Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre Bangalore is a prestigious medical college and hospital that provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medical and healthcare fields. The college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Karnataka and has received National Medical Commission recognition.
The institute places a strong emphasis on extracurricular activities in parallel with academics and provides a range of clubs and societies for students to join. Students benefit from opportunities to interact with their peers as well as opportunities to develop their personalities and leadership abilities.
|Name of Institute||Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre Bangalore|
|Popular Name||Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre|
|Year of Establishment||2002|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Karnataka|
|Counselling Conducting Body||Karnataka Education Authority (KEA)|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission, New Delhi|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam for PG courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS & MD/MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: 82, Nallurahalli, Near BMTC 18th Depot, Whitefield, Bangalore – 560 066 Karnataka|
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition & Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Karnataka
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Private
Facilities And Infrastructure
Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre in Bangalore offers a range of modern facilities to students and faculty, including:
- Campus: The institute has an extensive campus with cutting-edge facilities, such as contemporary classrooms, labs, and libraries, which give students a comfortable learning environment.
- Hostel: Separate hostel accommodations are available at the institute for boys and girls. The hostels have Wi-Fi, laundry, and housekeeping services, among other contemporary conveniences.
- Hospital: The institute has a top-notch hospital that offers patients top-notch medical care. The hospital has a number of departments, including those for orthopaedics, cardiology, and neurology.
- Library: The institute has a large, well-lit library that is filled with a wide range of books, periodicals, and other scholarly resources. The library also has a digital section where users can access e-journals and online databases.
- Library: The institute has a spacious and well-stocked library with a vast collection of books, journals, and other reference materials. The library also has a digital section with access to online databases and e-journals.
- Laboratories: Anatomy, microbiology, pathology, and other departments’ laboratories are all well-equipped at the institute. Modern tools and technology are available in the labs to support hands-on learning.
- Sports and fitness: To encourage students’ physical fitness and wellness, the institute has a variety of sports facilities, including a gymnasium, a swimming pool, and outdoor sports facilities.
- Cafeteria: The institute has a large, clean cafeteria where a variety of wholesome food options are served.
- The Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center’s facilities are made to give students a relaxing and up-to-date learning environment while also enhancing their general wellbeing.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- Respiratory Medicine
- General Surgery
- Radiation Oncology
- Hospital Administration
- Radio Diagnosis
- Cardio Thoracic And Vascular Surgery
- Medical Oncology
- Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
Faculty and Staff
- The faculty and staff at Bangalore’s Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre are highly skilled and knowledgeable, and they are dedicated to giving students a well-rounded education and support. The professors are authorities in their fields, many of whom have advanced degrees and years of real-world experience.
- To ensure that students receive a thorough education, the institute’s faculty members employ cutting-edge teaching techniques like lectures, discussions, case studies, and hands-on activities. Additionally, they participate in research activities, exposing students to the most recent developments in the industry.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||250|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Name of the course||Annual Intake|
|MD Forensic Medicine||01|
|MD Community Medicine||03|
|MD General Medicine||16|
|MD Respiratory Medicine||03|
|MS General Surgery||12|
|MD Radio Diagnosis||10|
|MD Radiation Oncology||08|
|MD Hospital Administration||03|
|MD Emergency Medicine||02|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||One month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For Under Graduate Courses
|Specifics||Fees (per annum)|
|Government Quota||Rs. 1,28,746/-|
|Private Quota||Rs. 9,81,956/-|
|University Fees||Rs. 11,950/-|
|Misc Fees||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Hostel & Mess||Rs. 1,60,000/-|
For Postgraduate Courses
|MD/MS||Will be Notified|
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
For UG Courses
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre Bangalore Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre Bangalore
- Address: 82, Nallurahalli, Near BMTC 18th Depot, Whitefield, Bangalore – 560 066 Karnataka
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name Of Institute||Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre Bangalore|
|Faculty & Staff||Excellent|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What courses are offered at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre?
A:Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various medical fields.
Q:What are the facilities available for students at the institute?
A:The institute has a range of modern facilities for students, including a spacious campus, well-equipped classrooms and laboratories, a library with digital resources, separate hostels for boys and girls, a hospital for practical training, sports facilities, and a hygienic cafeteria.
Q:What are the job opportunities available after completing a course from the institute?
A:Students completing courses from Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre can find employment opportunities in various healthcare sectors, including hospitals, clinics, research organizations, and pharmaceutical companies. They can also pursue higher studies or research in their respective fields.
Q:What is the admission process at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre?
A:The admission process varies depending on the course. Generally, for undergraduate courses, students need to have passed 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 50% in the relevant subjects. For postgraduate courses, students need to have completed a relevant undergraduate degree with a minimum aggregate of 50%. Students also need to appear for entrance exams such as NEET, PGET, or CET, and clear the cutoff scores to be eligible for admission.
Q:Does the institute provide internship opportunities for students?
A:Yes, Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre provides internship opportunities for students in its affiliated hospitals. The internships are an integral part of the curriculum and provide students with practical training in a clinical setting.
Q:What are the research opportunities available at the institute?
A:The institute has a dedicated research wing that provides opportunities for students and faculty members to participate in research activities. The research areas include medical and dental sciences, nursing, physiotherapy, and allied health sciences. Students can also participate in research projects funded by various organizations.
Q:Is the institute located in a convenient location?
A:Yes, the institute is located in a convenient location in Bangalore, with good connectivity to the city’s major transportation hubs. It is easily accessible by bus, train, and cab services, and is situated in a calm and peaceful environment away from the hustle and bustle of the city.