Regional Dental College Guwahati is a NEC-accredited Indian government dental college. It was founded in 1982 by NEC. It is North-East India’s first dental college. It is located in Guwahati’s Bhangagarh district.
The college offers a five-year full-time Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree programme (BDS). After earning a bachelor’s degree in dentistry, candidates may pursue a master’s degree in dentistry (MDS) in the same field, as the institute emphasises the master level programme of Dental Sciences.
The college was initially affiliated with Gauhati University. Since 2011, the college has been affiliated with Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, the state’s first health university. The National Dental Commission has recognised Regional Dental College. Admission to the BDS course was based on NEET Entrance Exam.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered for UG Course
- 6 Courses Offered for PG Course
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 BDS Course Internship
- 9 Fees Structure
- 10 Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
- 11 NEET UG Cut Off
- 12 Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
- 13 NEET MDS Cut-Off 2023
- 14 Regional Dental College Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
- 15 Regional Dental College Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
- 16 Assam NEET Counselling Process
- 17 Documents Required for UG Course
- 18 Documents Required for PG Course
- 19 Counselling Fee
- 20 Documents Required for UG Courses
- 21 Contact Details
- 22 Ranking & Reputation
- 23 NEET College Predictors
- 24 NEET Rank Predictors
- 25 Expert Admission Consultants
- 26 Frequently Asked Question
- 26.1 Q. When was the Regional Dental College, Guwahati established?
- 26.2 Q. How many Government Dental Colleges are in Assam?
- 26.3 Q. How many BDS Seats are approved by National Dental Commission in Assam?
- 26.4 Q. What is the Fees for BDS Courses in the Regional Dental College, Guwahati?
- 26.5 Q. The Regional Dental College, Guwahati, is affiliated with which university?
- 26.6 Q. What is the location of the Regional Dental College, Guwahati?
- 26.7 Q. What is the intake capacity for the BDS course at the Regional Dental College, Guwahati?
|Name of Institute||Regional Dental College Guwahati|
|Popular Name||RDC, Guwahati|
|Year of Establishment||1982|
|Affiliated to||Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||National Dental Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Course||BDS & MDS|
|Category||Dental Colleges in Assam|
|Contact||Address: G.M.C.H. Complex, Bhangagarh, Guwahati, Assam 781032 |
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: National Dental Commission
- Aid Status: Government
- Water Plant
- Blood Bank
- Play ground
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff As faculty, they are responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of dental education at the Regional Dental College, Guwahati. All campus faculty adhere to the following policies, which are applicable:
- College faculty are well-trained and experienced individuals with extensive knowledge of the Dental field who are always willing to indulge and prepare students for their professional careers.
- The college faculty is always encouraging students to take on new challenges, giving them the insights they need to improve on both a personal and professional level.
- In addition to faculty members, the institute has a non-technical staff that provides a healthy learning environment for students to grow into professional candidates for their future endeavors.
- Faculties are always keen on the practical and sensible approach to the subject when teaching specific material. Furthermore, the faculty places a greater emphasis on ongoing education in order to promote the efficient use of existing resources.
Courses Offered for UG Course
|BDS||4 + 1 Year Internship||50|
Courses Offered for PG Course
|PeriodontologyMDS Periodontology 2023||2|
|Operative Conservative Dentistry||2|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||2|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics||2|
|1st Year BDS||2nd Year BDS||3rd Year BDS||4th Year BDS|
|General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology||General Pathology and Microbiology||General Medicine||Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry||General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||General Surgery||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology||Dental Materials||Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|–||Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||–||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|–||Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry||–||Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|–||–||–||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|–||–||–||Public Health Dentistry|
BDS Course Internship
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||1 Month|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1 ½ Months|
|Prosthodontics||1 ½ Months|
|Conservative Dentistry||1 Month|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||15 days|
|Community Dentistry/Rural Services||1 Month|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at Admission Helpline No. 9667542500.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||The applicant must be an Assamese national.candidates’ parents must have lived in Assam for at least 20 yearsApplicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have a Class 12 credential or equivalent from a recognized board or institution. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for physically disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For MDS Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET MDS Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after BDS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an BDS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam MDS exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to MDS courses|
NEET MDS Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Regional Dental College Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round|
Regional Dental College Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Category||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray – 1|
Assam NEET Counselling Process
- Visit the official website of Assam NEET Counselling: dme.assam.gov.in.
- Select the “MBBS/BDS Counselling” option.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill in all the required information, including personal, academic, and address details.
- Upload a scanned image of your signature and a photograph. Ensure that the image size for both the signature and photograph is between 35 to 20 kilobytes and 30 to 15 kilobytes, respectively. These files should be in either .jpeg or .jpg format.
- Double-check the information you’ve entered, and when everything is accurate, click the “Submit” button.
- After successfully submitting the online application form, print the e-challan.
- Deposit the required fee of INR 1240 (plus bank charges of INR 60) at any State Bank of India branch on the second working day following the submission of your application. You will receive a copy of the challan as proof of payment.
- It’s advisable to print the Assam MBBS/BDS application form for future reference.
|Counseling Fees (Non-refundable)||INR 500/-|
- During the choice declaration process, indicate your college and course preferences. You can choose as many colleges and courses as you desire. You can access the previous year’s allotment list to help you make your selections.
- After each round of counseling, the seat allotment results will be announced. These results will be available in the form of a seat allotment list and a seat allotment letter. You can check your name, roll number, allotted category, candidates’ category, allotted college, quota, and course in the NEET seat allotment list. The seat allotment letter is a crucial document that you will need to submit when reporting to the allotted college, along with other mandatory documents.
Reporting to the Allotted College:
- Candidates must report to the allotted college to complete the admission formalities. At this time, you should submit the original copies of the mandatory documents required for admission.
Documents Required for UG Course
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- OMR Sheet of NEET UG
- 12th Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- 10th Admit Card, Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Residence Certificate
- PH Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport Size Photographs
Documents Required for PG Course
- NEET MDS Admit Card
- NEET MDS Score Card
- BDS Degree certificate
- BDS Marksheets
- Internship Completion Certificate (stating that the candidate has completed his/ her internship on or before March 31, 2023)
- Registration Certificate from the National Dental Commission or State Dental Council (SDC)
- Birth Certificate or class 10 marksheet
- Photo Id proof (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar card/ Passport)
- Caste Certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC – if applicable)
- Disability Certificate issued by the medical board (if applicable)
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
Documents Required for UG Courses
- NEET-UG Admissions card and score card.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- Class XI Mark Sheet
- H.S.C. Mark sheet or any other equivalent exam.
- Transfer certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if required)
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- Income Certificate for the candidates claiming fee exemption.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable, along with the online application form should be uploaded.
Regional Dental College, Guwahati
- Address : G.M.C.H. Complex, Bhangagarh, Guwahati, Assam 781032
- Admission Helpline no : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Regional Dental College, Guwahati|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Question
Q. When was the Regional Dental College, Guwahati established?
A. Regional Dental College, Guwahati was established in 1982.
Q. How many Government Dental Colleges are in Assam?
A. There are 3 Government Dental Colleges in Assam.
Q. How many BDS Seats are approved by National Dental Commission in Assam?
A. There are 3 Dental Colleges in Assam and 173 BDS Seats are approved in Assam
Q. What is the Fees for BDS Courses in the Regional Dental College, Guwahati?
A. The Fees For BDS course at Regional Dental College is Rs. 36,000/-
Q. The Regional Dental College, Guwahati, is affiliated with which university?
A. Regional Dental College, Guwahati, is affiliated with Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences.
Q. What is the location of the Regional Dental College, Guwahati?
A. The location of the Regional Dental College is G.M.C.H. Complex, Bhangagarh, Guwahati, Assam 781032
Q. What is the intake capacity for the BDS course at the Regional Dental College, Guwahati?
A. The intake capacity for the BDS course at the Regional Dental College is 50 seats.