictors
- 14 NEET Rank Predictors
- 15 Expert Admission Consultants
- 16 Frequently Asked Questions
- 17 Q: How many medical colleges does Sikkim have?
- 18 Q: How does the Sikkim medical college admissions process work?
- 19 Q: Does Sikkim have a reservation policy for admission to medical college?
- 20 Q: What courses are available in Sikkim's medical colleges?
- 21 Q: What is the cost of medical college in Sikkim?
Medical Course Facts
|Examination Type||NEET-UG Exam||NEET-PG Exam|
|Approval From||National Medical Commission||National Medical Commission|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||MBBS Degree|
|Duration||5.5 years||3 years|
|Popular Medical Colleges in India||AIIMS AFMC JIPMER CMC Vellore KMC Manipal||AIIMS PGI Chandigarh CMC Vellore JIPMER KMC Manipal|
|Popular Medical Colleges In Sikkim||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences, Gangtok|
Why Sikkim is a popular destination for Medical aspirants?
- Sikkim is a popular destination for medical students due to the existence of several reputable medical colleges that provide high-quality medical education and training. The state has a well-established healthcare infrastructure and provides a welcoming atmosphere for medical students to conduct their studies. Furthermore, the state offers a diversified population with a variety of health challenges, allowing students to gain clinical experience and practical learning chances.
- Medical institutions in Sikkim offer a comprehensive curriculum, cutting-edge infrastructure, and highly qualified teachers, ensuring that students acquire a well-rounded education in both theoretical and practical parts of medicine. Sikkim also boasts a low student-to-faculty ratio, which ensures that pupils receive individual attention and assistance from their lecturers.
- Sikkim is known for its natural beauty, quiet setting, and favorable weather conditions, making it a great destination for medical students looking for a calm and pleasant environment in which to study. Sikkim is a popular location for medical aspirants due to its unique blend of high-quality medical education, a favorable learning environment, and broad clinical exposure.
About Medical Course (MBBS & MD/MS)
- Medical education in India includes a wide range of courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In India, the two most popular medical curricula are MBBS and MD/MS.
- The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree programme lasts five and a half years. The programme consists of four and a half years of academic study and one year of mandatory internship. Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Forensic Medicine are among the subjects covered in the programme.
- Students who have completed their MBBS can pursue postgraduate medical courses such as MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery). The MD programme is a three-year postgraduate programme that focuses on clinical, non-surgical fields of medicine, whereas the MS programme focuses on surgical fields of medicine.
- Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, and many other specialisations are available in MD and MS programmes.
- Students interested in pursuing MBBS and MD/MS programmes in India must pass the NEET (National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test) exam, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is required for admission to all medical schools in the country.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Medical candidates with an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) degree have a diverse range of job options. Some prominent employment paths for medical graduates include:
- Clinical Practise: MBBS graduates have the option of working as a general practitioner or family physician. MD/MS graduates can pursue careers as specialists in fields such as surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, and so on.
- Research: Medical graduates can work in pharmaceutical businesses, research organisations, or university institutions to pursue a career in research.
- Academics: Medical graduates can pursue a career as faculty members in medical colleges or universities.
- Public Health: Medical graduates with a background in public health can work in government or private organisations that focus on public health programmes such as health promotion, illness prevention, and healthcare policy.
- Hospital Management: Medical graduates can also serve as hospital administrators or healthcare managers in hospital management.
- Entrepreneurship: Medical graduates with a bachelor’s degree can open their own private clinics, hospitals, or healthcare-related companies.
Medical applicants have a wide range of chances for career advancement and professional development. The demand for competent and qualified medical personnel is likely to rise in the coming years as medical research and technology develop.
Salary Range & Job Outlook
- Medical candidates’ income ranges and career prospects vary depending on aspects such as location, experience, and speciality. Medical experts, on the other hand, are often well compensated and in high demand.
- As per report, the average compensation for an MBBS graduate in India is around INR 724,000 per year, whereas the average salary for an MD/MS graduate is around INR 1,382,000 per year. However, these figures can vary greatly depending on region, experience, and expertise.
- Medical personnel are in high demand in India and around the world. The need for healthcare services and medical experts is predicted to rise as the population grows. According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS), employment of physicians and surgeons in the United States is expected to expand at the same rate as the national average from 2019 to 2029.
- The job market for medical candidates is promising, with numerous career routes and prospects for growth and promotion.
Here is an approximate salary range for MBBS and MD/MS graduates in various job profiles based on industry standards and research:
|Job Profile||Salary Range for MBBS||Salary Range for MD/MS|
|General Physician||INR 4,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Officer||INR 3,00,000 – 8,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum|
|Resident Doctor||INR 3,00,000 – 10,00,000 per annum||INR 6,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum|
|Junior Consultant||INR 5,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
|Senior Consultant||INR 10,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum||INR 20,00,000 – 50,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Professor||INR 8,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum||INR 15,00,000 – 35,00,000 per annum|
|Medical Researcher||INR 4,00,000 – 15,00,000 per annum||INR 8,00,000 – 25,00,000 per annum|
Sikkim NEET Counselling Procees
Step 1: Visit the Official Website
- Go to the official website designated for Sikkim NEET Counseling 2023. Search for it using a search engine if needed.
Step 2: Find the Registration Link
- Look for the “Registration” or “New Candidate Registration” link on the website’s homepage.
Step 3: Click on Registration
- Click on the registration link to start the registration process.
Step 4: Enter Personal Details
- Fill in your NEET roll number, name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, and other requested information.
Step 5: Create a Password
- Create a strong password following the specified criteria, typically including a mix of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
Step 6: Verify Information
- Double-check all the details you’ve entered for accuracy.
Step 7: Submit
- Once you’re sure all the information is correct, click the “Submit” or “Register” button.
Step 8: Confirmation
- You’ll receive a confirmation message or email indicating that your registration was successful. This message may contain a unique registration ID or reference number.
Step 1: Log In
- Visit the official website for Sikkim NEET Counseling and log in using your NEET roll number and the password you created during registration.
Step 2: Personal Details Verification
- Verify your personal information displayed on the dashboard. Ensure it’s accurate.
Step 3: Choice Filling
- Select and prioritize your preferred colleges and courses from the available options based on your NEET rank.
Step 4: Lock Choices
- After making your selections, lock your choices within the specified deadline. Once locked, you can’t change them.
Step 5: Seat Allotment
- Wait for the counseling authority to announce the seat allotment results. You’ll be informed about the college and course allocated to you.
Step 6: Accept or Reject Allotment
- If you’re satisfied with the allotted seat, you can choose to accept it. If not, you may reject it and participate in subsequent counseling rounds.
Step 7: Reporting
- If you accept the allotted seat, follow the instructions provided to report to the allocated college within the given timeframe. You may need to pay admission fees and provide necessary documents.
Step 8: Subsequent Rounds (Optional)
- If you reject the initial seat allotment or wish to participate in further rounds, you can do so. Repeat the choice filling and seat allotment process for subsequent rounds.
Step 9: Final Reporting
- Once you are satisfied with the seat allotted to you, complete the final reporting process at the allocated college to confirm your admission.
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Scorecard
- Class 10th Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate of Sikkim
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport-size Photographs
- Aadhaar Card or any other valid ID proof
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include biology, chemistry, English, and physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cutoff
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Participating Medical Colleges
|Sr. No||College Name||Affiliation||Institute Type||Established Year||Seat Intake||Fees Structure|
|Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences, Gangtok||Sikkim Manipal Univ. of Health,Medical & Tech. Scs||Trust||2000||150|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many medical colleges does Sikkim have?
A: Currently, Sikkim has only one medical college, the Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS).
Q: How does the Sikkim medical college admissions process work?
A: Admission to medical colleges in Sikkim is based on the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (NEET), which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Students must qualify for NEET and apply for admission to medical schools based on their NEET scores.
Q: Does Sikkim have a reservation policy for admission to medical college?
A: Yes, Sikkim has a reservation policy for admission to medical institutes that follows the rules established by the Government of India. Reservations are available for SC, ST, OBC, EWS, and PwD.
Q: What courses are available in Sikkim's medical colleges?
A: The Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS) provides undergraduate programmes such as MBBS and B.Sc. (Medical Imaging Technology) as well as postgraduate programmes such as MD (Anatomy), MD (Physiology), MD (Biochemistry), MD (Microbiology), MD (Pharmacology), MD (Community Medicine), and MD (General Medicine).
Q: What is the cost of medical college in Sikkim?
A: The fee structure for medical education in Sikkim varies by college. However, as comparison to other states, the prices for medical courses in Mizoram are very affordable.