SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital Dharwad is the SDM Educational Society’s first modern medicine Medical College. SDMMC Dharwad (Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara College of Medical) is a prestigious private medical college in Karnataka. It was established in 2003 and is managed by the SDM Educational Society.
SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital complex, located 6 kilometres from Dharwad on the Pune-Bangalore road in a spacious 52-acre land of serene surroundings, can boast of an ideal environment for best medical education. No effort has been spared in providing the best infrastructure facilities required for the development of an ideal professional. This part of Karnataka state’s spacious location away from the noise of buzzing cities, pollution-free environment, and comfortable natural ambient temperature range can be an ideal dream for many parents drawn from various locations in India and abroad.
|Name of Institute||SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital Dharwad|
|Popular Name||SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital|
|Year of Establishment||2003|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducting authority||Karnataka Education Authority (KEA)|
|Hostel Facilities||Yes (Male and Female)|
|Entrance Exam For UG Courses||NEET UG Exam|
|Entrance Exam For PG Courses||NEET PG Exam|
|Course||MBBS, MD/ MS|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Karnataka|
|Contact||Address: SDM College of Medical Sciences & HospitalManjushree nagar, Sattur, Dharwad,Karnataka – 580009|
Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Affiliation, Recognition and Aid Status
- Affiliated with: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Aid Status: Private
Courses Offered and Seat Intake
Undergraduate Medical Course
|Course Name||Total Seat||Duration|
|MBBS||150||5.5 [4.5+1 Year Internship]|
PG Medical Course:
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||Two months|
|Medicine, including 15 days of Psychiatry||Two months|
|Surgery, including 15 days of Anaesthesia||Two months|
|Obstet./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||Two months|
|Orthopedics including PMR||15 days|
|Elective posting||15 days|
For UG course (MBBS)
|Name||Pre Clinical||Para Clinical||Clinical|
|Semester||Semester 1 – 2||Semester 3 – 5||Semester 6 – 9|
|Subjects||Biochemistry||Community Medicine||Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology)|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|—||Pathology||Surgery and allied subjects|
For UG courses
|Specifics||Fees (per annum)|
|Government Quota||Rs. 1,44,246/-|
|Private Quota||Rs. 18,75,000/-|
|University Fees||Rs. 35,155,00/-|
For PG Courses
|Specifics||Fees (per annum)|
|MD/MS||Will Be Notified Soon|
Karnataka NEET Counselling 2023
Step 1: Online Registration
- Begin the registration process by accessing the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration” to enter your details online.
Step 2: User Login
- Log in using your USER ID and Password.
- Enter your details step by step, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload scanned copies of the following documents separately in JPG/JPEG format:
- Recent passport-sized color photograph
- Left-hand thumb impression
Step 4: Draft Print and Verification
Before selecting the declaration, take a draft print of your application form.
- Carefully check and verify all the entered information for accuracy.
- Make any necessary changes if required.
- If all details are correct, select the declaration.
Step 5: Payment
- Proceed to pay the required fees following the payment gateway procedures provided.
Step 6: Application Form Printout
- After successful payment, take a printout of the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy should be produced during document verification.
|(for Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD/GM/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates)||Rs. 500/-|
|Non-Karnataka candidates||Rs. 2,500/-|
|(for NRI Ward/NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates)||Rs. 5,500/-|
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the website kea.kar.nic.in.
- Select “UGNEET-2023 Online Registration.”
- Use your USER ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your details accurately.
- Upload a recent passport-size color photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Before confirming, review your application and make necessary changes.
- If everything is correct, select the declaration.
- Follow the provided payment gateway procedures to pay the fees.
- Print the application form on A-4 size paper.
- This printed copy is required for document verification.
Step 2: Document Verification
- Candidates who haven’t verified their documents must register online and complete this process.
- If you’ve already verified your documents for UGCET-2023 and don’t require additional reservations, you don’t need to verify again for Medical/Dental/AYURVEDA/UNANI/HOMEOPATHY courses. Just download the UGNEET-2023 Verification slip.
- If you’re eligible for additional reservations, ensure you claim them during online application and verify with relevant certificates.
Step 3: Course and College Choices
- Enter your course and college choices online based on seat availability.
- You can enter as many options as you want but prioritize them carefully.
- After entering options, a mock allotment will be done. It’s indicative and helps you revise your choices.
Step 4: Mock Allotment
- Review the results of the mock allotment, which shows where you might be allocated based on your preferences.
- Consider changing or retaining the entered options based on the mock allotment results.
Step 5: Finalize Options
- Verify your allotted seat status on the KEA website and modify options if needed.
- Continue to update your options until the last date for real allotment.
Step 6: Allotment Process
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds, with each round having three phases.
First Round of Seat Allotment:
- Allotment is based on merit and priority of options entered by candidates.
- Special Category seats (Persons with disability, NCC, Sports Category) are allotted first.
- Seats are allocated according to the reservation policy.
- General Merit candidates are considered only in the General Merit quota, following the rank list.
- Reserved Kannada Medium and Rural Category candidates may also be allotted in their respective categories.
- Hyderabad-Karnataka reservation is considered.
- Special Category candidates like Defense, Ex-defense, CAPF, Ex-CAPF are allotted based on ranks and available seats.
- The first phase of allotment may involve multiple iterations until seats are filled or ranks exhausted.
Second Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allotted in the same manner as the first round.
- Unfilled seats in Rural and Kannada medium quota of reserved categories are converted to General category and offered to reserved category candidates.
- Only reserved category candidates are considered in this phase, and GM candidates are not.
- Consequential vacancies are considered.
Third Round of Allotment:
- Seats are allocated in the same order as previous rounds.
- Unfilled seats in various reserved General categories are converted to General Merit and offered to GM candidates.
- Consequential Rural and Kannada medium reserved category seats are considered.
- The order of seat allotment remains the same, and the process continues until no changes occur.
Step 7: Reporting to Colleges
- After the seat allotment in the final round, candidates who have been allotted seats need to report to the respective colleges they’ve been allocated.
The reporting process involves the following:
Step 8: Document Verification:
- Candidates must carry all necessary documents for verification, including educational certificates, identification, and allotment-related documents.
- The college authorities will verify your documents to ensure eligibility and compliance with admission criteria.
Step 9: Payment of Fees:
- Candidates are required to pay the prescribed fees as per the college’s fee structure.
- Ensure you understand the payment schedule and deadlines to avoid any issues.
Step 10: Confirmation of Admission:
- Once the documents are verified, and fees are paid, the college will confirm your admission.
- You may receive an admission letter or receipt as proof of your admission status.
Step 11: Seat Confirmation and Vacant Seats:
- If any candidates do not report to the allocated colleges within the specified timeframe, their seats may be considered vacant.
For UG Courses
- SSLC/10th standard mark Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard mark Sheet
- Final print out of online application form
- Original copy of chalan for having paid the registration fees
- NEET admission ticket
- Study certificate issued by school
- NEET Rank letter
- Two recent passport size photogrraphs
- Migration Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Eligibility Certificate (Those who are studied under other than PU Board, Karnataka)
- Adhaar Card
For PG Courses
- High School/Secondary School Certificate for date of birth
- Provisional Pass Certificate and Mark sheets of every year of MBBS
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/ Provisional Registration Certificate
- NEET PG admit card
- NEET PG Score card
- Domicile certificate
|Qualify Exam||NEET conducted By NTA|
|Nationality||Applicants must be Indian citizens. NRI candidates with Indian passports are also eligible to apply. Under the NRI Category, overseas citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin (PIO) are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||17 years old (as of December 31). The upper age limit for General category candidates is 25 years, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, it is 30 years.|
|Qualification||Candidates must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.|
|Qualifying Marks||They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (for General category candidates) and 40% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination.|
NEET UG Cut Off 2023
|Category||Qualifying criteria||NEET Cutoff 2022||NEET Cutoff 2023|
|UR / EWS & PH||45th Percentile||116-105||136-121|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-107|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||104-93||120-108|
Eligibility Criteria For Post-Graduate courses
|Entrance Exam:||NEET PG Exam|
|Age||No age restrictions|
|Internship||Mandatory experience of 1-year internship after MBBS course|
|Qualification||Candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized educational institute or Equivalent Graduate degree. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to sit for the Exam PG exam, qualifying via which they will get admission to PG courses|
NEET PG Cut-Off 2023
|Categories||Cut off percentile 2023||Cutoff marks 2023|
SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital Cut-Off 2022 (State Quota)
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2|
|Category||All India Rank||Marks||All India Rank||Marks|
SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital
- Address: Manjushree nagar, Sattur, Dharwad, Karnataka – 580009
- Email: email@example.com
- Admission Helpline Number : 9667542500
Ranking & Reputation
|Name of Institute||SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital|
NEET College Predictors
We understand the significance of choosing the right medical college for your bright future. Our website offers a variety of college predictors to ensure that you make informed decisions during the NEET counseling process.
With our NEET Score Predictor, input your NEET score, and instantly receive a personalized list of colleges where you have a higher chance of getting admitted. Our state-wise and category-based predictors further refine your options based on your preferences, giving you accurate and tailored results. we have offered you the top-of-the-class college predictors here’s the list of the college predictor for you;
- MBBS College Predictors
- BDS College Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors
NEET Rank Predictors are innovative tools designed to assist medical aspirants in estimating their All India Rank (AIR) in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). As one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, NEET plays a pivotal role in determining admission to undergraduate medical courses. NEET Rank Predictors empower students with insights into their performance, helping them set realistic goals and make informed decisions during the college selection process. Here’s the best ranks we’ve provided you with;
- MBBS Rank Predictors
- BDS Rank Predictors
Expert Admission Consultants
NEET Counselling takes pride in offering a team of highly experienced and dedicated Expert Admission Consultants who are committed to helping aspiring medical students achieve their dreams. Our consultants possess in-depth knowledge of the medical admission process and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field. They are well-versed in the intricacies of NEET counselling, medical college admissions, and various state-specific admission procedures. Here’s how our Expert Admission Consultants can help you with various counselling process
- MBBS Admission Consultant
- BDS Admission Consultant
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the official website for SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital?
A. The official website of SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital ishttps://sdmmedicalcollege.org/
Q. How many seats are there for Medical aspirants at SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital?
A. There are 150 seats available for MBBS students at SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital.
Q. What are the admission requirements for medical programmes in SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital?
A. Students must perform well on the NEET exam in order to be admitted to the SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital.
Q. Is SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital a govt. or private medical college?
A. SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospitalis a private medical college.
Q. What is the location of SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital?
A. The address of SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital isManjushree nagar, Sattur, Dharwad, Karnataka – 580009
Q. When was SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital established?
A. SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital was established in the year of 2003.