Hi-Tech Medical College Hospital Bhubaneswar is Eastern India’s and Odisha’s first private medical college. It has been a Medical College par excellence since its inception, attracting faculty and students from all over the country. This college started its journey in 2005 under the collaboration of Utkal University and is certified by the Medical Council of India.
It was founded through the pioneering efforts of illustrious doctors of national renown. Their footprints can still be found in the college’s lecture theatres, laboratories, library, and corridors.
Hi-Tech Medical College, Bhubaneswar (HMCH, BBSR) is a multidisciplinary institute that provides a wide range of services for patient diagnosis and care, and it currently provides the best medical education in Odisha’s capital, Bhubaneswar. HMCH, BBSR is synonymous with high-quality clinical care, cutting-edge research, and quality training all in one location.
It is a private medical college with a 500-bed Tertiary Teaching Hospital. The Medical Council of India recognises its 100 MBBS annual seat intake. The college also provides postgraduate courses in a variety of disciplines.
HMCH has a sprawling campus with a well-planned and aesthetically designed structure that houses the hospital, medical college, school of nursing, separate hostel for boys and girls, recreation facilities, and so on. College is unique in that the induction programme focuses on a hands-on, interactive approach to lectures.
- 1 Highlight
- 2 Affiliation and Recognition
- 3 Facilities and Infrastructure
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Course Offered
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees Structure
- 9 Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
- 10 Counselling Process
- 11 Documents Required
- 12 Eligibility Criteria
- 13 NEET UG Cut Off 2023
- 14 Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
- 15 NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
- 16 Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 17 Ranking & Reputation
- 18 Contact Details
- 19 NEET College Predictors
- 20 NEET Rank Predictors
- 21 Expert Admission Consultants
- 22 FAQs
- 22.1 Q. What is the official website for Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital Bhubaneswar?
- 22.2 Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at HMCH Bhubaneswar?
- 22.3 Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar?
- 22.4 Q. Is Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar a govt. or private medical college?
- 22.5 Q. What is the location of Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar?
- 22.6 Q. When was Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar established?
- 22.7 Q. How do an individual apply for MBBS at Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar?
|Name of Institute||Hi-Tech Medical College Hospital Bhubaneswar|
|Popular Name||HMCH, Hi-Tech Medical College, Bhubaneswar|
|Year of Establishment||2005|
|Affiliated to||Utkal University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counseling Conducted Authority||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam For UG Exam||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam For PG Exam||NEET PG Exam 2023|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Odisha|
|Contact||Address: Pandara, Rasulgarh, Bhubaneswar, Orissa|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation and Recognition
- Affiliated with: Utkal University
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Private
Facilities and Infrastructure
Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital in Bhubaneswar offers a range of facilities and infrastructure to support medical education and healthcare services. Here are some of the key facilities and infrastructure you can typically find at the institution:
- Academic Buildings: The college is equipped with modern academic buildings featuring well-furnished classrooms and lecture halls, providing an optimal environment for learning.
- Library: A well-stocked library is available, housing a comprehensive collection of medical textbooks, journals, and digital resources to support students and faculty in their academic and research endeavors.
- Laboratories: State-of-the-art laboratories for various medical disciplines, such as anatomy, physiology, pathology, microbiology, and more, offer students hands-on experience and practical training.
- Hospital: An attached hospital serves as a teaching hospital for students and provides healthcare services to the community. The hospital includes various departments, specialty clinics, and state-of-the-art medical equipment.
- Hostel Facilities: The institution typically offers accommodation options for students, including both AC and non-AC rooms, to cater to the needs of students from different backgrounds and locations.
- Cafeteria: A cafeteria or dining area provides meals and refreshments for students, faculty, and visitors, ensuring access to food services within the campus.
- Auditorium: An auditorium with modern audio-visual equipment is available for hosting seminars, conferences, workshops, and other academic and cultural events.
- Recreation Facilities: Students can enjoy recreational facilities, including sports grounds, gymnasiums, and common rooms for relaxation and extracurricular activities.
- Medical Facilities: The institution may have medical facilities on campus, including clinics and an emergency room, to cater to the healthcare needs of students and staff.
- Research Facilities: Research labs and facilities support medical research and academic projects, encouraging faculty and students to engage in cutting-edge research.
- Transport: Transport services may be provided to facilitate commuting between the college and the hospital or other clinical locations.
- Security: The campus is typically equipped with security measures to ensure the safety and well-being of students, faculty, and staff.
- Wi-Fi: Internet connectivity is available across the campus, enabling research, online learning, and communication.
- Green Spaces: Some institutions incorporate green areas, gardens, or outdoor spaces to provide a pleasant and conducive environment for learning and relaxation.
- Administrative Offices: Offices for administrative staff and departments are available to assist students with various administrative matters, including admissions and student services.
Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff at Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital in Bhubaneswar play vital roles in ensuring the smooth operation of the institution and delivering high-quality medical education and healthcare services. Here’s an overview of the types of faculty and staff you might find at the institution:
- Teaching Faculty: This group includes professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and lecturers who are responsible for teaching various medical disciplines, conducting research, and mentoring students.
- Medical Practitioners: The hospital associated with the institution employs medical practitioners, including doctors, specialists, and surgeons, who provide healthcare services to patients and serve as mentors during clinical rotations for medical students.
- Nursing Staff: Nurses and nursing assistants play essential roles in patient care and are integral to the healthcare team, both in the college’s hospital and affiliated clinics.
- Administrative Staff: Administrative personnel handle various administrative tasks, such as admissions, registrations, record-keeping, and general office management, ensuring the smooth functioning of the institution.
- Laboratory Technicians: These professionals manage and maintain the equipment and facilities in medical laboratories and assist students during practical sessions.
- Librarians: Librarians oversee the institution’s library, aiding students and faculty in accessing resources for research and academic purposes.
- Support Staff: This category includes maintenance staff, security personnel, janitors, and other individuals who contribute to the upkeep and safety of the campus.
- Research Scholars: In some cases, research scholars and postgraduate students may be part of the academic and research staff, actively participating in research projects and academic activities.
- Academic Advisors: Faculty members or academic advisors provide guidance and counseling to students regarding their academic progress and career choices.
- Clinical Instructors: These professionals guide and supervise students during clinical rotations and internships, ensuring that students gain practical experience and apply their knowledge in real healthcare settings.
For UG Courses
PG Course (3 Years Duration)
|Course Name||Duration||Annual Intake (Seats)|
|MS in Anatomy||3 year||2|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 year||2|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 year||2|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 year||8|
|MS – ENT||3 year||3|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 year||6|
|MD – Microbiology||3 year||4|
|MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 year||8|
|MD – Physiology||3 year||4|
|MD – Pathology||3 year||8|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 year||5|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology||3 year||4|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 year||6|
|MS – General Surgery||3 year||12|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 year||8|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis||3 year||4|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 year||2|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||3 year||2|
|MD – Respiratory Medicine||3 year||3|
|MD – General Medicine||3 year||8|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For Undergraducate Courses
For Postgraduate Courses
|Sl. No.||Description||Fees (in Rupees)|
|1||Tution Fees (Clinical)||Rs. 25,00,000/-|
|2||Tution Fees (Para-Clinical)||Rs. 10,00,000/-|
Odisha NEET Cousnelling Process 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official Odisha NEET Counselling website and click on the “Registration” or “Apply Now” button.
Step 2: Fill in Personal Details
- Enter your NEET 2023 Roll Number and Application Number.
- Provide your name, date of birth, gender, and contact information.
Step 3: Academic Details
- Enter details of your 10th and 12th standard education, including marks obtained and the name of the board.
- Upload scanned copies of your mark sheets and certificates.
Step 4: Document Upload
Upload all the required documents mentioned in Step 2. Make sure the documents are clear and in the specified format.
- NEET 2023 Scorecard.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets and certificates.
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, passport, voter ID, etc.).
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- Domicile certificate (if applicable).
- Passport-sized photographs.
Step 5: Choice Filling
- Choose your preferred colleges and courses in order of preference. Be sure to research the colleges and courses before making your choices.
Step 6: Fee Payment
- Pay the required counselling registration fee online. Keep the payment receipt for future reference.
Step 7: Lock and Submit Choices
- After making your choices, lock and submit your preferences. Once submitted, you won’t be able to make changes, so double-check your selections.
- Step 1: Registration and Choice Filling:
- Candidates who have completed the registration process and are on the State Merit List must log in to the online portal.
- They need to submit their preferences for both the Course (MBBS/BDS) and College in order of their preference.
- Candidates must lock their choices, and if not locked, they will be automatically locked when the schedule time ends.
- Step 2: Merit-Based Allotment:
- College and course allotments are done based on the candidate’s merit in the State Merit List.
- After allotment, candidates can download their Allotment Letter.
- Step 3: Provisional Admission Reporting:
- Candidates must report in person to the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) office in Gandamunda, Bhubaneswar, on the specified date and time.
- They should bring all original certificates, mark sheets, and other required documents along with a prepared bond.
- Admission fees, depending on the allotted college, must be paid either online or by demand draft.
- Candidates can choose to Freeze (confirm the allotted seat) or Float (wait for further rounds) at this stage.
- They must submit their original College Leaving Certificate/School Leaving Certificate and will be issued a Provisional Admission Letter.
- Step 4: Failure to Complete Admission Process:
- Candidates who do not complete the admission process as described in point 3 will lose their allotted seat.
- Such candidates can participate in the 2nd round by submitting fresh choice preferences.
- Step 5:Repeat Process for Subsequent Rounds:
- The same procedure is repeated for the 2nd and 3rd rounds of counseling.
- Step 7: Institutional Admission:
- After the 3rd round of counseling, candidates must report to the allotted institution within the specified date.
- They need to submit a copy of the Provisional Admission Letter to complete the admission process at the institutional level.
- Step 8:Resignation and Refund:
- If a candidate resigns on or before the designated date for withdrawal, they will receive 90% of the admission fees back, with 10% deducted as processing fees.
- No resignations will be allowed after the specified date, and a financial penalty may be imposed by the State Government.
- Step 9:Vacancy Handling:
- Any remaining vacancies after the 3rd round of counseling may be filled through upgradation/sliding among existing candidates who opted for the float option.
- Step 10:Spot Counseling (Mop-Up):
- If vacancies still exist, a spot counseling (mop-up) may be conducted.
- Physical presence is mandatory for candidates in spot counseling, and no authorizations are entertained.
- Candidates admitted after the 3rd round are not eligible for spot counseling.
- Step 11:Private Institution Seats:
- Unfilled seats in private institutions after spot counseling will be returned to the respective institutions for counseling and admission based on the NEET UG 2023 merit list.
For UG Courses
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Result.
- Marksheet and Secondary school certificate
- Passing certificate of class 12th and its mark sheet
- Leaving certificate of school or college
- Domicile certificate for proof of living in the state for not less than 10 years.
- Category certificate, if it is applicable
For PG Courses
- MBBS pass certificate and completion certificate.
- NEET PG 2023 admit card.
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard.
- Final MBBS part II mark sheet.
- CRRI certificate.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by MCI.
|Age||Minimum 17 years as of December 31, 2023, with no upper age limit.|
|Nativity||Candidates must be one of the following:|
– Permanent natives of Odisha, OR
– Children of All India Civil Service officers serving in the state of Odisha cadre.
|Educational Qualifications||– Must have passed +2 Science (Intermediate or equivalent) with the following subjects individually: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.|
– Minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology at +2 Science level for General Candidates (GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for SC/ST candidates.
– Minimum aggregate marks of 45% for benchmark disability candidates (PC-GE).
– Minimum aggregate marks of 40% for Physically Challenged candidates of SC/ST category (PC-SC/ST).
|NEET UG 2023 Qualification||– Candidates must have qualified in the NEET UG 2023 exam.|
For NRI Candidate
|Eligibility Criteria for NRI Candidates||Requirements|
|Eligibility||NRI candidates who have qualified NEET UG 2023 are eligible.|
|Definition of NRI||NRI refers to children or wards of a person of Indian origin residing outside India.|
|Documents Required for NRI Candidates||NRI candidates must submit the following documents as proof of their NRI status:|
– Documents that establish the sponsorer’s NRI status, such as the sponsorer’s Passport and Visa.
– Proof of the relationship between the NRI and the candidate as per the court order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017 – Consortium of Deemed University in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08-2017.
– An affidavit from the sponsorer, duly notarized, confirming their commitment to sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate.
– An Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate).
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria for PG Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degreeCandidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||2nd Extended Round||Mop Up Round|
|UR – SG (State Govt School)||677947||159||139459||436||457069||233||93205||488|
|UR – GC (Green Card) Cutoff||47138||552||48418||550||51030||547||—||—|
|UR – EX (Ex-Servicemen)||—||—||50097||548||87541||495||89153||493|
|UR – PH||877405||117||—||—||—||—||—||–|
|EWS – SG (State Govt School)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|EWS – GC (Green Card)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|EWS – EX,PH||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|SC – SG (State Govt School)||181613||397||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|ST – SG (State Govt School)||1048576||94||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|ST – GC & EX||848723||122||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar|
Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital Bhubaneswar
- Address: Pandara, Rasulgarh, Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Q. What is the official website for Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital Bhubaneswar?
A. The official website of Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital, Bhubaneswar is https://www.hi-techmedical.or
Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at HMCH Bhubaneswar?
A. There are 100 seats available for MBBS students at HMCH Bhubaneswar.
Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar?
A. Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar
Q. Is Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar a govt. or private medical college?
A. Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar is a Private, non-profit, self-financed medical college of Eastern India and Odisha.
Q. What is the location of Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar?
A. The address of Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar is Pandara, Rasulgarh, Bhubaneswar, Orissa
Q. When was Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar established?
A. Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar was established in the year of 2005.
Q. How do an individual apply for MBBS at Hi-Tech Medical College Bhubaneswar?
A. Candidate must pass in +2 or appear in CHSE, Orissa or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology) as well as English with at least 50% aggregate marks (PCB taken together) for general category candidates and 40% aggregate marks for SC/ST candidates. Candidates seeking admission to government and private colleges through JEE must be a permanent resident/native of Odisha