Oxford Medical College Bangalore known as Oxford Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre Bangalore is a well-known private medical college in Karnataka. It was established in 2014. The NMC has approved Oxford Medical College Bangalore, which is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
Oxford Medical College Hospital & Research Centre Bangalore’s vision is to excel in the art of empowering Medical professionals to be efficient in fostering global competencies through advanced technology and research instilling ethics values-based learning.
They hope to contribute to the development of the nation by providing their sincere services to the vital fields of health care and education by establishing a Medical College with a strong focus on cultivating commitment, zeal, and enthusiasm among the medical student community.
Oxford Medical College is 38 kilometres from the city railway station, accessible via Hosur Road. Bangalore airport is 65 kilometres from Oxford Medical College. It is also only 37 kilometres from the Kempegowda bus station.
|Name of Institute||Oxford Medical College Bangalore|
|Popular Name||OMC Bangalore, Oxford Medical College, Bangalore|
|Year of Establishment||2014|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences/ Oxford University|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam For UG Exam||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam For PG Exam||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: Yadavanahalli, Attibele, Behind La Classic Hotel, Bangalore – 562107|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation and Recognition
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Private
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Academic Buildings: Oxford Medical College likely has dedicated academic buildings with classrooms, lecture halls, and seminar rooms. These facilities are essential for teaching and learning activities.
- Teaching Hospital: Medical colleges are typically associated with teaching hospitals where students gain practical clinical experience. The hospital may have various departments, including medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, radiology, and more.
- Library: The institution should have a well-stocked library with a vast collection of medical textbooks, journals, research materials, and digital resources to support students and faculty in their studies and research.
- Hostel Facilities: Many medical colleges offer hostel accommodations for students, especially those from out of town. These hostels provide a safe and conducive living environment.
- Auditorium: An auditorium with audio-visual facilities is typically available for hosting seminars, conferences, cultural events, and other gatherings.
- Laboratories: Specialized laboratories for various medical and scientific disciplines, including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, microbiology, and more, are essential for practical training and research.
- Medical Equipment: Oxford Medical College is likely equipped with modern medical equipment and technology, including diagnostic tools, surgical instruments, and imaging facilities, to support both education and patient care.
- Sports and Recreation: Physical fitness is encouraged, and many institutions have sports facilities such as a gymnasium, sports fields, and indoor games.
- Cafeteria and Dining: On-campus dining facilities and cafeterias are typically available to provide students and staff with meals and refreshments.
- Transportation: Some medical colleges offer transportation facilities for students and staff to commute between the college campus and the affiliated hospital or for clinical rotations.
- Research Facilities: Research centers or dedicated research facilities may be available for faculty and students to engage in medical research, experiments, and projects.
- Internet and Wi-Fi: Access to the internet and Wi-Fi connectivity are crucial for research, study, and communication needs.
- Administrative Offices: Administrative offices within the campus handle admissions, academic records, and other administrative tasks related to the institution’s operations.
Faculty And Staff
- Teaching Faculty: Oxford Medical College has a team of experienced teaching faculty that includes professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and lecturers. They are responsible for delivering lectures, conducting practical training, and overseeing academic programs in various medical and healthcare disciplines.
- Medical Practitioners: Medical practitioners, including doctors and specialists, play a crucial role in the associated hospital. They are responsible for patient care, diagnosis, treatment, and clinical training of medical students. These practitioners can be specialists in various medical fields.
- Nursing Staff: A dedicated team of nursing professionals ensures that patients in the hospital receive high-quality care. They work closely with doctors, medical students, and other healthcare professionals in various clinical departments.
- Administrative Staff: Administrative personnel handle various administrative functions within the institution. This includes admissions, academic records, financial matters, and general administrative tasks.
- Research Scholars: Some faculty members and students may be involved in medical and healthcare research activities. Research scholars often contribute to ongoing research projects and studies in various medical and healthcare fields.
- Laboratory Technicians: Laboratory technicians are responsible for managing and maintaining the specialized equipment and instruments in medical and research laboratories. They support both teaching and research activities.
- Librarians: Librarians manage the institution’s library, helping students and faculty access a wide range of medical literature, research papers, and textbooks.
- Technical Support Staff: Technical support professionals are responsible for maintaining the information technology infrastructure of the institution, including computer systems, networks, and software.
- Clinical Instructors: In clinical departments, clinical instructors or demonstrators assist in teaching and training medical students during their clinical rotations and hands-on patient care experiences.
- Counselors: Some institutions have counseling services to support students’ academic and personal well-being. Counselors provide guidance and assistance when needed.
- Security Personnel: Security staff ensures the safety and security of the campus, particularly in the hospital areas where patient care is a priority.
- Hospital Administrators: Hospital administrators oversee the day-to-day operations of the affiliated hospital, including budgeting, staffing, and overall management.
- Technical Support: IT professionals are responsible for managing the institution’s computer systems, networks, and technology infrastructure, ensuring that it functions smoothly.
- Support Staff: Support staff includes attendants, maintenance workers, and other personnel who contribute to the smooth functioning of the institution and its facilities.
Course Offered And Seat Intake
|Course Name||Total Seat||Duration|
|MBBS||150||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
|MD – Anaesthesiology||3 Years||4|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry||3 Years||3|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy||3 Years||3|
|MD – Emergency Medicine||3 Years||3|
|MD – Forensic Medicine||3 Years||3|
|MD – General Medicine||3 Years||8|
|MD – Microbiology||3 Years||4|
|MD – Paediatrics||3 Years||3|
|MD – Pathology||3 Years||3|
|MD – Pharmacology||3 Years||3|
|MD – Physiology||3 Years||2|
|MD – Psychiatry||3 Years||2|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology||3 Years||3|
|MD – Respiratory Medicine||3 Years||2|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine||3 Years||5|
|MD/MS – Anatomy||3 Years||3|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology||3 Years||3|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology||3 Years||2|
|MS – ENT||3 Years||2|
|MS – General Surgery||3 Years||5|
|MS – Orthopaedics||3 Years||3|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
MBBS Course Syllabus
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG courses
|Specifics||Fees (per annum)|
|Government Quota||Rs. 1,28,746/-|
|Private Quota||Rs. 9,81,956/-|
|University Fees||Rs. 11,950/-|
|Misc Fees||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Hostel Fees||Rs. 48,000/-|
|Mess Fees||Rs. 72,000/-|
|Transport Fees||Rs. 42,000/-|
For PG Course
|MD/MS||Will Be Notified Soon|
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
For UG Courses
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Bangalore Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Bangalore
- Address: Yadavanahalli, Attibele, Behind La Classic Hotel, Bangalore – 562107
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Official website: http://theoxfordmedical.org/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||The Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Bangalore|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What is the official website for Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Bangalore?
A. The official website of Oxford Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Bangalore is http://theoxfordmedical.org/
Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at Oxford Medical College?
A. There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at Oxford Medical College.
Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in Oxford Medical College?
A. Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the Oxford Medical College.
Q. Is Oxford Medical College a govt. or private medical college?
A. Oxford Medical College is a Private medical college with University of Oxford-affiliation & Oxford university Hospitals.
Q. What is the location of Oxford Medical College?
A. The address of Oxford Medical College is Yadavanahalli, Attibele, Behind La Classic Hotel, Bangalore – 562107.
Q. When was Oxford Medical College Established?
A. Oxford Medical College was Established in the year of 2013.