Armed Forces Medical College, Pune is India’s premier dental college. In 1955, the college was founded. The college is dedicated to providing its students with high-quality dental education and training, with a focus on research and innovation. The college is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in Nashik and has received National Medical Commission recognition.
Students at the college have access to a wide range of extracurricular activities. The college has a vibrant sports culture, and students can participate in sports such as cricket, basketball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, and football. The college also has a well-equipped gym for students who want to stay in shape.
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Affiliation, Recognition & Aid Status
- 3 Facilities and Infrastructure
- 4 Faculty and Staff
- 5 Courses Offered and Seat Intake
- 6 MBBS Internship
- 7 Course Syllabus
- 8 Fees structure
- 9 Contact Details
- 10 Ranking & Reputation
- 11 Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
- 12 Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
- 13 NEET College Predictors
- 14 NEET Rank Predictors
- 15 Expert Admission Consultants
- 16 MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
- 17 Documents Required
- 18 Frequently Asked Question
- 18.1 Q:What courses are offered at Armed Forces Medical College?
- 18.2 Q:Is Armed Forces Medical College affiliated with any university?
- 18.3 Q:What is the duration of MDS programs at Armed Forces Medical College?
- 18.4 Q:Does Armed Forces Medical College provide opportunities for research?
- 18.5 Q:Is National Medical Commission recognizes the college?
- 18.6 Q:Does Armed Forces Medical College have a hostel facility?
|Name of Institute||Armed Forces Medical College, Pune|
|Year of Establishment||1955|
|Institute Category||AFMC College|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Counselling Conducting Authority||Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Maharashtra|
|Contact||Address: Armed Forces Medical College, Wanowrie,Pune – 411040|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition & Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Government
Facilities and Infrastructure
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) in Pune, India, is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure that cater to the diverse needs of medical education, research, and training. These resources are carefully designed to provide a conducive learning environment for students and support the faculty in delivering high-quality education. Here are some key facilities and infrastructure at AFMC:
- Academic Buildings: AFMC has spacious and modern academic buildings with well-equipped classrooms and lecture halls. These buildings are designed to accommodate a large number of students and facilitate interactive teaching sessions.
- Library: The college boasts a well-stocked library that houses an extensive collection of medical books, journals, research papers, and e-resources. The library provides students and faculty with access to a wealth of information, aiding research and academic pursuits.
- Laboratories: AFMC has well-furnished and well-maintained laboratories where students can gain practical exposure and hands-on training in various medical disciplines. These labs are equipped with the latest equipment and technology.
- Teaching Hospital: The college is affiliated with a renowned teaching hospital, Command Hospital (Southern Command), which serves as a premier healthcare facility. The hospital provides an excellent platform for clinical training and exposure to a wide range of medical cases.
- Simulation Centre: AFMC has a modern simulation centre that replicates real-life medical scenarios. This facility allows students to practice clinical skills and decision-making in a controlled environment, enhancing their confidence and competence.
- Auditorium and Conference Halls: The college has well-designed auditoriums and conference halls for conducting seminars, workshops, and academic events. These venues also host guest lectures by eminent medical professionals and researchers.
- Hostels: AFMC provides comfortable and secure hostels for its students, accommodating both male and female students separately. The hostel facilities ensure a conducive living environment and foster a sense of camaraderie among students.
- Sports Facilities: The college emphasizes the overall development of students and promotes physical fitness. It offers sports facilities for various indoor and outdoor activities, encouraging students to participate in sports and recreational activities.
- Research Labs: AFMC is dedicated to fostering research and innovation. It houses research labs equipped with advanced technology to support medical research and contribute to scientific advancements.
- Medical Museum: The college has a medical museum that exhibits a vast collection of medical specimens, models, and historical artifacts. This museum serves as a valuable resource for learning and understanding medical history and advancements.
Faculty and Staff
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) in Pune, India, boasts a highly qualified and dedicated faculty and staff who play a crucial role in providing quality medical education and training to future medical officers of the Armed Forces. The college, established in 1948, is a premier institution known for its excellence in medical education and research.
- The faculty at AFMC comprises experienced and accomplished medical professionals, specialists, and researchers. They hold expertise in various medical disciplines, including medicine, surgery, pediatrics, gynecology, psychiatry, and more. Many faculty members have extensive clinical experience in renowned military and civilian hospitals, enriching the learning experience for the students.
- These esteemed educators are not only proficient in imparting theoretical knowledge but also actively involved in guiding students during clinical rotations and hands-on training. They mentor and nurture the students, instilling a sense of discipline, professionalism, and dedication to service.
- The college also has an efficient administrative staff responsible for managing various aspects of the institution. They handle admissions, student affairs, finance, and other administrative tasks, ensuring the smooth functioning of the college.
- AFMC’s teaching staff and administrative personnel work in close coordination to maintain the college’s high standards and uphold its reputation as a prestigious medical institution. Their commitment to providing top-notch medical education and training is evident in the achievements of AFMC’s graduates, who go on to serve as medical officers in the Indian Armed Forces, contributing significantly to the nation’s healthcare system.
- Furthermore, AFMC encourages continuous professional development, and faculty members are actively involved in research and publications, contributing to the advancement of medical knowledge and practices.
- The combined efforts of the faculty and staff at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, make it a center of excellence, producing skilled and compassionate medical professionals who serve the Armed Forces with distinction and contribute to the well-being of the nation.
Courses Offered and Seat Intake
For Undergraduate Courses
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy||04|
|MD General Medicine||22|
|MD Hospital Administration||08|
|MD Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion||02|
|MD Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||07|
|MD Sports Medicine||02|
|MD Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||12|
|MD/MS Obstetrics & Gynaecology||08|
|MS General Surgery||21|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG Courses
|MBBS||Will be Notified Soon|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD/MS||Will be Notified Soon|
NOTE: The above-shared fees can vary from the actual fees and are subject to change. To know the exact fee structure, candidates can connect with a counseling expert at the Admission Helpline No. 9667542500
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Address: Armed Forces Medical College, Wanowrie, Pune – 411040
- Website: https://afmc.nic.in/
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline no : 966754250
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Armed Forces Medical College, Pune|
Eligibility Criteria For UG Course
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens.NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as on December 31, ). In addition, the candidate’s maximum age should be 25 years.|
|Qualification||The candidate must have passed from a recognized board/institute with a Class 12 credential or equivalent. In addition, the qualifying test should include Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics as core subjects.A minimum of 50% is required for the general category, 40% for SC/ST, and 45% for Physically Disabled candidates.|
NEET UG Cut-Off
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For PG Course
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or an Graduate degree candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off
|Categories||Cut off percentile||Cutoff marks|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we’ve have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can make a difference in your medical education journey;
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
- for All India Quota
- For admission to AIIMS
- For DU & IP Internal Quota
- For Armed Forces Medical College Pune
- Central University
- For ESI Quota
- For Deemed University
MCC NEET UG Counselling Process 2023
Step 1: Visit the MCC Official Website:
- Access the official website of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) specifically designed for NEET UG Counselling 2023.
Step 2: Find the Registration Link:
- Look for the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the website’s homepage. Click on it to initiate the registration process.
Step 3: Read the Instructions:
- Take the time to carefully read and understand the instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria provided on the registration page.
Step 4: Fill in Personal Details:
- Enter your personal information accurately, including your full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email address, and any other required details.
Step 5: NEET UG Details:
- Provide your NEET UG examination details, such as your roll number, application number, and the year in which you appeared for the examination.
Step 6: Generate Login Credentials:
- Create your login credentials, including a unique username and a strong password.
- Remember these details, as you will need them for future access to the counseling portal.
Step 7: Payment of Registration Fee:
- Pay the prescribed registration fee using the available online payment options.
- Ensure that you follow the payment process as per the instructions provided. Keep a record of the transaction details and payment receipts
Counselling Fee (Non-Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
Step 8: Verify and Submit:
- Review all the entered information to ensure its accuracy.
- Make any necessary corrections, if required. Once verified, submit the registration form.
Step 9: Confirmation and Printout:
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation message or email. Take a printout of the confirmation page or save it as a PDF for your records.
Step 10: Keep Registration Details Secure:
- Keep your registration details, including the registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt, safe and easily accessible for future reference.
MCC will be conducting the counseling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges, and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institues, University, AIMS, JIPMER, Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and an additional Round known as the Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
For Undergraduate courses
- Online downloaded Application form of State NEET.
- Copy of downloaded NEET Admit Card.
- Any Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Driving License, PAN Card, Passport)
- Copy of downloaded NEET result/Marksheet.
- Nationality Certificate Issued by District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for Issue of Such certificate)/valid Indian Passport or School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12thStdindicating the candidate’s nationality as ‘Indian’.
- Domicile certificate must be issued by a Magistrate/Metropolitan Magistrate/ Addl: district magistrate or competent authority for the issue of such a certificate.
- SSC i.e. 10thStandard or equivalent examination certificate, school leaving certificate or Birth certificate indicating the candidate’s name (for DOB).
- HSC, i.e., 12th Standard or equivalent examination Statement of Marks
- Medical fitness certificate
- Online Application Form as filled on www.mahacet.org
- Aadhar Card
- orphan certificate from the appropriate authority. (If applicable)
- Religions Minority Certificate/reservation claim certificate (if applicable)
For PG Documents
- MBBS pass certificate and completion certificate.
- NEET PG 2023 admit card.
- NEET PG 2023 scorecard.
- Final MBBS part II mark sheet.
- CRRI certificate.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Permanent/provisional medical registration certificate issued by NMC.
Frequently Asked Question
Q:What courses are offered at Armed Forces Medical College?
A:Armed Forces Medical College offers Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programs in various specializations.
Q:Is Armed Forces Medical College affiliated with any university?
A: Yes, Armed Forces Medical College is affiliated with Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS).
Q:What is the duration of MDS programs at Armed Forces Medical College?
A: The duration of the MDS program is three years.
Q:Does Armed Forces Medical College provide opportunities for research?
Yes, Armed Forces Medical College provides ample opportunities for research. The college has a dedicated research wing that encourages students and faculty members to undertake research projects in various dental specializations. The college also organizes national and international conferences and workshops to promote research in the dental field.
Q:Is National Medical Commission recognizes the college?
A: Yes, National Medical Commission recognizes the college.
Q:Does Armed Forces Medical College have a hostel facility?
A:Yes, Armed Forces MedicalCollege has separate hostel facilities for male and female students. The hostels have all the necessary facilities such as mess, recreation room, study room, and 24/7 security.