Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences Haveri is a government medical college located in Haveri, Karnataka, India. It was established in 2022, to provide quality medical education, healthcare services, and research opportunities to students, patients, and the community, with a focus on compassion, integrity, and excellence. The college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka and has received recognition from the National Medical Commission.
The college provides a 5.5-year MBBS programme that includes a required internship of one year. The faculty of HIMS is composed of professionals in each of their disciplines who have years of experience and education. The academic staff is committed to giving students a high-quality education and is actively engaged in research. Also, the institution includes a committed group of non-teaching employees, nurses, and paramedical personnel that support the teachers and students.
Healthcare services are offered to residents of Haveri and the surrounding regions by HIMS’ 300-bed hospital, which is affiliated with the college. The hospital has state-of-the-art medical tools and amenities, such as an intensive care unit (ICU), a critical care unit (CCU), emergency services, diagnostic services, and a number of departments, including cardiology, neurology, nephrology, oncology, and more. The hospital enables the students obtain real-world exposure while also providing clinical instruction.
The college also offers students the chance to engage in extracurricular activities such as athletics, cultural events, and social gatherings in addition to academics. A student council at the college plans several occasions and activities all year long. HIMS seeks to become a premier institution in the field of medical education, healthcare, and research and contribute to the general well-being of the society.
|Name of Institute||Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences Haveri|
|Popular Name||HIMS, Haveri|
|Year of Establishment||2022|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission|
|Counselling conducting authority||Karnataka Education Authority (KEA)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam for UG courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: 1st Floor, Mch Block, District Hospital Campus, HAVERI 581110.|
Email ID: email@example.com
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition, and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Approved by: National Medical Commission
- Aid Status: Government
Facilities and Infrastructure
For students, faculty, and staff, HIMS provides a variety of amenities that foster an environment that is favourable for learning and working. Some of the major facilities provided by the college are:
- Library: The college offers a spacious and well-stocked library that provides a vast collection of books, journals, and online resources. The library also provides internet access to students and staff, enabling them to access a wide range of information and knowledge.
- Lecture Halls: HIMS has well-equipped and spacious lecture halls that offer a comfortable and conducive learning environment for students. The lecture halls are equipped with modern amenities and technologies, providing students with an enhanced learning experience.
- Laboratories: HIMS has state-of-the-art laboratories with modern equipment and facilities for practical training in various fields of medicine, including Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, and Pharmacology. The laboratories are well-maintained and offer hands-on learning experiences to students, preparing them for real-world medical challenges.
- Hospital: HIMS has a 300-bed hospital attached to it, providing healthcare services to the people of Haveri and nearby areas. The hospital is equipped with modern medical facilities and equipment, including an ICU, CCU, emergency services, diagnostic services, and various departments like cardiology, neurology, nephrology, oncology, and more. The hospital provides students with clinical exposure, allowing them to gain practical experience and knowledge.
- Hostel: HIMS offers hostel facilities for both male and female students with basic amenities like bed, study table, chair, and wardrobe. The hostels are well-maintained and offer a comfortable and safe environment for students.
- Sports: HIMS encourages students to participate in various sports activities and has facilities for outdoor and indoor games like cricket, football, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, and chess. The sports facilities help students to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle and develop sportsmanship and team-building skills.
- Canteen: The college has a canteen that serves hygienic and healthy food to the students and staff at reasonable prices. The canteen offers a variety of food options, including vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, snacks, and beverages.
- Transport: HIMS provides transport facilities for students and staff, making commuting convenient. The college has a fleet of buses that pick up and drop off students and staff from different locations, ensuring their safety and timely arrival at the college.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Faculty and Staff
The faculty and staff at Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences (HIMS) are highly skilled and knowledgeable, and they offer the students superior instruction and training. Some of the faculty and staff members at HIMS are:
- Professors: HIMS has a team of highly qualified and experienced professors who are experts in their respective fields of medicine. They provide theoretical and practical training to the students and guide them through their academic journey.
- Assistant Professors: The assistant professors at HIMS assist the professors in teaching and training the students. They have in-depth knowledge of their specialised fields and provide the pupils insightful advice.
- Associate Professors: The associate professors at HIMS have a considerable amount of experience in their respective fields and provide students with practical knowledge and training.
- Clinical Instructors: HIMS has a team of clinical instructors who provide clinical training to the students in the hospital attached to the institute. They guide students through their practical training and help them to develop the necessary skills and knowledge.
- Administrative Staff: The daily activities of the institute are overseen by a group of administrative employees at HIMS. They serve the instructors and students while handling administrative duties including admission, registration, and student records.
- Technical Staff: HIMS has a team of technical staff who manage and maintain the laboratories and equipment used in practical training.They make sure the labs and equipment are in excellent working order and offer instructors and students technical help.
Courses Offered and Intake Capacity
For Undergraduate Courses
|MBBS||4 and ½ years + 1 Year Internship||150|
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG courses
|For State Quota||Rs. 59,850/-|
|For AIQ Quota||Rs. 95,110/-|
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
MCC Counseling Registration
|1||Visit MCC Official Website||Go to the official MCC Counselling 2023|
|2||Find the Registration Link||Locate and click on the “Registration” or “New Registration” link on the homepage.|
|3||Read the Instructions||Carefully read and understand the provided instructions, guidelines, and eligibility criteria.|
|4||Fill in Personal Details||Enter accurate personal information: full name, date of birth, gender, contact number, email, etc.|
|5||NEET UG Details||Provide NEET UG exam details: roll number, application number, and exam year.|
|6||Generate Login Credentials||Create a unique username and strong password for future access to the counseling portal.|
|7||Payment of Registration Fee||Pay the prescribed fee using available online payment options. Follow provided payment instructions.|
|8||Verify and Submit||Review entered information, make corrections if needed, and submit the registration form.|
|9||Confirmation and Printout||Receive a confirmation message/email upon successful submission. Print or save as PDF for records.|
|10||Keep Registration Details Secure||Safely store registration number, login credentials, and payment receipt for future reference.|
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Deemed University||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 5,000|
Security Fee (Refundable)
|15% AIQ/Central Universities||Rs. 1,0000||Rs. 5,000|
|Deemed University||Rs. 2,00,000||Rs. 2,00,000|
MCC Counselling Process
MCC will be the conducting the counselling process for admission to Medical, Dental Colleges and Nursing Colleges for the AIQ, Central Institutes, University, AIMS, JIPMER , Deemed universities, AMU, BHU and etc. The Counselling will be held in Four Rounds Namely Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 and additional Round known as Stray vacancy round which will be the last round for the counselling and admission. Here’re are some details about each round given below:
- Register for Main Counseling: Visit www.mcc.nic.in and register for Round-1 by paying a Non-Refundable Registration fee and Refundable Security Deposit.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Choose your preferred institutes and courses during the specified days and lock your choices.
- Seat Allotment Round-1: Based on your choices and merit, seats will be allotted in Round-1.
- Result Publication: The Round-1 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College with original documents. Those who want to upgrade to Round-2 must report with their original documents.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Round-1: If you weren’t allotted a seat in Round-1, no need to register again. You will automatically be considered for Round-2.
- Fresh Registration for Round-2: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 must register for Round-2 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-2: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-2 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-2 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-2, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College. Upgraded candidates must take relieving from Round-1 seat and join Round-2 seat.
- Candidates Not Allotted in Previous Rounds: If you were not allotted a seat in Round-1 or Round-2, no need to register again. You will be considered for Round-3.
- Fresh Registration for Round-3: New candidates or those who didn’t register in Round-1 or Round-2 must register for Round-3 by paying the fees.
- Choice Filling and Locking: Fill new choices and lock them during the specified period.
- Seat Allotment Round-3: Seats will be allotted based on your choices and merit.
- Result Publication: The Round-3 result will be published on the MCC website.
- Upload Essential Certificates: After the Round-3 result is declared, upload the necessary certificates as per the guidelines.
- Physical Reporting: If allotted a seat in Round-3, physically report to the allocated Medical/Dental College.
FINAL STRAY VACANCY ROUND:
- Fresh Registrations: Candidates must register for the Final Stray Vacancy Round.
- Elimination: Candidates with allotted seats in other rounds will be eliminated from the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Stray Vacancy Round: The AIQ Stray Vacancy Round for vacant seats will be conducted online by MCC of DGHS, MoHFW.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted based on merit in the Stray Vacancy Round.
- Joining Allotted Seat: If allotted a seat in the Stray Round, the candidate must join the allocated seat/college. Failure to join will result in debarment from NEET examination for 01 year and forfeiture of fees.
(Note: Candidates can participate in Round-2 or Round-3 directly without fresh registration if they are not allotted a seat in the previous round. Upgraded candidates cannot claim their previous round seat.)
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences, Haveri Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences, Haveri Cut-Off 2022 (AIQ Quota)
|Rounds||First Round||Second Round||Mop-Up Round||Stray Vacancy-1||Stray Vacancy-1|
Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences, Haveri
- Address: 1st Floor, Mch Block, District Hospital Campus, HAVERI 581110.
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
- Website: https://himshaveri.karnataka.gov.in/
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences, Haveri|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What courses does Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences (HIMS) offer?
A. HIMS offers undergraduate medical course MBBS.
Q. Is Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences (HIMS) affiliated to any university?
A. Yes, HIMS is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore.
Q. What is the duration of the MBBS course at Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences (HIMS)?
A. The duration of the MBBS course at HIMS is 5.5 years, including one year of compulsory internship.
Q. Does Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences (HIMS) provide hostel facilities for students?
A. Yes, HIMS provides separate hostel facilities for male and female students. The hostels are equipped with all necessary amenities.
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course at Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences (HIMS)?
A. The eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS course at HIMS is 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects, and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Q. Does Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences (HIMS) have a hospital attached to the institute?
A. Yes, HIMS has a 300-bed hospital attached to the institute, where students can receive practical training.
Q. What are the career prospects for MBBS graduates from Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences (HIMS)?
A. MBBS graduates from HIMS can work as doctors in government and private hospitals, clinics, or set up their own practice. They can also pursue higher studies and specialize in various fields of medicine.
Q. What are the extracurricular activities available at Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences (HIMS)?
A. HIMS encourages students to participate in various extracurricular activities like sports, cultural events, seminars, and workshops. The college also has a student council and various clubs and societies to help students pursue their interests.